Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ksh and mail problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh and mail problem Post 302649287 by itkamaraj on Thursday 31st of May 2012 06:21:12 AM
Old 05-31-2012
can you try with double quotes

Code:
/usr/bin/mail "$qq" < testEmail.inp

or

use single quote

qq='-s "case 4" cstsang@hko.hksarg'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail problem (NOT Mail or Mail.app)

When I try to use the CLI mail, I get the following error. What's wrong? Welcome to Darwin! % mail root Subject: test test . EOT % /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 81: fileclass: cannot open /etc/mail/local-host-names: Group writable directory Do I just need to change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenly
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using $MAIL in ksh

I'm trying to write a menu script in ksh to allow a user to find his/her mail path. Display the mail file path") print -n "Mail File Path: " $MAIL It's not working although it works when I'm simply doing it from the command line. Also, I'm using the same formula to find the shell path... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: r0mulus
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help on sending mail in ksh

folks, I wrote a script like follow for sending notification email, but the problem is cannot pass the multiple words to the subject line, any help: ======================================= send_msg () { send_email $1 exit 1; } send_email () { mail -s $1 $mail_address << MAIL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ting123
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send an e-mail using ksh

Hi, I have a small script that outputs to a text file. I need to e-mail the contents of the text file to a mail alias. However, I cannot seem to get the script to print the 'subject', my script just leaves it blank. Has anybody any ideas what is wrong? if then (echo "\nHere is the report... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asulli01
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail to: cc: How can i acheive this with ksh

Hi All, I have to write a script to send mail, in that i have to dynamically add the recepient in TO and my cc is a common one. For all mails my cc recepients are same. Only problem with TO recepient. Please i am looking for your inputs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH Programming to read and mail fields

I have a file with the following values: File name à a.log (bulk file with 100+ lines with the similar format) aaaa|bbbb|cccc|dddd|eeee|ffff|gggg|hhhh|iiii| aaaa|bbbb|cccc|dddd|eeee|ffff|gggg|hhhh|iiii| aaaa|bbbb|cccc|dddd|eeee|ffff|gggg|hhhh|iiii|... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivacbz
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - mailx - Redirect the undelivered mail

Hi, I need to create one KSH which will send mail to set of recipients using "mailx" command like below. mailx -s "Test mail" "test@yahoo.com, test@gmail.com" <$output.txt The recipients are in different domains (like yahoo, gmail, etc.). My requirement is, if any mail is undelivered,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Matrix2682
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX .ksh script freezes when using the mail -s command

Hello I am trying to send an email when a .KSH script is run on an AIX Machine. This email will only include a subject line that is made up of variables from within the script, and is as follows: CURRENT_DATE=`date +%Y%m%d` TIME=`date` ADMIN="myname@domain.com" date block () { ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbojames
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML Report from mail in ksh 88

Hi Team, I'm trying to send HTML Report from email using the below script (Using ksh 88 version) #!/bin/ksh set -x SUB="Test Email" Mail_Body="This is for testing" Send_Mail_HTML() { ( echo "FROM: abcd@test.com" echo "To: abcd@test.com" echo "Subject:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh: Send a mail in case grep finds something

I want to search a file if it contains special strings and if yes, the records found should be mailed. I can either do it with a temporary file: /usr/bin/grep somestring somefile > /tmp/tempfile && /usr/bin/mail -s "Found something" email@mycomp.com < /tmp/tempfile... or by running the grep... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cochise
10 Replies
getusershell(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					  getusershell(3C)

NAME
getusershell, setusershell, endusershell - get legal user shells SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> char *getusershell(void); void setusershell(void); void endusershell(void); DESCRIPTION
The getusershell() function returns a pointer to a legal user shell as defined by the system manager in the file /etc/shells. If /etc/shells does not exist, the following locations of the standard system shells are used in its place: /bin/bash /bin/csh /bin/jsh /bin/ksh /bin/pfcsh /bin/pfksh /bin/pfsh /bin/sh /bin/tcsh /bin/zsh /sbin/jsh /sbin/pfsh /sbin/sh /usr/bin/bash /usr/bin/csh /usr/bin/jsh /usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/pfcsh /usr/bin/pfksh /usr/bin/pfsh /usr/bin/sh /usr/bin/tcsh /usr/bin/zsh /usr/xpg4/bin/sh The getusershell() function opens the file /etc/shells, if it exists, and returns the next entry in the list of shells. The setusershell() function rewinds the file or the list. The endusershell() function closes the file, frees any memory used by getusershell() and setusershell(), and rewinds the file /etc/shells. RETURN VALUES
The getusershell() function returns a null pointer on EOF. BUGS
All information is contained in memory that may be freed with a call to endusershell(), so it must be copied if it is to be saved. SunOS 5.10 30 Aug 2004 getusershell(3C)