Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LVM helper
Operating Systems HP-UX LVM helper Post 302650137 by vbe on Friday 1st of June 2012 03:18:22 PM
Old 06-01-2012
I hope I have not discouraged you with my post...

Good luck!
And yes if the script were correctly documented, I could have looked a bit but now Im stressed by stranges issues and urgent jobs to do and check before monday...

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Lvm

Hi, can we create logical volume from 2 different volume groups. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gopalredhat
1 Replies

2. AIX

lvm

Hi. can anyone define about VGDA,VGSA,and quorum in aix.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumathi.k
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

How to reduce LVM to create another LVM

Hi, I'm new to HP-UX. I have LVM on /var with 92Gig. I would like to reduce it to create another LVM for Oracle client with 800 meg or so. How to do it. I'm running 11.iv3 Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert non LVM root partition to LVM?

Hi Guys, I m using redhat 6, I have installed root partition as non-LVM . Is there any way i can convert it to LVM? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies
CHECKSECURITY(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  CHECKSECURITY(8)

NAME
checksecurity - Run a collection of simple system checks SYNOPSIS
checksecurity DESCRIPTION
The checksecurity command runs a small collection of simple system checks which are designed to catch a few common security issues. check- security is run by cron in a daily basis. CONFIGURATION
The checksecurity.conf file defines several configuration variables: MAILTO, CHECK_DISKFREE, CHECK_PASSWD and CHECK_SETUID LOGDIR. Each is described below. The checksecurity program works with a collection of plugins which are located in /usr/share/checksecurity and are configured individually by their own configuration file. CHECK_PASSWD If this is set to TRUE then the check-passwd script will be invoked. This script is designed to report upon system accounts which have no passwords. CHECK_DISKFREE If this is set to TRUE then the check-diskfree script will be invoked and will allow an alert to be sent if there is any mounted partition is running short on disk space. CHECK_SETUID If this is set to TRUE then the check-setuid script will be invoked, this will compare the setuid binaries upon the system to those that existed previously and show the differences. FILES
/etc/checksecurity.conf checksecurity configuration file SEE-ALSO See also check-diskfree(8), check-setuid(8), and check-passwd(8) Debian Linux 2 February 1997 CHECKSECURITY(8)