Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk alias passing a value to a variable Post 302650307 by ygemici on Saturday 2nd of June 2012 09:14:15 AM
Old 06-02-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokedude
Nothing. These errors are the problem.

[CODE]bash: alias: END{print: not found
bash: alias: s}); xrandr --output $VAR --mode 1024x768 --rate 60; xrandr --output LVDS1 --left-of $VAR;.......
if your full command executes succesfully then try to use the double quotes instead of single quotes..
Code:
# alias xx2=" VAR=$(xrandr | awk '$2=="connected"{s=$1} END{print s}'); xrandr ................xrandr --output LVDS1 --primary; unset VAR; " 

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing a variable into an awk script

Hello all, I'm trying to run a script of this format - for i in $(cat <file>); do grep $i <file1>|awk '{print $i, $1, $2}' It's not working - does anyone know how this can be done? Khoom (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khoomfire
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing a Shell Variable to awk

Hello, I have a file with 4 columns. An arbitrary example is shown below: a Tp 10 xyz b Tq 8 abc c Tp 99 pqr d Tp 44 rst e Tr 98 efg Based on the values in col 2 and col 3, I will execute another program. I have been running this:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable to awk

Hi, I'm new with this stuff, but I hope you can help me. This is what I'm trying to do: for id in $var; do awk '{if ($1 == $id) print $2}' merg_data.dat > neigh.tmp done I need that for every "id", awk search the first column of the file merg_data.dat which contains "id" and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: matteo86
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing variable to Alias in Hp kshell

Hi all, I have a series of directories which i open regularly. I want create an alias so that i can pass the direcotry name to alias and then this commands makes Cd to the path i need. COuld you please help on how to create an alias ex of what i am trying but couldn't succeeded #alias... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: firestar
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing multiple variable to awk

Hi , can I pass more then one variable to awk using -v option? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variable argument to a script which is being called inside awk

consider the script below sh /opt/hqe/hqapi1-client-5.0.0/bin/hqapi.sh alert list --host=localhost --port=7443 --user=hqadmin --password=hqadmin --secure=true >/tmp/alerts.xml awk -F'' '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){ if($i=="Alert id") { if(id!="") if(dt!=""){ cmd="sh someScript.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing external variable to awk

Hi, I am trying to write a bash script in which I need to pass a external variable to the awk program. I tired using -v but it not accepting the value. Here is my sample code. #!/usr/bin/bash ###################################################################################### ####... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpkumar10
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk programming -Passing variable to awk for loop

Hi All, I am new to AWK programming. I have the following for loop in my awk program. cat printhtml.awk: BEGIN -------- <some code here> END{ ----------<some code here> for(N=0; N<H; N++) { for(M=5; M<D; M++) print "\t" D ""; } ----- } ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctrld
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing Shell Variable to awk

Hello All, May i please why my shell variable is not getting passed into awk script. #!/bin/bash -vx i="1EB07C50" /bin/awk -v ID="$i" '/ID/ {match($0,/ID/);print substr($0,RSTART,RLENGTH)}' /var/log/ScriptLogs/keys.13556.txt Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with passing variable

I have file called in in.txt contains with the below lines I want to display the lines between the value which I would be passing. one two three four five ten six seven eight Expected output if I have passed one and ten two three four five (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mychbears
8 Replies
xgamma(1)						      General Commands Manual							 xgamma(1)

NAME
xgamma - Alter a monitor's gamma correction through the X server SYNOPSIS
xgamma [-display display] [-screen screen] [-quiet] [-gamma f.f | [[-rgamma f.f] [-ggamma f.f] [-bgamma f.f]]] DESCRIPTION
xgamma allows X users to query and alter the gamma correction of a monitor via the X video mode extension (XFree86-VidModeExtension). Note that the xgamma utility is obsolete and deficient, xrandr should be used with drivers that support the XRandr extension. If no value for the gamma correction is given via the -gamma or -rgamma/-ggamma/-bgamma options, xgamma prints the current gamma correction of the display. OPTIONS
-display display This argument allows you to specify the server to connect to; see X(7). -screen screen When multiple displays are configured as a single logical display, this option allows you to select the screen you wish to change. -quiet Silence the normal output of xgamma -help Print out the `Usage:' command syntax summary. -gamma f.f The gamma correction can either be defined as a single value, or separately for the red, green and blue components. This argument specifies the gamma correction as a single value. -rgamma f.f This argument specifies the red component of the gamma correction. -ggamma f.f This argument specifies the green component of the gamma correction. -bgamma f.f This argument specifies the blue component of the gamma correction. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY To get default host and display number. BUGS
This client changes the internal values of the gamma correction for the Xserver. Whether or not these values are respected depends on the video drivers. The gamma values are passed to the Xserver with 3 decimal places of accuracy. SEE ALSO
xvidtune(1), xrandr(1) AUTHORS
Kaleb S. Keithley, X Consortium. David Dawes, David Bateman X Version 11 xgamma 1.0.5 xgamma(1)