Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Open source project
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Open source project Post 302652181 by pludi on Wednesday 6th of June 2012 04:29:26 PM
Old 06-06-2012
A very simple start: pick the open source software you use most often, register with their bug tracking system, and start testing the newest builds. When something breaks, try to repeat it, and send it in with instructions on how to reproduce, what happens, ...

Over time you might start looking at the code to see why it breaks, or how to improve the documentation.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recruiting for an open source project

I am posting this gauge the level of interest among the community in forming an open source team to work on an automation harness I am about to make available. I already have a working POC running at my place of work, but it is not secure enough for production environments. However, I am about... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Feedback on "withsome" open source project

I have been developing an open source UNIX project for a few years and am looking for feedback on whether further development of the "withsome" project is of interest to other programmers. One simple example to give an idea of the project is: withsome ./pugs vi Pugs.pm 1)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronaldxs
0 Replies
NEWBIEDOC(1)						      General Commands Manual						      NEWBIEDOC(1)

NAME
newbiedoc - Debian documentation for newbies by newbies. SYNOPSIS
newbiedoc newbiedoc file DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the newbiedoc command. The program newbiedoc is a small script that starts your favorite browser and displays the index page of the NewbieDOC documentation package. Optionally, you can specify the name of a specific file to open in the browser. newbiedoc can also be run directly from the Debian menu in the X Window System: Debian -> Help -> NewbieDOC. NewbieDOC documentation is in the form of HTML files which form a snapshot of the documentation currently being developed by the Debian NewbieDOC project. Visit the wiki at http://newbiedoc.berlios.de for the most recent versions, or if you wish to contribute to the project. The wiki is very easy to use. All Debian users are encouraged to author, edit or add comments to the articles. Each NewbieDOC item is either explicitly licensed by its author, or licensed globally under the GNU Free Documentation License. SEE ALSO
The NewbieDOC wiki is at http://newbiedoc.berlios.de AUTHOR
The upstream source for newbiedoc was written by Chris Lale <chrislale@untrammelled.co.uk>. This manual page was written by Chris Lale <chrislale@untrammelled.co.uk>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 27th September 2009 NEWBIEDOC(1)