Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to handle CTRL+Z or CTRL+C in shells script? Post 302649765 by ygemici on Friday 1st of June 2012 04:40:01 AM
Old 06-01-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckchelladurai
Hi,

I dont want to add trap "" 2 20. Because at some point of time, i have to use ctrl+z or ctrl+c, so i need to clear the files after breaking the script.

Thanks in advance.
Chelladurai.
try add to these to beginning of the your script and then use the "CTRL-L" for remove files and exit from script
Code:
stty quit "^L"
trap "rm -f /yourfolder/* && kill -2 $$ " 3

regards
ygemici

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script ctrl+c

How do you make a script so the user can not press ctrl+c and break out of the script? Thanks, :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtounix
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to secure my script from Ctrl-C

Hi all I am looking for a way to ensure that once a user is logged in and running a script, he cannot break out of it. Thanks J (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
12 Replies

3. AIX

Disable ctrl-c,ctrl-d,ctrl-d in ksh script

I wrote a ksh script for Helpdesk. I need to know how to disable ctrl-c,ctrl-z,ctrl-d..... so that helpdesk would not be able to get to system prompt :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtofu
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Catching ctrl-C or ctrl-D

Hi there, I'm using HP-UX 11 machine. I am running a script, thats gonna take a long time to execute. When I press ctrl-c to come out of my script, I have to catch that signal(ctrl-c) and display that ctrl-c had been pressed. How can I do it. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani123
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

terminating script with CTRL+D

Hi, I'm trying to make a script that reads the console input and terminates with CTRL+D. It's absolutely basic but I don't know how to "read" the CTRL+D. I've tried a bunch of things like EOT=^D while //with & without quotations do read input echo $input done while while ] ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanchopansa
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ctrl-C or Ctrl-Z causing exit the session

H! I have written script where it need to invoke the perl script in background, then write the pid in temp file then bring back the job to foreground. whenever the Ctrl-C or Ctrl-Z is pressed in the script has to exit and prompt should be dispalyed. but this script causing exit from shell session... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jramesh1
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ctrl-c in script

how to send ctrl-c signal in scripts ??? i am executing top command in .exp script top command gives cpu running activities on your machine eg # top top - 18:41:01 up 8:38, 5 users, load average: 0.03, 0.16, 0.16 Tasks: 172 total, 1 running, 170 sleeping, 0 stopped, 1 zombie... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexzander18
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ctrl-c in shell script

The below script has Perl script in it where it gives the usage details. filer.sh echo echo -en "Enter filer : " read filer echo "test.pl -f $filer -F L" Output ========= The following hosts are online and available: Name Total Allocated Used ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshkumar522
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ctrl-V + Ctrl-J for newline character does not work inside vi editor

Hi friends, I am trying to add a newline char ('\n') between the query and the commit statement in the following shell script. #! /bin/sh echo "select * from tab; commit;" > data.sql I have tried typing in "Ctrl-V + Ctrl-J" combination which has inserted ^@ (NUL) character but the commit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automation of keyboard inputs..like Ctrl+d and Ctrl+a

Hi..! I'm stuck with my automation of starting a process and keeping it running even after the current ssh session has exited.. So i'm trying to use command 'screen'. which is doing exactly what i wanted, But the problem is automation of the same. i will have to press Ctrl+a and Ctrl+d for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandana hs
2 Replies