Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Open source project
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Open source project Post 302652181 by pludi on Wednesday 6th of June 2012 04:29:26 PM
Old 06-06-2012
A very simple start: pick the open source software you use most often, register with their bug tracking system, and start testing the newest builds. When something breaks, try to repeat it, and send it in with instructions on how to reproduce, what happens, ...

Over time you might start looking at the code to see why it breaks, or how to improve the documentation.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recruiting for an open source project

I am posting this gauge the level of interest among the community in forming an open source team to work on an automation harness I am about to make available. I already have a working POC running at my place of work, but it is not secure enough for production environments. However, I am about... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Feedback on "withsome" open source project

I have been developing an open source UNIX project for a few years and am looking for feedback on whether further development of the "withsome" project is of interest to other programmers. One simple example to give an idea of the project is: withsome ./pugs vi Pugs.pm 1)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronaldxs
0 Replies
FAIL2BAN-SERVER(1)						   User Commands						FAIL2BAN-SERVER(1)

NAME
fail2ban-server - start the server SYNOPSIS
fail2ban-server [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Fail2Ban v0.8.2 reads log file that contains password failure report and bans the corresponding IP addresses using firewall rules. Only use this command for debugging purpose. Start the server with fail2ban-client instead. The default behaviour is to start the server in background. OPTIONS
-b start in background -f start in foreground -s <FILE> socket path -x force execution of the server (remove socket file) -h, --help display this help message -V, --version print the version AUTHOR
Written by Cyril Jaquier <cyril.jaquier@fail2ban.org>. Many contributions by Yaroslav O. Halchenko <debian@onerussian.com>. REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs via Debian bug tracking system http://www.debian.org/Bugs/. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004-2008 Cyril Jaquier Copyright of modifications held by their respective authors. Licensed under the GNU General Public License v2 (GPL). SEE ALSO
fail2ban-client(1) fail2ban-server v0.8.2 March 2008 FAIL2BAN-SERVER(1)