Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Open source project
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Open source project Post 302652109 by Corona688 on Wednesday 6th of June 2012 02:35:26 PM
Old 06-06-2012
1) Make the changes.
2) Talk to the people who made the program, to see if they're interested in your changes.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recruiting for an open source project

I am posting this gauge the level of interest among the community in forming an open source team to work on an automation harness I am about to make available. I already have a working POC running at my place of work, but it is not secure enough for production environments. However, I am about... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Feedback on "withsome" open source project

I have been developing an open source UNIX project for a few years and am looking for feedback on whether further development of the "withsome" project is of interest to other programmers. One simple example to give an idea of the project is: withsome ./pugs vi Pugs.pm 1)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronaldxs
0 Replies
io_wait(3)						     Library Functions Manual							io_wait(3)

NAME
io_wait - wait for events SYNTAX
#include <io.h> void io_wait(); DESCRIPTION
io_wait() checks the descriptors that the program is interested in to see whether any of them are ready. If none of them are ready, io_wait() tries to pause until one of them is ready, so that it does not take time away from other programs running on the same computer. io_wait pays attention to timeouts: if a descriptor reaches its timeout, and the program is interested in reading or writing that descrip- tor, io_wait will return promptly. Under some circumstances, io_wait will return even though no interesting descriptors are ready. Do not assume that a descriptor is ready merely because io_wait has returned. io_wait is not interrupted by the delivery of a signal. Programs that expect interruption are unreliable: they will block if the same sig- nal is delivered a moment before io_wait. The correct way to handle signals is with the self-pipe trick. SEE ALSO
io_waituntil(3), io_check(3), io_wantread(3), io_wantwrite(3), io_fd(3) io_wait(3)