Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Profile environment variables lost after mksysb restore Post 302649455 by funksen on Thursday 31st of May 2012 11:06:35 AM
Old 05-31-2012
does your user environment depend on external filesystems you don't have on the new system?
thinking of sap systems for example, getting the sidadm environment from /home/sidadm, part of another vg usually

the rootvg is the only vg being restored with mksysb

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

mksysb restore errors

goodafternoon people. here are a couple of error messages I get during restore of mksysb from a AIX F80 to a F50. I have verified blocksize and have set them to 1024 which matches both the systems. backup system is F80 and restore system is F50. Both are 4.3.3 ML10 level Upon executing via... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Student37
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Profile and environment variable

Hi, I'm using solaris 8 and I need to know where I can add the following variable to have it applied to all my user Ids. I tried to add this to /etc/profile but not working when i check with "env" command : export PW_MATRIX=/usr/local/ccms/security/dat/.PASSWORD_MATRIX export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
2 Replies

3. AIX

mksysb restore ( vgs on SAN disks)

I have my application vendor looking at this but I want to do my own investigation. I restored from mksysb and I see my vgs that contain my internal disks. But I do not see my vgs that contain disks from the SAN. This scares me .. {{ Ha, ha!! My AIX expert boss just told me I have nothing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Skyybugg
0 Replies

4. AIX

NIM client mksysb restore

Can a NIM client mksysb restore be performed via NIM (smitty nim) without the NIM client machine having the NIM server's IP and hostname in its /etc/hosts file? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kah00na
10 Replies

5. AIX

mksysb restore - Wrong OS level for restore

Hi all, I am still working on my mksysb restore. My latest issue is during an alt_disk_install from tape I got the following error after all the data had been restored. 0505-143 alt_disk_install: Unable to match mksysb level 5.2.0 with any available boot images. Please correct this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pobman
0 Replies

6. AIX

How to restore from mksysb backup

system is not booting ... i want to restore from mksysb backup. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXlearner
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Environment variables getting lost

Guys, I am calling script BIADMDEV_oaaptest01.env from script oraenv. In script BIADMDEV_oaaptest01.env, I have bunch of environment variables. For example, I have MW_HOME=/ord/appserv/oracle/MW; export MW_HOME and similar stuff. I run script oraenv at the shell at command prompt. For example... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sshah1001
3 Replies

8. AIX

Restore mksysb image on cloned LPAR

Hi Folks, How to restore mksysb image on LPAR which is already having cloned AIX OS installed on hdisk0 (nothing configured, only full partition image is sitting on hdisk0) Let me know. Thank a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
1 Replies

9. AIX

AIX 7.2 MKSYSB Backup and Restore Best Practices?

Hello, Running AIX 7.2 on Power9 bare-metal (no LPAR and no NIM server), in the process of creating a guide on MKSYSB process. I understand that MKSYSB is a backup of the rootvg and we can exclude stuff via exclude.rootvg file, the rest of the data volumes are mapped to the system as LUNs via... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mksysb restore problem

Hello everybody, I have a little problem with my mksysb restore. My system: AIX 6100-09-11-1806. I make mksysb backup of my LPARs by NIM server. I am doing restore tests by NIM server on spare LPAR now. All LPARs were restored allright except for one. During restore it stops with this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Necronomic
4 Replies
power(9E)							Driver Entry Points							 power(9E)

NAME
power - power a device attached to the system SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int prefixpower(dev_info_t *dip, int component, int level); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). This entry point is required. If the driver writer does not supply this entry point, the value NULL must be used in the cb_ops(9S) structure instead. PARAMETERS
dip Pointer to the device's dev_info structure. component Component of the driver to be managed. level Desired component power level. DESCRIPTION
The power(9E) function is the device-specific Power Management entry point. This function is called when the system wants the driver to set the power level of component to level. The level argument is the driver-defined power level to which the component needs to be set. Except for power level 0, which is inter- preted by the framework to mean "powered off," the interpretation of level is entirely up to the driver. The component argument is the component of the device to be power-managed. The interpretation of component is entirely up to the driver. When a requested power transition would cause the device to lose state, the driver must save the state of the device in memory. When a requested power transition requires state to be restored, the driver must restore that state. If a requested power transition for one component requires another component to change power state before it can be completed, the driver must call pm_raise_power(9F) to get the other component changed, and the power(9E) entry point must support being re-entered. If the system requests an inappropriate power transition for the device (for example, a request to power down a device which has just become busy), then the power level should not be changed and power should return DDI_FAILURE. RETURN VALUES
The power() function returns: DDI_SUCCESS Successfully set the power to the requested level. DDI_FAILURE Failed to set the power to the requested level. CONTEXT
The power() function is called from user or kernel context only. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attach(9E), detach(9E), pm_busy_component(9F), pm_idle_component(9F), pm_raise_power(9F), cb_ops(9S) Writing Device Drivers Using Power Management SunOS 5.10 12 Dec 2003 power(9E)