Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Prize of being an Admin
The Lounge War Stories Prize of being an Admin Post 302651193 by admin_xor on Tuesday 5th of June 2012 06:41:55 AM
Old 06-05-2012
Good story of "researching" on production systems. So people can do anything at anytime at your place?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

fresh admin

hi everybody i'm just recreuted as UNIX system admin... please tell me from where do i have to begin... best regards (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Tape Admin

Tape: Need tape library help please. Need to configure a remote admin card in the L100. Anything helpful.....thxs (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uwinix77
2 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

note for admin

i left a message for admin in the wrong thread.. it is in the what is on your mind thread since i can't move it or delete it.. i thought I would mention that I meant it to be in this thread.. sorry about the mistake.. thanx for your patience moxxx68 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Windows Admin switching to *nix Admin

I'm currently a Windows admin and have wanted to jump ship to the *nix side for a while now. I've been studying both through an lpic level 1 manual as I have time (focusing on debian), and a solaris 10 cert book. The problem is I only have a handful of hours a week to study, and my current job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
3 Replies

5. War Stories

Prize of being an Admin - Part 2

I was reading this thread of admin_xor Prize of being an Admin and thought will share this experience of mine which is kind of opposite to what he did - I didn't tell anybody what happened :D We were porting one of the subsystem from Solaris to Linux. As part of that we developed many wrapper... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed101
23 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies
Module::Install::Admin(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Module::Install::Admin(3pm)

NAME
Module::Install::Admin - Author-side manager for Module::Install SYNOPSIS
In a Module::Install extension module: sub extension_method { my $self = shift; $self->admin->some_method(@args); } As an one-liner: % perl "-MModule::Install::Admin" -e'&some_method(@args);' The two snippets above are really shorthands for $some_obj->some_method(@args) where $some_obj is the singleton object of a class under the "Module::Install::Admin::*" namespace that provides the method "some_method". See "METHODS" for a list of built-in methods. DESCRIPTION
This module implements the internal mechanism for initializing, including and managing extensions, and should only be of interest to extension developers; it is never included under a distribution's inc/ directory, nor are any of the Module::Install::Admin::* extensions. For normal usage of Module::Install, please see Module::Install and "COOKBOOK / EXAMPLES" in Module::Install instead. Bootstrapping When someone runs a Makefile.PL that has "use inc::Module::Install", and there is no inc/ in the current directory, Module::Install will load this module bootstrap itself, through the steps below: o First, Module/Install.pm is POD-stripped and copied from @INC to inc/. This should only happen on the author's side, never on the end- user side. o Reload inc/Module/Install.pm if the current file is somewhere else. This ensures that the included version of inc/Module/Install.pm is always preferred over the installed version. o Look at inc/Module/Install/*.pm and load all of them. o Set up a "main::AUTOLOAD" function to delegate missing function calls to "Module::Install::Admin::load" -- again, this should only happen at the author's side. o Provide a "Module::Install::purge_self" function for removing included files under inc/. METHODS
SEE ALSO
Module::Install AUTHORS
Audrey Tang <autrijus@autrijus.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2003, 2004 by Audrey Tang <autrijus@autrijus.org>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.14.2 2012-03-01 Module::Install::Admin(3pm)