Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Open source project
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Open source project Post 302652113 by methyl on Wednesday 6th of June 2012 02:41:35 PM
Old 06-06-2012
If you have not already found it, why not take a look at the GNU website?
The GNU Operating System
See the link about "Can you contribute ....".

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recruiting for an open source project

I am posting this gauge the level of interest among the community in forming an open source team to work on an automation harness I am about to make available. I already have a working POC running at my place of work, but it is not secure enough for production environments. However, I am about... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Feedback on "withsome" open source project

I have been developing an open source UNIX project for a few years and am looking for feedback on whether further development of the "withsome" project is of interest to other programmers. One simple example to give an idea of the project is: withsome ./pugs vi Pugs.pm 1)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronaldxs
0 Replies
DH-EXEC-INSTALL(1)						      dh-exec							DH-EXEC-INSTALL(1)

NAME
dh-exec-install - Install (and possibly rename) files. SYNOPSIS
#! /usr/bin/dh-exec debian/default.conf => /etc/my-package/start.conf usr/bin/* DESCRIPTION
Being a sub-command of dh-exec(1), this program must not be ran directly, but through dh-exec, which automatically runs all available sub-commands if run bare; or explicitly with dh-exec --with=install. It is meant to be used for dh_install(1) files, and those alone. If it finds that its input is not such a file, it will do nothing, but echo back the contents. The purpose of the program is to extend dh_install(1)'s functionality, by allowing to specify a destination filename. This can be accomplished by a special syntax: the " => " mark between a source and a destination means that the source file should be installed with the specified destination name. For obvious reasons, the source must not be a wildcard, and the destination in this case must be a file, and not a directory. All other non-comment lines are left alone. RESTRICTIONS
Due to the way executable scripts are called from debhelper(1), there is no way to know what options were used for the original dh_install(1). This means, that the --sourcedir option of dh_install(1) will not work correctly when dh-exec-install is in use. IMPLEMENTATION
Internally, the renaming happens by creating a temporary directory under debian/tmp/, and copying (or moving, if the source was under debian/tmp/ to begin with) the file there, with the new name. This is done this way to allow dh_install(1) to do the real copying, and allow its options to continue working, even when renaming is involved. The temporary directory is put under debian/tmp so that it will be cleaned by dh_prep(1) when the clean target gets to run. Thus, no extra code is needed anywhere to clean up the renamed files. ENVIRONMENT
DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR Indicates which directory the command-specific scripts should be sought for. If not specified, scripts will be searched for in /usr/share/dh-exec/. FILES
$DH_EXEC_SCRIPTDIR/dh-exec-install-* The various scripts for the higher-level program. SEE ALSO
debhelper(1), dh-exec(1), dh_install(1) AUTHOR
dh-exec-install is copyright (C) 2011-2012 by Gergely Nagy <algernon@madhouse-project.org>. 2012-05-03 DH-EXEC-INSTALL(1)