Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Open source project
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Open source project Post 302652109 by Corona688 on Wednesday 6th of June 2012 02:35:26 PM
Old 06-06-2012
1) Make the changes.
2) Talk to the people who made the program, to see if they're interested in your changes.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recruiting for an open source project

I am posting this gauge the level of interest among the community in forming an open source team to work on an automation harness I am about to make available. I already have a working POC running at my place of work, but it is not secure enough for production environments. However, I am about... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Feedback on "withsome" open source project

I have been developing an open source UNIX project for a few years and am looking for feedback on whether further development of the "withsome" project is of interest to other programmers. One simple example to give an idea of the project is: withsome ./pugs vi Pugs.pm 1)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronaldxs
0 Replies
XSelectInput(3X11)						     MIT X11R4							XSelectInput(3X11)

Name
       XSelectInput - select input events

Syntax
       XSelectInput(display, w, event_mask)
	  Display *display;
	  Window w;
	  long event_mask;

Arguments
       display	 Specifies the connection to the X server.

event_mask
		 Specifies the event mask.

w	 Specifies the window whose events you are interested in.

Description
       The function requests that the X server report the events associated with the specified event mask.  Initially, X will not report any of
       these events.  Events are reported relative to a window.  If a window is not interested in a device event, it usually propagates to the
       closest ancestor that is interested, unless the do_not_propagate mask prohibits it.

Setting the event-mask attribute of a window overrides any previous call for the same window but not for other clients.	Multiple clients
       can select for the same events on the same window with the following restrictions:

o    Multiple clients can select events on the same window because their event masks are disjoint.  When the X server generates an event,
	    it reports it to all interested clients.

o    Only one client at a time can select or events, which are associated with the event mask

o    Only one client at a time can select a event, which is associated with the event mask

o    Only one client at a time can select a event, which is associated with the event mask

The server reports the event to all interested clients.

can generate a error.

Diagnostics
       A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window.

See Also
       X Window System: The Complete Reference, Second Edition, Robert W. Scheifler and James Gettys

XSelectInput(3X11)