Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat ROOT fs is full but no files consumed more space Post 302651427 by Corona688 on Tuesday 5th of June 2012 01:08:59 PM
Old 06-05-2012
If you tried deleting files that were in use to free up space, then they still exist and won't truly be deleted until the process holding them open is killed or you reboot the system.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

root file system full

Hi I have a Solaris 2.5.1 system. Recently my file system is full and i couldn't find what flood my root file system. Anyone can suggext any directories i should look out for. I am using Samba and Patrol agent. I am just usng this server as a file server, users cannot login into the system,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: owls
1 Replies

2. Linux

/root filesystem size is full

hi in my server ( / ) root filesystem size is full how to reduce the size and what are the files i want to remove. i need answer for linux and AIX also. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chomca
6 Replies

3. AIX

Where is the space consumed

Hello On AIX 5, In a file system - I see no big files but still df shows no space available. What is tricky here? Filesystem GB blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/fslv10 20.00 6.11 70% 2167 1% /data/d2 I have calculated all files conumption under... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
3 Replies

4. Solaris

root directory is full

root directory in server / is full 100% , i already tried to delete any core file , log , .. still files under /proc directory take more than 4 G.. what you advice please i don't want to format the server and install again and re partition , i tried the FORMAT tools ! but it seems i cant do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: moata_u
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disk Space full

I was tryin to copy a large file under /tmp location. I guess the disk space got full and i got fork error. Then I tried removing some files but the shell did not let me do anything bash> rm apache22.tar bash: fork: Not enough space bash> pwd /tmp bash> vmstat 1 bash: fork: Not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies

6. Solaris

User want to full root permission

hi guys.. how to give root permission for particular user tel me step by step (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
2 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Swap space (almost) full

Hello, This is RHEL 5.7. swap is almost full, but I am not sure, what to release and how to release space. This is production server so I would like to try all possible options before reboot. # top top - 00:18:26 up 327 days, 7:01, 3 users, load average: 0.16, 0.21, 0.18 Tasks: 782 total, ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies

8. Red Hat

Listing files/space used on root partition

For instance, root partition is full so I don't need to know about /ABC/XYZ when /ABC/XYZ is a separate mount point. (But /ABC isnt). Can I run a du command or similar and just look at contents effecting the space on that mount point (/)? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
2 Replies
ROOT(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   ROOT(1)

NAME
root - Interpretor of C++ for the ROOT framework SYNOPSIS
root [options] files ... DESCRIPTION
ROOTs Object-Oriented Technologies. root is a interactive interpretor of C++ code. It uses the ROOT framework. For more information on ROOT, please refer to http://root.cern.ch. An extensive Users Guide is available from that site. OPTIONS
-? Show summary of options. -b Run in batch mode without graphics -n Do not execute logon and logoff macros as specified in .rootrc -q Exit after processing command line macro files -l Do not show splash screen SEE ALSO
rootcint(1), cint(1), root-config(1), rootd(1), h2root(1), g2root(1) For extensive documentation on the ROOT system, see http://root.cern.ch <http://root.cern.ch> A Users Guide is available online. <http://root.cern.ch/root/UsersGuide.html> The classes of ROOT are all documented by the automatic documentation system, and is available online. <http://root.cern.ch/root/html/ClassIndex.html> FILES
<etcdir>/system.rootrc System-wide configuration file. <etcdir> either ROOTSYS, or something like /etc/root <libdir>/* ROOT C++ class libraries. <libdir> is either ROOTSYS/lib or something like /usr/lib/root. <incdir>/* The header files for the ROOT C++ class libraries. <incdir> is either ROOTSYS/include or something like /usr/include/root. ~/.rootrc, ./.rootrc User configuration file ORIGINAL AUTHORS
The ROOT team (see web page above): Rene Brun and Fons Rademakers COPYRIGHT
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as pub- lished by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software Foun- dation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Christian Holm Christensen <cholm@nbi.dk>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). ROOT
Version 3 ROOT(1)