Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix script to create a backup on a remote computer Post 302650473 by Benedit on Sunday 3rd of June 2012 05:02:08 AM
Old 06-03-2012
Yes, it is the same.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

transferring files to and from remote computer

Hi all, i first have to ssh into my university account and then through there another ssh into my office computer, from my home computer. I have been trying to transfer files to and from with no such luck. How do i send a file from home to my office computer. Do I have to send it to my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogi1
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying files from remote computer

hi, i want to copy files from a remote computer in a network to a specific directory on my PC. ( script ) Forexample , IP of the remote PC is 172.16.5.24 login:aaaa Passw:123 /folder1/file1.txt to my pc folder /fd/awa.txt kinldy help Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krabu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy file from script file to remote computer

hi, i want copy one or group of file from a computer to others, but i have some problem that do not allow me to do this. i do this by scp command like this : scp <file name> root@cpName:destinationAddress but the problem is that it do not it automatically. it means when it is connecting to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MShirzadi
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access a remote computer using perl

Dear all, Where can i find documentation on how to access a remote computer using a perl script? I search to the internet but i can not find something straightforward to this issue. Which is the easiest way to do that? What i would like to do is to access a remote computer access a directory... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

loggin remote computer as a super user.

hello all, can i loggin remote computer as a super user(i know root user/passwd) and change his access controlle list. if yes please tell me how to do it, i am new to linux. thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zius_oram
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

currenlty logged in user on remote computer

Hello everyone Does anyone know, if there is a command that tells you who is logged in on remote host? I'm ssh-ing as root to the remote host and then run whoami but that doesn't tells me who is logged in that particular computer instead shows my remote login. Is there a way to do that?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goude
2 Replies

7. AIX

backup script failed with error '0403-005 Cannot create the specified file'

In AIX 5.1, a daily run script that backing up oracle data failed yesterday with following errors: The Tivoli backup of DBPROD failed. What could be the issue, OS, backup or Oracle? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalite19
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a simple shell script to backup

Hello - I am in process of deleting many files which are older than 4 weeks. For example I am inside: /subsystem/prod/ Files are with various extentions, but anything older than 4 weeks should be deleted. What would be the most simplest script to acheive this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
4 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Create a simple bash backup script of a file

This is the problem: Write a script that will make a backup of a file giving it a ‘.bak’ extension & verify that it works. I have tried a number of different scripts that haven't worked and I haven't seen anything really concise and to the point via google. For brevity's sake this is one of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: demet8
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Triggering remote UNIX shell script from Remote desktop

I m trying to run a batch script in remote desktop which executes unix commands on the unix server...the problem is i wnt the output in HTML format.so in my batch script i m giving the cmd like ssh hostname path ksh HC_Report.ksh>out.html ...but it generates the HTML file in remote desktop .i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsan
2 Replies
idevicebackup2(1)					      General Commands Manual						 idevicebackup2(1)

NAME
idevicebackup2 - Create or restore backup for iDevices running iOS4+. SYNOPSIS
idevicebackup2 [OPTIONS] CMD [CMDOPTIONS] DIRECTORY DESCRIPTION
Create or restore backup from the current or specified directory. OPTIONS
-u, --uuid UUID target specific device by its 40-digit device UUID. -d, --debug enable communication debugging. -h, --help prints usage information. COMMANDS
backup create backup for the device. restore restore last backup to the device. --system restore system files, too. --reboot reboot the system when done. --copy create a copy of backup folder before restoring. --settings restore device settings from the backup. info show details about last completed backup of device. list list files of last completed backup in CSV format. unback unpack a completed backup in DIRECTORY/_unback_/. AUTHORS
Martin Szulecki Nikias Bassen SEE ALSO
idevicebackup(1) idevicebackup2(1)