Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Server dependencies
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Server dependencies Post 302650467 by greatmaple on Sunday 3rd of June 2012 04:02:15 AM
Old 06-03-2012
Server dependencies

Hi,
How can I discover server dependencies? For example, how do I find out what services depend on email? Is it with nmap?
Thanks!
Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cksum dependencies

Hi, On what factors does the cksum depend. If i build 2 machines exactly the same, then can i get the checksum of 2 compiled files same. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Determinining Software Dependencies

How does one determine what software dependenices are required for a software package? I looked up the command pkginfo in the man pages, but could not find anything to answer this question... Thanks Rob (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RobSand
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Software Dependencies Conflicts

Question: What do you do when you have a software dependency conflict? Case in point, according to Freeware for Solaris, before one can install tcl, tk must be installed first. And then when I go to investigate dependencies for tk, it says that tcl must be installed first!!! Its like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobSand
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

RPM and dependencies OPENSSH

Hello Sorry, I am not to well versed in RHE and I am having some issues. I have doen a cursury look around and could not find an answer. I have 2 RHE4 servers. Both have old versions of OPENSSH along with , server, askpass, askpass-gnome, etc. I cannot upgrade to our new pkg release of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
8 Replies

5. Red Hat

problem with Dependencies package !

Dear Friends , I am using RHEL 5 server . In Linux when I am going to install 'mod_ssl' rpm then I got the following error : # rpm -ivh mod_ssl-2.2.3-6.el5.i386.rpm --aid --force warning: mod_ssl-2.2.3-6.el5.i386.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 37017186 error: Failed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

RPM dependencies fail

Hello, I am trying to install krb5-libs-1.4-4.pp-rh73.i386.rpm on my Red Hat 7.X server, however while installing/upgrading it fails due to dependencies. I checked for these dependencies and i already found them on the server. I wonder why it is giving these errors. I tried copying these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunny_a_j
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Help me | RT Installation and its dependencies

Hello everyone, This is my problem: I'm installing RT (Request Tracker) when I found the firsts difficulties with package that must be configured. I could resolve them :). The real problem are the missing dependencies. The command perl -MCPAN -e"install denpendency" resolved some missing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: journey
0 Replies

8. Linux

Failed dependencies

Hi all, i'm trying to upgrade pandorafms to the new version 4.0.3-130118, actually i have installed on my machine the version 3.0.0-8.1.el5, the error i'm getting when trying to update its the following rpm -Uvh pandorafms_agent_unix-4.0.3-130118.noarch.rpm error: Failed dependencies: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: charli1
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

RPM failed dependencies

I'm trying to package the latest Oracle JDK (1.7.0_51) into an RPM. Packaging works fine but when i try to install via rpm -Uvh xxx.rpm, i get the following: #sudo rpm -ivh Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64.rpm error: Failed dependencies: libavcodec.so.52()(64bit) is needed by Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asc123321
3 Replies

10. AIX

Dependencies errors

Hi guys when I'm trying to install some RPMs file I got this errors # rpm -ivh DSM-IBMAIXServer-7.2-796075.noarch.rpm error: failed dependencies: perl(Digest::MD5) is needed by DSM-IBMAIXServer-7.2-796075 perl(Exporter) is needed by DSM-IBMAIXServer-7.2-796075 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khaled_ly84
1 Replies
XSetPointerMapping(3X11)					  XLIB FUNCTIONS					  XSetPointerMapping(3X11)

NAME
XSetPointerMapping, XGetPointerMapping - manipulate pointer settings SYNTAX
int XSetPointerMapping(display, map, nmap) Display *display; unsigned char map[]; int nmap; int XGetPointerMapping(display, map_return, nmap) Display *display; unsigned char map_return[]; int nmap; ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. map Specifies the mapping list. map_return Returns the mapping list. nmap Specifies the number of items in the mapping list. DESCRIPTION
The XSetPointerMapping function sets the mapping of the pointer. If it succeeds, the X server generates a MappingNotify event, and XSet- PointerMapping returns MappingSuccess. Element map[i] defines the logical button number for the physical button i+1. The length of the list must be the same as XGetPointerMapping would return, or a BadValue error results. A zero element disables a button, and elements are not restricted in value by the number of physical buttons. However, no two elements can have the same nonzero value, or a BadValue error results. If any of the buttons to be altered are logically in the down state, XSetPointerMapping returns MappingBusy, and the mapping is not changed. XSetPointerMapping can generate a BadValue error. The XGetPointerMapping function returns the current mapping of the pointer. Pointer buttons are numbered starting from one. XGetPoint- erMapping returns the number of physical buttons actually on the pointer. The nominal mapping for a pointer is map[i]=i+1. The nmap argu- ment specifies the length of the array where the pointer mapping is returned, and only the first nmap elements are returned in map_return. DIAGNOSTICS
BadValue Some numeric value falls outside the range of values accepted by the request. Unless a specific range is specified for an argu- ment, the full range defined by the argument's type is accepted. Any argument defined as a set of alternatives can generate this error. SEE ALSO
XChangeKeyboardControl(3X11), XChangeKeyboardMapping(3X11) Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 Release 6.6 XSetPointerMapping(3X11)