Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Prize of being an Admin
The Lounge War Stories Prize of being an Admin Post 302651193 by admin_xor on Tuesday 5th of June 2012 06:41:55 AM
Old 06-05-2012
Good story of "researching" on production systems. So people can do anything at anytime at your place?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

fresh admin

hi everybody i'm just recreuted as UNIX system admin... please tell me from where do i have to begin... best regards (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Tape Admin

Tape: Need tape library help please. Need to configure a remote admin card in the L100. Anything helpful.....thxs (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uwinix77
2 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

note for admin

i left a message for admin in the wrong thread.. it is in the what is on your mind thread since i can't move it or delete it.. i thought I would mention that I meant it to be in this thread.. sorry about the mistake.. thanx for your patience moxxx68 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Windows Admin switching to *nix Admin

I'm currently a Windows admin and have wanted to jump ship to the *nix side for a while now. I've been studying both through an lpic level 1 manual as I have time (focusing on debian), and a solaris 10 cert book. The problem is I only have a handful of hours a week to study, and my current job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
3 Replies

5. War Stories

Prize of being an Admin - Part 2

I was reading this thread of admin_xor Prize of being an Admin and thought will share this experience of mine which is kind of opposite to what he did - I didn't tell anybody what happened :D We were porting one of the subsystem from Solaris to Linux. As part of that we developed many wrapper... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed101
23 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies
YAF_CONFIG_INI(3)							 1							 YAF_CONFIG_INI(3)

The Yaf_Config_Ini class

INTRODUCTION
Yaf_Config_Ini enables developers to store configuration data in a familiar INI format and read them in the application by using nested object property syntax. The INI format is specialized to provide both the ability to have a hierarchy of configuration data keys and inher- itance between configuration data sections. Configuration data hierarchies are supported by separating the keys with the dot or period character ("."). A section may extend or inherit from another section by following the section name with a colon character (":") and the name of the section from which data are to be inherited. Note Yaf_Config_Ini utilizes the >> parse_ini_file() PHP function. Please review this documentation to be aware of its specific behav- iors, which propagate to Yaf_Config_Ini, such as how the special values of " TRUE", " FALSE", "yes", "no", and " NULL" are handled. CLASS SYNOPSIS
Yaf_Config_Ini Yaf_Config_Iniextends Yaf_Config_AbstractIteratorArrayAccessCountable Properties Methods o public Yaf_Config_Ini::__construct (string $config_file, [string $section]) o public void Yaf_Config_Ini::count (void ) o public void Yaf_Config_Ini::current (void ) o public void Yaf_Config_Ini::__get ([string $name]) o public void Yaf_Config_Ini::__isset (string $name) o public void Yaf_Config_Ini::key (void ) o public void Yaf_Config_Ini::next (void ) o public void Yaf_Config_Ini::offsetExists (string $name) o public void Yaf_Config_Ini::offsetGet (string $name) o public void Yaf_Config_Ini::offsetSet (string $name, string $value) o public void Yaf_Config_Ini::offsetUnset (string $name) o public void Yaf_Config_Ini::readonly (void ) o public void Yaf_Config_Ini::rewind (void ) o public void Yaf_Config_Ini::__set (string $name, mixed $value) o public array Yaf_Config_Ini::toArray (void ) o public void Yaf_Config_Ini::valid (void ) Inherited methods o abstractpublic mixed Yaf_Config_Abstract::get (string $name, mixed $value) o abstractpublic bool Yaf_Config_Abstract::readonly (void ) o abstractpublic Yaf_Config_Abstract Yaf_Config_Abstract::set (void ) o abstractpublic array Yaf_Config_Abstract::toArray (void ) PROPERTIES
o $_config - o $_readonly - EXAMPLES
Example #1 Yaf_Config_Ini(3)example This example illustrates a basic use of Yaf_Config_Ini for loading configuration data from an INI file. In this example there are configuration data for both a production system and for a staging system. Because the staging system configuration data are very similar to those for production, the staging section inherits from the production section. In this case, the decision is arbitrary and could have been written conversely, with the production section inheriting from the staging section, though this may not be the case for more complex situations. Suppose, then, that the following configuration data are contained in /path/to/config.ini: ; Production site configuration data [production] webhost = www.example.com database.adapter = pdo_mysql database.params.host = db.example.com database.params.username = dbuser database.params.password = secret database.params.dbname = dbname ; Staging site configuration data inherits from production and ; overrides values as necessary [staging : production] database.params.host = dev.example.com database.params.username = devuser database.params.password = devsecret <?php $config = new Yaf_Config_Ini('/path/to/config.ini', 'staging'); var_dump($config->database->params->host); var_dump($config->database->params->dbname); var_dump($config->get("database.params.username")); ?> The above example will output something similar to: string(15) "dev.example.com" string(6) "dbname" string(7) "devuser PHP Documentation Group YAF_CONFIG_INI(3)