Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sendmail attachment problem on Gmail Post 302652029 by Wahooka on Wednesday 6th of June 2012 12:26:56 PM
Old 06-06-2012
Hi Methyl.

Thanks for your reply.

The $(ATT_FILE) might be something like /tmp/in1201cx12345.pdf.
The $(ATT_FILE) will then simply be in1201cx12345.pdf.

---------- Post updated at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:24 PM ----------

Hi Methyl.

Sorry, I made a mistake with the prvious reply. Here are the correct answers:

Code:
The $(ATT_FILE) might be something like /tmp/in1201cx12345.pdf.
The $(ATT_FILE_NAME) will then simply be in1201cx12345.pdf.

Last edited by methyl; 06-06-2012 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

attachment using sendmail

Hi, I use the sendmail command to send automatic e-mail in my control programs, but I'd like to know if there's a non interactive way to send an attachment, like a small text file through sendmail command. I didn't find a way in the man, so anyone has already done it?.. give an example for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vastare
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Sendmail (& attachment)

Hi, This is my first thread. Iam trying the following: OS: Sun Database: DB2, Informix, Oracle * Get the status of the database (using database command line options) * pipe to a text file * send mail of the text file to receiptents. TODO1: First step i tried to send a test message.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenkanya
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail attachment problem

Hello, i am sending email with following command. The problem is the attachment is displayed as inline text instead of a file attached to email. What should i do? I don't have chance to install new binaries to the server (SunOS) ( \ echo From: Sender ; \ echo Subject: Testing ; \... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yakari
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in sending inline html with an attachment using sendmail

MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary=border --border Content-Type: text/html Content-Disposition: inline <html><body><h2>This text should be displayed with html formatting</h2></body></html> --border Content-Type: text/plain Content-Disposition: attachment This text... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail Script: Gmail cannot find attachments

Hi. I am using a script on HP-UX to send emails that include a Pdf attachment to clients. The scipt makes use of sendmail. The scripts works for everything except gmail. When I go on gmail via my Web Browser, I can see the message with the attachment, but if I try to view or download the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wahooka
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail with attachment not working

dear all I have below function which send an email, but if I need to add an attachement it won't work instead it write some jibberish to body of the email begin 644 SIGN_OFF_AP_20120626.csv M4TE'3E]/1D9?4TA%150L351-7T1!5$4L0D]/2RQ35$%455,L5D%25%E012Q# %3U5.5`H` ` end function... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send attachment through sendmail

Hi, I am trying to send log file of a job run in unix machince through sendmail.Though I am able to send the text but it is not sending as attachment. Could you please look into the code and let me know where I have gone wrong fdate=`date %Y%j`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail with attachment

Hello people, I only have sendmail and uuencode on a Oracle (RH) linux server. While: /usr/bin/uuencode awr.html awr.html | /usr/sbin/sendmail myemail@company.com Is working fine, the ideal for me is to do something like: echo "To: me@company.com" > /home/vasilis/msg.txt echo "Subject: DB... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
3 Replies

9. Web Development

Gmail very slow to receive Sendmail/PHP Mail

Okay, I have searched the forums and couldn't really find a topic on this, so I decided to start one. But I decided to start a ncurses discussion forum recently and one thing I noticed while getting it going is that when mail is sent out via Sendmail or PHP Mail, Gmail is /very/ slow to receive it.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phobos D'thorga
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with attachment in sendmail

Hi Folks I have below code, which is able to successfully send the content of the output file as html which is body, but i did tried uuencode & mailx -a for sending attachments but to no avail. cat - ${Output_File} <<EOF| /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -t #From: ${MAILFROM} To: ${MAILTO} Subject:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
5 Replies
QPDFVIEW(1)						      General Commands Manual						       QPDFVIEW(1)

NAME
qpdfview - tabbed PDF viewer SYNOPSIS
qpdfview [options] [file(s)[#page[#top]]] DESCRIPTION
qpdfview is a simple document viewer for PDF documents. It uses the poppler library for rendering. OPTIONS
--unique If an instance of qpdfview is started with this option, any files that are opened using this option afterwards, are opened as tabs in this same window. If a file is already opened in a tab of the respective window, it is merely reloaded using this option. [file(s)[#page[#top]]] Specifies the files to open when qpdfview starts. If this is not specified, qpdfview will open a blank window. Multiple files can be loaded in separate tabs if the file names are separated by spaces. The optional parameter #page opens the file at the given page. The optional parameter #top can take values between 0 and 1 and opens the page with the given position aligned to the top of the tab. (See examples.) CONFIGURATION FILE
qpdfview uses a configuration file usually located at "~/.config/qpdfview/qpdfview.conf", which allows configuration of the toolbars and thumbnails. The keys "fileToolBar", "editToolBar" and "viewToolBar" are added to the section "mainWindow". Their values are comma-separated lists. The default (available) entries are: fileToolBar: openInNewTab, refresh (open, saveCopy, print) editToolBar: currentPage, numberOfPages, previousPage, nextPage (firstPage, lastPage, jumpToPage, search) viewToolBar: scaleFactor, zoomIn, zoomOut (onePage, twoPages, oneColumn, twoColumns, fitToPage, fitToPageWidth, doNotScale, rotateLeft, rotateRight, fullscreen, presentation) The order of the items in the list defines the order of the items in the toolbar. (See examples.) Setting the keys "thumbnailWidth" and "thumbnailHeight" in the section "documentView" specifies the size of the thumbnails. The icon theme used by Qt can be overridden by setting the key "iconTheme" in the section "mainWindow". EXAMPLES
The command qpdfview foo.pdf#3#0.5 bar.pdf opens foo.pdf in the first tab with the middle of page 3 aligned to the top of the tab and bar.pdf in the second tab at the begin- ning of the document. Subsequent execution of the following commands qpdfview --unique foo.pdf bar.pdf qpdfview --unique foo.pdf#5 opens foo.pdf and bar.pdf, then reloads foo.pdf and displays its page 5. Subsequent execution of the following commands qpdfview --unique foo.pdf qpdfview bar.pdf qpdfview --unique foo1.pdf bar1.pdf opens foo.pdf in the first window, bar.pdf in a second window and then foo1.pdf and bar1.pdf in additional tabs in the first window. Adding the lines fileToolBar=openInNewTab, refresh, saveCopy, print editToolBar=firstPage, previousPage, currentPage, numberOfPages, nextPage, lastPage, search viewToolBar=zoomOut, scaleFactor, zoomIn, oneColumn, twoColumns, rotateLeft, rotateRight in section "mainWindow" of the configuration file leads to the corresponding items being displayed in the given order in the tool- bars. BUGS
If you find a bug, please report it at https://launchpad.net/qpdfview. AUTHOR
Benjamin Eltzner <b.eltzner@gmx.de> March 2012 QPDFVIEW(1)