Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find PID for a port
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find PID for a port Post 302649949 by mohtashims on Friday 1st of June 2012 09:12:57 AM
Old 06-01-2012
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasant
Code:
lsof -i:portnum

Should return pids.

Install lsof from :
Porting And Archive Centre For HP-UX

Regards
Peasant.
There is only one process using this port however, the lsof shows multiple PIDs.

How can I know that very PID ?

Code:
COMMAND   PID USER   FD   TYPE             DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
httpd   21024  bea    6u  IPv6 0xe0000006a28fd100      0t0  TCP *:8082 (LISTEN)
httpd   21027  bea    6u  IPv6 0xe0000006a28fd100      0t0  TCP *:8082 (LISTEN)
httpd   21028  bea    6u  IPv6 0xe0000006a28fd100      0t0  TCP *:8082 (LISTEN)
httpd   21029  bea    6u  IPv6 0xe0000006a28fd100      0t0  TCP *:8082 (LISTEN)

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

To find pid from port number

Hi, I am working on HP-UX Release 11i. I want to find the process id (PID) of the process running on a particular port. lsof command fuser does not work on this system. Please suggest some alternative. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmat
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find only PID value

When I run ps -aef | grep aaa.exe it gives out put user 5091 5518 0 10:13:25 pts/1 0:00 grep aaa.exe user 4647 2479 0 09:26:31 ? 0:25 /kk/zzz/user/xxx/bin/aaa.exe user1 1111 2222 0 08:26:31 ? 0:25 /kk/zzz/user1/xxx/bin/aaa.exe I need Only PID value ie... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pid from port number in AIX

Hello guys, How to shut down a port number in AIX. May be first I need to find out what is the process ID of that process that listens to this particular port.. Is there any command to find a process ID from the port number other than "lsof". thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaix14
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get opened port with given PID?

i want to get tomcat listening port , from a command. ps -ef | grep catalina | grep -v "grep catalina" | grep -v "catalina.out" | awk '{print $2}' | head -1 output : ----- 1234 Now with this 1234 i need to know , in which port my tomcat is running... i tried , netstat -ao | grep... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
14 Replies

5. HP-UX

Find port for Pid

Hi, Is this the most appropriate way of finding the listen port number given the pid is "16659" ? lsof -Pan -i tcp -i udp | grep 16659 | grep -i "listen"If so, how can I extract "7001" and assign it to a variable say myport=7001 from the below output which happens to be actual port number? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find PID using a Port?

Hi, I do not have root user credentials nor do I have the functional id of the process that uses port 80. How can I find the pid of the process using the port number 80 ? Operating System: Linux (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies

7. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script, find the next closed (not in use) port from some port range.

hi, i would like to create a bash script that check which port in my Linux server are closed (not in use) from a specific range, port range (3000-3010). the print output need to be only 1 port, and it will be nice if the output will be saved as a variable or in same file. my code is: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yossi
2 Replies
FAITH(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  FAITH(4)

NAME
faith -- IPv6-to-IPv4 TCP relay capturing interface SYNOPSIS
device faith DESCRIPTION
The faith interface captures IPv6 TCP traffic, for implementing userland IPv6-to-IPv4 TCP relay like faithd(8). Each faith interface is created at runtime using interface cloning. This is most easily done with the ifconfig(8) create command or using the cloned_interfaces variable in rc.conf(5). Special action will be taken when IPv6 TCP traffic is seen on a router, and the routing table suggests to route it to the faith interface. In this case, the packet will be accepted by the router, regardless of the list of IPv6 interface addresses assigned to the router. The packet will be captured by an IPv6 TCP socket, if it has the IN6P_FAITH flag turned on and matching address/port pairs. As a result, faith will let you capture IPv6 TCP traffic to some specific destination addresses. Userland programs, such as faithd(8) can use this behavior to relay IPv6 TCP traffic to IPv4 TCP traffic. The program can accept some specific IPv6 TCP traffic, perform getsockname(2) to get the IPv6 destination address specified by the client, and perform application-specific address mapping to relay IPv6 TCP to IPv4 TCP. The IN6P_FAITH flag on a IPv6 TCP socket can be set by using setsockopt(2), with level IPPROTO_IPV6 and optname IPv6_FAITH. To handle error reports by ICMPv6, some ICMPv6 packets routed to an faith interface will be delivered to IPv6 TCP, as well. To understand how faith can be used, take a look at the source code of faithd(8). As the faith interface implements potentially dangerous operations, great care must be taken when configuring it. To avoid possible misuse, the sysctl(8) variable net.inet6.ip6.keepfaith must be set to 1 prior to using the interface. When net.inet6.ip6.keepfaith is 0, no packets will be captured by the faith interface. The faith interface is intended to be used on routers, not on hosts. SEE ALSO
inet(4), inet6(4), faithd(8) Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino and Kazu Yamamoto, An IPv6-to-IPv4 transport relay translator, RFC3142. HISTORY
The FAITH IPv6-to-IPv4 TCP relay translator first appeared in the WIDE hydrangea IPv6 stack. BSD
April 10, 1999 BSD