Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX FAULTY DISK replacement HP rx4640 Post 302651391 by vbe on Tuesday 5th of June 2012 12:09:37 PM
Old 06-05-2012
You new disks are not in great shape...
Can you insert them elsewhere and see if you can initialize them (e.g. by creating a new volume group and lvm on them...) just to check they can be used or are really almost dead...
Or try them on another server and see what happens...
Do you have separate controllers in your box? ( I usually ordered boxes with 2 independant SCSI controllers for the internal mirrorirng when possible, some boxes like RP 54000 series and above it was standard...)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Disk replacement with svm

I dont even know what raid level this is, but its raid 5 mirrored from the looks of it. I have a failed disk (t12) within this mirror. What is the best way to replace this disk? 2 things concern me, isn't there a command to prepare the disk for a hot swap? and what should i do with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

2. AIX

Removing Faulty Disk SSA

Hi Experts, I have configured A D40 Array. There is an faulty disk which is not part of an raid volume but shows fault in the diagnostics. pdisk15 U0.1-P1-I1/Q1-W40AA83CC2400D SSA160 Physical Disk Drive ( MB) Is there a way to stop this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vuppala360
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Help with faulty Disk on Sun OS

Hi, Recently i came across a disk that seems to be faulty and need help. I have gathered some information by running below commands and any help on how to solve this will be great. # uname –a SunOS XYZ 5.7 Generic_106541-16 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4 #df -k Filesystem kbytes used... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phanidhar6039
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Remove Faulty disk from HP-UX LVM VG

Requirement to remove a faulty mirrored disk from hp-ux LVM <root@pdwp1s>/etc # vgdisplay -v /dev/vg00 vgdisplay: Warning: couldn't query physical volume "/dev/dsk/c2t0d0": The specified path does not correspond to physical volume attached to this volume group vgdisplay: Warning: couldn't... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
9 Replies

5. HP-UX

Remove faulty disk LV from VG

Hi, Have mirrored the primary disk to 3 . Server and OS: # uname -a HP-UX pdwp1s B.11.11 U 9000/800 118434630 unlimited-user license # model 9000/800/L3000-7x # strings /etc/lvmtab /dev/vg00 +F@< /dev/dsk/c1t2d0 /dev/dsk/c2t2d0 /dev/dsk/c2t0d0 But now I have only 1 disk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
5 Replies

6. Solaris

[solved] How to blink faulty disk in Solaris hardware?

Hi Guys, One of two disks in my solaris machine has failed, the name is disk0, this is SUN physical sparc machine But I work remotely, so people working near that physical server are not that technical, so from OS command prompt can run some command to bink faulty disk at front panel of Server.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
9 Replies

7. AIX

Disk replacement on SharedVG.

Hi, One of my disk is in 'disk missing state'. It is a sharedVG and cluster nodes. The errpt keeps reporting stale partition error. lvs are in open/stale state. In this sceanario is replacing the disk the best practice? When i do a lsdev the disk is labelled as below. hdisk3 Available ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElizabethPJ
2 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message displayed following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies

9. AIX

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrya
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Show faulty shows PS1 faulty

I plugged both power cables in both power supply. When I unplugged each power cable one by one, the SPARC T4-1 machine keep running. However, show faulty command shows below message. (I have also attached the picture of both power supply) -> show faulty Target ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
1 Replies
Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)

NAME
Net::Server::Proto::UNIX - Net::Server UNIX protocol. SYNOPSIS
See Net::Server::Proto. DESCRIPTION
Protocol module for Net::Server. This module implements the UNIX SOCK_STREAM socket type. See Net::Server::Proto. Any sockets created during startup will be chown'ed to the user and group specified in the starup arguments. PARAMETERS
The following paramaters may be specified in addition to normal command line parameters for a Net::Server. See Net::Server for more information on reading arguments. unix_type Can be either SOCK_STREAM or SOCK_DGRAM (default is SOCK_STREAM). This can also be passed on the port line (see Net::Server::Proto). However, this method is deprecated. If you want SOCK_STREAM - just use proto UNIX without any other arguments. If you'd like SOCK_DGRAM, use the new proto UNIXDGRAM. METHODS
NS_unix_path/NS_unix_type In addition to the standard NS_ methods of Net::Server::Proto classes, the UNIX types also have legacy calls to NS_unix_path and NS_unix_type. Since version 2.000, NS_unix_path is simply an alias to NS_port. NS_unix_type is now redundant with NS_proto. These methods were missing between version 2.000 and 2.003 but have been returned as legacy bridges. QUICK PARAMETER LIST
Key Value Default # deprecated UNIX socket parameters unix_type (SOCK_STREAM|SOCK_DGRAM) SOCK_STREAM port "filename" undef # more recent usage port "filename / UNIX" port "filename / UNIXDGRAM" LICENCE
Distributed under the same terms as Net::Server perl v5.18.2 2012-06-06 Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)