Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Open source project
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Open source project Post 302652181 by pludi on Wednesday 6th of June 2012 04:29:26 PM
Old 06-06-2012
A very simple start: pick the open source software you use most often, register with their bug tracking system, and start testing the newest builds. When something breaks, try to repeat it, and send it in with instructions on how to reproduce, what happens, ...

Over time you might start looking at the code to see why it breaks, or how to improve the documentation.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recruiting for an open source project

I am posting this gauge the level of interest among the community in forming an open source team to work on an automation harness I am about to make available. I already have a working POC running at my place of work, but it is not secure enough for production environments. However, I am about... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Feedback on "withsome" open source project

I have been developing an open source UNIX project for a few years and am looking for feedback on whether further development of the "withsome" project is of interest to other programmers. One simple example to give an idea of the project is: withsome ./pugs vi Pugs.pm 1)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronaldxs
0 Replies
qmail-start(8)                                                System Manager's Manual                                               qmail-start(8)

NAME
qmail-start - turn on mail delivery SYNOPSIS
qmail-start [ defaultdelivery [ logger arg ... ] ] DESCRIPTION
qmail-start invokes qmail-send, qmail-lspawn, qmail-rspawn, and qmail-clean, under the proper uids and gids. These four daemons cooperate to deliver messages from the queue. qmail-start arranges for qmail-send's activity record to be sent to qmail-start's output. See qmail-log(5) for the format of the activity record. Other than this, qmail-start does not print anything, even on failure. If defaultdelivery is supplied, qmail-start passes it to qmail-lspawn. If logger is supplied, qmail-start invokes logger with the given arguments, and feeds qmail-send's activity record through logger. Environment variables given to qmail-start will eventually be passed on to qmail-local, so make sure to clean up the environment if you run qmail-start manually: # env - PATH="/var/lib/qmail/bin:$PATH" qmail-start ./Mailbox splogger qmail & (all on one line) Resource limits, controlling ttys, et al. are also passed from qmail-start to qmail-local. Note that qmail-send normally juggles several simultaneous deliveries. To reduce qmail-send's impact on other programs, you can run qmail- start with a low priority. SEE ALSO
logger(1), splogger(1), nice(1), qmail-log(5), qmail-local(8), qmail-clean(8), qmail-lspawn(8), qmail-rspawn(8), qmail-send(8) qmail-start(8)