Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting php file unable to run shell script with arguments Post 302651105 by upvan111 on Tuesday 5th of June 2012 01:05:47 AM
Old 06-05-2012
Error php file unable to run shell script with arguments

Code:
echo $result=exec("./permit.sh".$_FILES["file"]["name"]);

pls suggest some other method to run shell script in php .SmilieSmilie

Last edited by Franklin52; 06-05-2012 at 03:15 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for data and code samples

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call shell script from php not run ?

Hi. I write a shell script for import data to oracle using sql loader. I set permission 755 or 777 for that script. I can run that script in the consol okay. When I call it from PHP using system command. I got return value 126 this value when don't have permission right ? I check step... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raccsdl
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot run Shell script in PHP

Hello, I have written a code for uploading a file onto the server.The code is as follows: <? if ($_POST == "Upload File") { if( move_uploaded_file ($_FILES ,$target) ) { $tmpsrc = $_FILES ; echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: michrods
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script to Auto Run PHP Script

Hello All! I am looking to build a monitoring script. The script should always run as a system service of some type and should always check that a PHP script is running. Maybe there is a way to assign a PHP script to a certain PID so that the monitor script that check for the PID in top... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elDeuce
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run perl script with multiple file arguments

Hello everyone, I have two types of files in a directory: *.txt *.info I have a perl script that uses these two files as arguments, and produces a result file: perl myScript.pl abc.txt abc.xml How can I run this script (in a "for" loop , looping through both types of files)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

send arguments to a .exe file from a shell script

Folks , can anyone post a sample showing a way to parse a variable containing a string to a .exe file . Thanks Venu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dry run php script from shell

Is it possible to dry run a php script without actually executing it? Say I need to test the output of a php file to see if it matches a pattern. I need to run this on all php files on the server. But I fear if there are php files that make modifications, sends out mail etc, that should not happen.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anilcliff
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading arguments for a shell script from file

I have a shell script that takes 2 arguments. I will have to execute this script multiple times with different values for the arguments. for example, ./shscript env1 value1 ./shscript env1 value2 ./shscript env2 value3 ./shscript env3 value4 ./shscript env1 value5 ./shscript env3... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
24 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a local shell script in a remote machine by passing arguments to the local shell script

I need to run a local shell script on a remote machine. I am able to achieve that by executing the command > ssh -qtt user@host < test.sh However, when I try to pass arguments to test.sh it fails. Any pointers would be appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl

Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file eg eg a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file??? Like #!/usr/bin/bash .... .... case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script file check throws [: too many arguments

While I am trying to check the filename/s in IF statement of a shell script (RedHat Linux 6) I am getting below error: File check: filename_time2=`date --date='yesterday' +%Y-%m-%d` cd /location/of/the/files/to/copy if then cp server.log-$filename_time2* ../archive/new... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dip
5 Replies
Locale::Script(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Locale::Script(3)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-06-03 Locale::Script(3)