Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Linux Operating system concepts Post 302649775 by Scrutinizer on Friday 1st of June 2012 04:49:13 AM
Old 06-01-2012
Weakness in the English language is not an excuse to use cyberpunk or abbreviated chat style, which makes it hard to read. Please correct your post..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Bangkok Post Article: The story behind the Linux operating system

http://www.bangkokpost.com/020403_Database/02Apr2003_datacol59.html (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. AIX

Confused with File System Concepts

Hello, I've been reading the AIX 5.1 System Concepts PDF but I'm still confused about some file-system concepts and their relationships. What is the 'allocation group size'? How are 'disk allocation unit'/'fragment size', NBPI and 'allocation group size'? And how are the above three... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quickfirststep
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Operating system LINUX

Write a C program that accepts 3 parameters. Each parameter indicates the quantity of product to be produced. Each product will be produced in different production line. Ready products will be placed in a buffer area located at the end of each production line. Packaging workers will pack the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paradise
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Operating system LINUX

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a C program that accepts 3 parameters. Each parameter indicates the quantity of product to be produced.... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Operating system LINUX

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a C program that accepts 3 parameters. Each parameter indicates the quantity of product to be produced.... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux is kernel and solaris is operating system

Hi I was reading some weblog on the internet and someone made an interesting statement. <quote> Linux is kernel and solaris is operating system </quote> Honestly I don't understand the difference between term kernel and operating system in above quote. Could you explain me more ? thx... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
4 Replies

7. Ubuntu

establishing connection with e-kermit running on LINUX from my operating system

we designed a primitive operating system for learning basics fundamentals and we created process switching, interrupt/polled IO for device drivers like UART and printers. We accomplish this by using our own tools called SPEDE (for downloading compiled elf image from host ubuntu system that have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bicepjai
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How much take space Linux operating system?

Hi Guys, I have a PC (laptop), where ram is 1 GB, hard disk is 400 GB, Now in my PC has window7 & oracle 10g, suppose if we now installed linux then will my system work or we should remove window7 now, please let me know that which linux version is take less space in PC. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaditya321
3 Replies

9. Linux

Customized Linux Operating System with Security Authentication

Dear Gurus/Experts of UNIX/LINUX, Im Isravel from India, I've customized CentOS Installation ISO as per my new product requirements. I want to give serial key authentication to the clients who all are trying to install ISO file. Can anyone guide me how to create serial key authentication... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isravelraja
1 Replies
DEBCONF-GETLANG(1)						      Debconf							DEBCONF-GETLANG(1)

NAME
debconf-getlang - extract a language from a templates file SYNOPSIS
debconf-getlang lang master [translation] debconf-getlang --stats master translation [...] DESCRIPTION
Note: This utility is deprecated; you should switch to using the po-debconf package. This program helps make and manage translations of debconf templates. There are basically three situations in which this program might be called: A translation is just being started. You want to provide the translator with a file they can work on that has the English fields from your templates file, plus blank Field- ll fields for the target language that they can fill in. To do this, run the program with first parameter being the code for the language that is being translated to, and the second parameter being the filename of the English templates file. A translation is well under way. You have changed some English text, or added more items to your templates file, and you want to send the translators a file with the English text plus their current translations (or you are the translator, and you want to generate such a file for your own use). To accomplish this, run the program with the first parameter being the the code for the language that is being translated to, the second parameter being the filename of the master English templates file, and the third parameter being the filename of the current translated file. When run this way, the program is smart enough to notice fuzzy translations. For example a fuzzy Description will be output as Description-<lang>-fuzzy, and a new, blank Description-<lang> will be added. Translators should remove the -fuzzy fields as they correct the fuzzy translations. Checking the status of a translation To check the status of a translation, use the --status flag, and pass the english template file as the first parameter, and all the other translated templates after that. It will output statistics for each of them. For example: debconf-getlang --stats debian/templates debian/templates.* NOTE
Note that the text in the generated templates may be word-wrapped by debconf. SEE ALSO
debconf-mergetemplate(1) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2012-09-10 DEBCONF-GETLANG(1)