Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Create files to introduce with ZFS Post 302650399 by herbich1985 on Saturday 2nd of June 2012 06:15:56 PM
Old 06-02-2012
i need to know why it doesnt worked in solaris 10?

---------- Post updated at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:03 PM ----------

what should i do with mkfile?

$mkfile 500m disc1
$mkfile 500m disc2
any scrypt pls?

Thank you

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Let my introduce myself and one doubt!!!!

Hello, My name is John. I am from Spain and I am learning Linux and how to use it. I hope to learn more in this forum. I am developing a new application, and I have a doubt: Can I read a file, line by line, in C programm? Best regards. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: webquinty
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How can I create a new swap location in ZFS?

I am running OpenSolaris v5.11 During installation, the installation created default ZFS filesystems, like the dump and swap locations. I want to change the blocksize of the /dump and /swap locations and make them ZFS volumes. The ZFS system is on a zpool called rpool I was able to do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sqa777
4 Replies

3. BSD

Unable to create zfs zpool in FreeBSD 8.2: no such pool or dataset

I am trying to test simple zfs functionality on a FreeBSD 8.2 VM. When I try to run a 'zpool create' I receive the following error: # zpool create zfspool /dev/da0s1a cannot create 'zfspool': no such pool or dataset # zpool create zfspool /dev/da0 cannot create 'zfspool': no such pool or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to introduce a character using sed?

I need to reformat a text using sed command like Text: 160845 Output: 16:08:45 Please help me how this can be done using sed. Thanks in adv (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siteregsam
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to introduce the missing number sequentially?

Dear Help, I have an input file which looks like below 002 1000 2000 3000 003 2000 3000 4000 005 1000 2000 6000 I would like to have an output which inserts the missing number in sequential sorting as shown below... 001 0 0 0 002 1000 2000 3000 003 2000 3000 4000 004 0 0 0 005 1000... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
5 Replies

6. Solaris

ZFS flash install "Unable to create Filesystem error"

Hi, I am trying to get an HPz420 workstation instaled (zfs root pool) via a jump-start server. I have a zfs image (from this workstation) the Solaris release is 10 1/13 update 11. I use a sparc U25 install server, upgraded to the same solaris build 10 1/13. This server is configured to install... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc0rpie
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Trying to create ZFS slice on rpool

I have a 240GB disk as rpool. I have installed Solaris 11.3 to a partition which is 110GB. Now I have another 130GB which is unallocated. I want to use that additional space as a temporary folder to be shared between Solaris and Linux. The additional space had no /dev/dsk/c2t4... entry so I used... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kebabbert
8 Replies
ZFSBOOT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						ZFSBOOT(8)

NAME
zfsboot -- bootcode for ZFS on BIOS-based computers DESCRIPTION
zfsboot is used on BIOS-based computers to boot from a filesystem in a ZFS pool. zfsboot is installed in two parts on a disk or a partition used by a ZFS pool. The first part, a single-sector starter boot block, is installed at the beginning of the disk or partition. The second part, a main boot block, is installed at a special offset within the disk or partition. Both areas are reserved by the ZFS on-disk specifi- cation for boot use. If zfsboot is installed in a partition, then that partition should be made bootable using appropriate configuration and boot blocks described in boot(8). BOOTING
The zfsboot boot process is very similar to that of gptzfsboot(8). One significant difference is that zfsboot does not currently support the GPT partitioning scheme. Thus only whole disks and MBR partitions, traditionally referred to as slices, are probed for ZFS disk labels. See the BUGS section in gptzfsboot(8) for some limitations of the MBR scheme support. USAGE
zfsboot supports all the same prompt and configuration file arguments as gptzfsboot(8). FILES
/boot/zfsboot boot code binary /boot.config parameters for the boot block (optional) /boot/config alternative parameters for the boot block (optional) EXAMPLES
zfsboot is typically installed using dd(1). To install zfsboot on the ada0 drive: dd if=/boot/zfsboot of=/dev/ada0 count=1 dd if=/boot/zfsboot of=/dev/ada0 iseek=1 oseek=1024 If the drive is currently in use, the GEOM safety will prevent writes and must be disabled before running the above commands: sysctl kern.geom.debugflags=0x10 zfsboot can also be installed in an MBR slice: gpart create -s mbr ada0 gpart add -t freebsd ada0 gpart create -s BSD ada0s1 gpart bootcode -b /boot/boot0 ada0 gpart set -a active -i 1 ada0 dd if=/boot/zfsboot of=/dev/ada0s1 count=1 dd if=/boot/zfsboot of=/dev/ada0s1 iseek=1 oseek=1024 Note that commands to create and populate a pool are not shown in the example above. SEE ALSO
dd(1), boot.config(5), boot(8), gptzfsboot(8), loader(8), zfsloader(8), zpool(8) HISTORY
zfsboot appeared in FreeBSD 7.3. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
Installing zfsboot with dd(1) is a hack. ZFS needs a command to properly install zfsboot onto a ZFS-controlled disk or partition. BSD
September 15, 2014 BSD