Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Thread specific data from linux core dump Post 302651459 by vishwasungal on Tuesday 5th of June 2012 02:03:01 PM
Old 06-05-2012
I dont see :
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]

Stack is corrupted, So
thread apply all bt
will provide some junk values.

info threads

will sometimes provide the list of threads.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump?

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aileen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

core dump

Hi All, i am new to this forum.i want detail of reading the core file and trace the problem because of what the program get crashed.please help me.if any body knows any website or tutoril plese let me know. sudhir (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir patnaik
6 Replies

3. AIX

core dump

My application gives core dump. When i am debugging with dbx getting instructions below: pthdb_session.c, 818: 695445 PTHDB_INTERNAL (internal error) pthreaded.c, 1941: PTHDB_INTERNAL (internal error) Illegal instruction (illegal opcode) in . at 0x0 warning: Unable to access address 0x0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bapi
1 Replies

4. Programming

core dump

how to view core dumped file using gdb and how to extract information from the coredumped file.can we get similar information from the other utilites like strace or ptrace. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manabhanjan
2 Replies

5. Programming

Thread prog (core dump)

Could any one please suggest me how to solve this...... when I compiled the program and tried to execute it as follows, it works fine under different inputs like: ./main -r 300 -w 3 -s 100 ./main -r 600 -w 3 -s 1000 ./main -r 10 -w 3 -s 100 But it fails when I tired to give the input as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumars
1 Replies

6. AIX

Core dump

Hi , I want to read core dump file on AIX5.3. While i am trying to use following commands, i am getting only few lines of information. ux201p3:e46123> dbx capsWrkstnMgr core Type 'help' for help. reading symbolic information ... Segmentation fault in malloc_common.extend_brk at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rps
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Core dump in HP-UX

Hi Guys, I was wondering if somebody could give me a link to a very good source of information or document about core dump process and How to's about it. I have also googled it and found some articles myself. Thanks Messi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: messi777
1 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to open the core dump file in linux?

Hi, I have got core dump stating "core.bash.29846" so i am unable to open. How to open the core dump file for further analysis? Reagards Vanitha (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Learn Linux Core Dump Analysis

Can any body provide me some good link to learn to create and analyze linux user mode application / kernel module core dumps? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Core Dump of a process in Red Hat Linux 5.9

Hello All, I am new joiner of this forum.I am new to Linux shell scripting. At present I have identified 1 application which stalls very frequently (PID is say xyz) and I am not having much information in its application log to identify the root cause of stalling. I need to take the core dump... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
19 Replies
ps_pstop(3PROC) 					 Process Control Library Functions					   ps_pstop(3PROC)

NAME
ps_pstop, ps_pcontinue, ps_lstop, ps_lcontinue, ps_lrolltoaddr, ps_kill - process and LWP control in libthread_db SYNOPSIS
#include <proc_service.h> ps_err_e ps_pstop(struct ps_prochandle *ph); ps_err_e ps_pcontinue(struct ps_prochandle *ph); ps_err_e ps_lstop(struct ps_prochandle *ph, lwpid_t lwpid); ps_err_e ps_lcontinue(struct ps_prochandle *ph, lwpid_t lwpid); ps_err_e ps_lrolltoaddr(struct ps_prochandle *ph, lwpid_t lwpid, psaddr_t go_addr, psaddr_t stop_addr); ps_err_e ps_kill(struct ps_prochandle *ph, int signum); DESCRIPTION
The ps_pstop() function stops the target process identified by ph, while the ps_pcontinue() function allows it to resume. The libthread_db() function uses ps_pstop() to freeze the target process while it is under inspection. Within the scope of any single call from outside libthread_db to a libthread_db routine, libthread_db will call ps_pstop(), at most once. If it does, it will call ps_pcon- tinue() within the scope of the same routine. The controlling process may already have stopped the target process when it calls libthread_db. In that case, it is not obligated to resume the target process when libthread_db calls ps_pcontinue(). In other words, ps_pstop() is mandatory, while ps_pcontinue() is advisory. After ps_pstop(), the target process must be stopped; after ps_pcontinue(), the target process may be running. The ps_lstop() and ps_lcontinue() functions stop and resume a single lightweight process (LWP) within the target process ph. The ps_lrolltoaddr() function is used to roll an LWP forward out of a critical section when the process is stopped. It is also used to run the libthread_db agent thread on behalf of libthread. The ps_lrolltoaddr() function is always called with the target process stopped, that is, there has been a preceding call to ps_pstop(). The specified LWP must be continued at the address go_addr, or at its current address if go_addr is NULL. It should then be stopped when its execution reaches stop_addr. This routine does not return until the LWP has stopped at stop_addr. The ps_kill() function directs the signal signum to the target process for which the handle is ph. It has the same semantics as kill(2). RETURN VALUES
PS_OK The call completed successfully. In the case of ps_pstop(), the target process is stopped. PS_BADLID For ps_lstop(), ps_lcontinue() and ps_lrolltoaddr(); there is no LWP with id lwipd in the target process. PS_ERR The function did not return successfully. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
kill(2), libc_db(3LIB), proc_service(3PROC), attributes(5), threads(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Mar 2001 ps_pstop(3PROC)