Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep log lines logged in 10 min Post 302649545 by Daniel Gate on Thursday 31st of May 2012 03:40:19 PM
Old 05-31-2012
grep log lines logged in 10 min

A log files has lines (1 line per each log for a majority; a few for 2 lines per each log)
PHP Code:
May 31 14:00:11 rtprodapp1 local2:notice sudo:    jdoe TTY=pts/PWD=/home/jdoe USER=root COMMAND=/usr/bin/su -
May 31 14:03:19 rtprodapp1 local2:notice sudo:    jdoe TTY=pts/PWD=/home/jdoe USER=root COMMAND=/usr/bin/su 
How do you grep the lines logged in 10 min?

Please advise.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best approach for a 10 min extract out of several log files with timestamped records

I have a task where I need to code a shell script to extract a 10 min range (10 min from now until now) extract of a log file. I taught I could simply use a command that would say something like Start=date - 10 min but I didn't find anything. Looks like the only solution would have to code a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me! grep the log file without blank lines in column

Hi, I have log file like this: i want grep the log file without blank lines in column 4. So the file is become like this : What is the command? please help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justbow
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep for last 15 min of log

I need help trying to grep for a error in log file for only last 15 min. example under /var/adm/messages i need to grep for "error 102" but only if it occured in last 15 mins? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shehzad_m
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find top 4 users currently logged on can i use grep

For the first 4 users only that are currently logged in output their effective user id. It's not important the order in which each logged in i just want to have the top 4. Same question as here...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: whyatepies
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script use min resource ( grep grep)

Hi i wrote script use it as watchdog ( i mean it check another program (pooya) whenever that was killed (closed or crashed) it run another script (pooya_start.sh) to start it, this script work fine and do the job for me , i need help of an expert to tell me (exact command) how to change this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK script - extracting min and max values from selected lines

Hi guys! I'm new to scripting and I need to write a script in awk. Here is example of file on which I'm working ATOM 4688 HG1 PRO A 322 18.080 59.680 137.020 1.00 0.00 ATOM 4689 HG2 PRO A 322 18.850 61.220 137.010 1.00 0.00 ATOM 4690 CD ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: grincz
18 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep all lines for a specific date in log-files

I need to grep all lines for "yesterday" in /var/log/messages. Dates are in the format "YYYY-MM-DD". (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Padmanabhan
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines with min value, using two field separators.

I have a file with two ID columns followed by five columns of counts in fraction form. I'd like to print lines that have a count of at least 4 (so at least 4 in the numerator, e.g. 4/17) in at least one of the five columns. Input file: comp51820_c1_seq1 693 0/29 0/50 0/69 0/36 0/31... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find min and max time taken from a log file

You have a log file as attached in sample input with various operations and time taken by each of them. Write a script to find the min and max time taken for each operation. Sample output is attached. Sample Input is given as below: operation1,83621 operation2,72321 operation3,13288... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chandan_Bose
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract lines if string found from last 30 min only

Hi guys, Appreciate your help as I am stuck with searching the logs for last 30 minutes from the current time. Current time is time when you execute the script and it will search for <string> through the logs for last 30 minutes only and if <string> found then print those lines only. The... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockstar
18 Replies
RCS2LOG(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						RCS2LOG(1)

NAME
rcs2log -- RCS to ChangeLog generator SYNOPSIS
rcs2log [-c changelog] [-h hostname] [-i indent] [-l length] [-R] [-r option] [-t tabwidth] [-u login<TAB>fullname<TAB>mailaddr] [-v] [--help] [--version] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
The rcs2log utility generates a change log prefix from RCS files (perhaps in the CVS repository) and the ChangeLog (if any). The options are as follows: -c changelog Output a change log prefix to changelog (default ChangeLog). -h hostname Use hostname in change log entries (default current host). -i indent Indent change log lines by indent spaces (default 8). -l length Try to limit log lines to length characters (default 79). -R If no file(s) are given and RCS is used, recurse through working directory. -r option Pass option to subsidiary log command. -t tabwidth Tab stops are every tabwidth characters (default 8). -u login<TAB>fullname<TAB>mailaddr Assume login has fullname and mailaddr. -v Append RCS revision to file names in log lines. --help Output help. --version Output version number. SEE ALSO
rcs(1), rcsintro(1), rlog(1), rcsfile(5) AUTHORS
Paul Eggert <eggert@twinsun.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>. BSD
February 15, 2003 BSD