Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to install java (jdk-74) on solaris 10? Post 302649351 by aagusman on Thursday 31st of May 2012 07:47:07 AM
Old 05-31-2012
How to install java (jdk-74) on solaris 10?

What kind of required java type for installed?
which address link, i need to download the package.
i have zcat this version jdk-7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z and then installed each the packages with pkgadd -d . , but my java version still java full version "1.5.0_24-b02".is it need doanything after installed each package??
any body know can explained, how to step by step installed the java.? many thx b4

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about install JDK on SCO Unix

I try to run java file on SCO Unix, but my Unix doesn't setup with JDK environment. I go to sun.com to download JDK for SCO Unix, but there is only JDK for HP-UNIX, is it ok for SCO Unix? If it's ok, how can I install it to my Unix after I download? If it's not ok, How can I do to run java file in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wendyz
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to install jdk

Hi, I need a shell script that would do silent installation of jdk on a linux machine. Can anyone help me with this? Thanx Sunny (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
6 Replies

3. Solaris

error during install jdk 5.0.11 packages

hi all i tried to install jdk on solaris 10 2008 and i used these packages in installation pkgadd -d SUNWj5cfg SUNWj5dmo SUNWj5dev SUNWj5rt SUNWj5jmp SUNWj5man all was good except one (SUNWj5rt) some of the output ERROR: attribute verification of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Download & install JDK 1.6

Hi.. I want to download & install JDK 1.6 for linux so please help me where i can downlod it free Regards Rinku Garg (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinkugarg
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Upgrade Jdk After install in linux

hii... i want to upgrade my java version 1.4.2 to 1.6 in linux plateform after installing JDK. so what are the steps & commands in linux to upgrade it . Please Help me ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinkugarg
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to install jdk 6u17 in a prompt-less script

I came across this site while Googling for how to silently install JDK 6u17. I didn't find a solution, but I came up with this hack so I thought I'd post it here: The trick is to just temporarily disable the "more" application: ]# chmod u+x jdk-6u17-linux-x64-rpm.bin ]# # Prevent prompts...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhart
0 Replies

7. AIX

Any file to differentiate JAVA JRE and JAVA JDK

Folks, Any idea of where can I find a specific file to differentiate JRE and Java JDK installed on AIX platform :cool: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellcisco
3 Replies

8. Fedora

Fedora: Uninstall Java JDK 1.8 and install Oracle Java 1.7.15

Hi All, I have just downloaded fedora 27 iso and set it up in virtual box. I want to learn Hadoop so trying to install Apache hadoop. Before all those I have to install Oracle Java 1.7.15 (as mentioned in the Apache hadoop page). Can you please help me how to Uninstall currently installed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechGyaann
6 Replies
MACROS.JPACKAGE(7)						RPM Java packaging						MACROS.JPACKAGE(7)

NAME
macros.jpackage - RPM macros for Java packagers and developers. Written for the JPackage Project <http://www.jpackage.org/>: SYNOPSIS
%_jvmdir Root directory where all Java VMs/SDK/JREs are installed. %_jvmjardir Root directory where all Java VMs/SDK/JREs expose their jars %_jvmprivdir Root directory for all Java VM/SDK/JRE's private things. %_jvmlibdir Root directory for all architecture dependent parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_jvmdatadir Root directory for all architecture independent parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_jvmsysconfdir Root directory for all configurations parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_jvmcommonlibdir Root directory for all common architecture dependent parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_jvmcommondatadir Root directory for all common architecture independent parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_jvmcommonsysconfdir Root directory for all common configurations parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_javadir Directory where arch and version independent jars are installed. %{_javadir}-ext Directory where version dependent jars are installed. %_{javadir} Directory where arch and version independent jars are installed. %{_javadir}-x.y.z Directory where jars for Java standard x.y.z (usually symlinks to %{_javadir}-ext) are installed. %{_javadir}-utils Directory where Java-related scripts are installed. %_jnidir Directory where arch-specific (JNI) version-independent jars are installed. %_{jnidir}-ext Directory where arch-specific (JNI) version-dependent jars are installed. %_{jnidir}-x.y.z Directory where arch-specific (JNI) jars for Java standard x.y.z (usually symlinks to %{_jnidir}-ext) are installed. %_javadocdir Root directory where all javadoc is installed. %_mavendepmapdir Directory for maven depmaps. %_mavendepmapfragdir Directory for maven depmaps. %java_home Current default JVM home. Calls a set_jvm() from java-functions(7). %ant Default ant command. %jar Default jar command. %java Default java command. Calls a set_jvm() from java-functions(7). %javac Default javac command. %javadoc Default javadoc command. %add_jvm_extension add_jvm_extension should be used in %install by extension packages to declare what extension jars they provide. %add_to_maven_depmap() add_to_depmap adds an entry to the depmap. The arguments are: %1 the original groupid %2 the original artifact id %3 the version %4 the new groupid %5 the new artifactid %update_maven_depmap() update_maven_depmap updates the main maven depmap %jpackage_script() A standard script fot running jpackage positive applications. %1 main class %2 flags %3 options %4 jars (separated by ':') %5 the name of script you wish to create DESCRIPTION
This is a library of generic rpm macros which should be used on jpackage.org compatible distributions. FILES
/etc/rpm/macros.jpackage Definitions of macros. For additional informations look at this file. /use/share/java-utils/java-functions shell script functions library for Java applications /etc/java/java.conf system-wide Java configuration file ~/.java/java.conf user's Java configuration SEE ALSO
Regular Manual Pages java.conf(5) java-functions(7) jpackage-utils(7) AUTHORS
David Walluck <david@jpackage.org> Ville Skytta <scop at jpackage.org> Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mailhot at laPoste.net> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs using JPackage Bugzilla (http://www.jpackage.org/bugzilla/) jpackage-utils 1.7.5 February 2009 MACROS.JPACKAGE(7)