Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Clone on virtualBox
Special Forums IP Networking Clone on virtualBox Post 302650505 by jlliagre on Sunday 3rd of June 2012 09:20:19 AM
Old 06-03-2012
The way the IP address is set depends on the Solaris version: cat /etc/release.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

clone harddisk

Hi, i have to make an excect physical copie of a sun unix station harddisk. I have to make all partitions the same on about 60 harddisks, and also they should contain the same data/info. I have hade a look at commands 'DD' and 'UFSDUMP' but both of them are not sufficient enough. Can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirk2
5 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

clone disk

Disk cloning I had an external SCSI master disk that I used to clone to an identical external SCSI disk because the other SCSI disk would become corrupted. My original Master became corrupted so I used one of the other to good disk to copy back to the master. Unfortunately the new master needs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stamperr
1 Replies

3. Solaris

clone solaris

I have a Sun Solaris 9 and I would like to clone the Operating System from a sun4u Sun Fire 480R machine to a Sun Fire 280R machine. The disk is the same size, the 480R has no space disk slot to the 280R disk for mirrioring, i have no external disk, I am not allowed to take the machine down. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

software ID clone

the following command will give me software ID from HP machine with hpux10.2: >uname -a HP-UX bmd350 B.10.20 D 9000/831 2011043966 64-user license The string 2011043966 is the actual software ID which is used as number to license software. Now my machine breaks down and I would like to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: derf001
1 Replies

5. AIX

alt clone

I have two identical systems p740 with 2 lpars in each server. I dont want to install os from scratch on each lpar neither I want to use nim nor mksysb. Will it work perfectly if I install a fresh OS on 1 lpar and do alt disk clone for other lpras. My each lpar is having 2 physical disks. Now if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clone mounts as is

Hello, Iam trying to clone AS IS two mounts like below /class_test/sa /class_dev/fd from one server onto another. I want to use tar and gzip to compress. Please let me know the options I have to use. Also I want to untar it in the destination server, so let me know how to do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Redhat Clone

What is the best method to use to clone a Redhat machine, to ensure all software and config can be easily installed on new hardware? Thank you! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: da2013
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clone redhat to another PC

Hi, I'm a new user of this forum and I'm not an expert of linux. I have a broken old pc with red hat linux, I clone hdd to another pc with different mainboard and it's ok but it has only one problem, the usb ports not work. In the boot this message appears: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aitv
9 Replies

9. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

VirtualBox

I want to change my virtual box disk to immutable. When I try to do that I get the following error. Error changing medium type from Normal to Immutable. Cannot change the type of medium '/root/VirtualBox VMs/fedora13/fedora13.vmdk' because it is attached to 1 virtual machines Please help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ankur Goyal
2 Replies

10. AIX

How to clone an AIX 5.3?

Hello all, I am trying to clone an entire aix 5.3 machine , not sure on the procedure.Can anyone help on what can be done ?Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
9 Replies
IFSCHEME(8)							     Commands							       IFSCHEME(8)

NAME
ifscheme - scheme control for network interfaces SYNOPSIS
ifscheme [-v] [[-s] newscheme] mapping <interface> script ifscheme-mapping DESCRIPTION
ifscheme allows you to change network configuraton schemes or query the current scheme. It integrates with the ifup(8) command and inter- faces(5). For example, you might use this program to configure a "home" scheme and a "work" scheme for a network device on a laptop. When you move between home and work, a simple command can reconfigure your networking. If you run the program with no parameters, it will tell what the current network scheme is. The ifscheme-mapping utility is used to tell the ifup and ifdown utilities about the current scheme. OPTIONS
-v --verbose Run in verbose mode. This is passed in to the ifup and ifdown programs as well. -l --list list all schemes available/defined in /etc/network/interfaces. newscheme -s newscheme --scheme newscheme Change to a new network configuration scheme. When the scheme is changed, network interfaces that were using the old scheme will be taken down and brought back up to use the new configuration scheme. -s or --scheme are mandatory if newscheme begins with a -. CONFIGURATION
To make the program do anything useful when a scheme is selected, you must edit /etc/network/interfaces to add a mapping for the interface (or interfaces) that can be controlled on a per-scheme basis. Suppose you want to control eth0 in this way. You might have an existing eth0 configuraton in there, such as: auto eth0 iface eth0 inet static address 192.168.1.5 netmask 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.1.1 To change this so you can chose between static routing and dhcp, replace it with the following (it helps to ifdown the interface first). auto eth0 mapping eth0 script ifscheme-mapping iface eth0-home inet static address 192.168.1.5 netmask 255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.1.1 iface eth0-work inet dhcp Now if you run "ifscheme home" and ifup the interface, you'll get the eth0-home configuration stanza. If you run "ifscheme work", it will be changed to the eth0-work stanza. You can add additional stanzas as desired, but the label must always be of the form <hardware inter- face>-<scheme name>. If you have a second interface (perhaps a wireless network card on eth1), you can duplicate the above for that interface, changing the eth0 and the configuration details as appropriate, but remember to add an iface stanza for every scheme name for the second interface. FILES
/etc/network/interfaces the interfaces definition file /etc/network/run/scheme the current scheme /etc/network/run/ifstate a record of the current state of the interfaces, managed by ifup and ifdown BUGS
All schemed interfaces will have the same scheme. Any schemed interface which does not have an entry for the current scheme and is not configured when the scheme is changed will not be suc- cessfully configured when it is brought up. SEE ALSO
interfaces(5) ifup(8) ifdown(8) DISTRIBUTION
Redistribution is subject to the GNU public license. AUTHORS
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net>, Peter Wilson <pwilson@cs.hmc.edu> IFSCHEME(8)