Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ubuntu 10.10 quilt package
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ubuntu 10.10 quilt package Post 302649283 by bakunin on Thursday 31st of May 2012 06:17:22 AM
Old 05-31-2012
Sometimes, it helps to actually read the error messages instead of pasting them here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chercheur857
Code:
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

You probably have a repository configured where this package is not available. Use another repository.

Out of curiosity i entered "quilt ubuntu download" in google (ok, this was a really far-fetched idea, i have to admit - nobody else would have found that) and found some gazillions of hits, of which the second one was this:

Ubuntu -- Details of package quilt in hardy

At the end of the page the big fat link "download quilt" is hard to see.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

unable to install package on Ubuntu

Hi all, I am working on Ubuntu 7.10 and I want to install libssl-dev_0.9.8a-7ubuntu0.13_i386.deb. So tryied it with apt-get command but getting the following error-- Then I downloaded .deb file and attempt to install it with package installer but again unable to install it and getting the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
3 Replies

2. Ubuntu

How to Install TCSH package in Ubuntu 11?

I am trying to install tcsh package in ubuntu 11 When i tried to invoke the tcsh,i was prompted to contact administrator to install tcsh package. Since i am also the admin on my system its my job to install tcsh :D I have downloaded tcsh package named "tcsh-6.17.00.tar", since i don not have... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
12 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Installing md5 package into ubuntu

Hi i want to install md5 package into ubuntu. any idea how? Apparently applying md5sum and md5 on a string (not a file) gives a different value! The one that I need to use is the md5 command, but it says command not found when i type md5 in bash. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jremio
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files associated with a package using Ubuntu

Stupid question of the day. How can I find a file that is associated with a package installed on my Ubuntu 12.04 desktop. More clarification, so if I: lsof -p 11399 java 11399 davider mem REG 8,6 438211 265067 /usr/lib/java/jre1.7.0_07/lib/i386/libt2k.so How can I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
4 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Upgrade a package on Ubuntu

Hi, I want to upgrade a package to a specified version on Ubuntu, can you please shed some light? I know we can do it with but jere i want to upgrade the package to a specified version. Can someone please assist? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prash358
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Ubuntu software package compatibility

I don't have internet connection in my Ubuntu server, so package download directly from internet is not possible. So if I download package from Index of /ubuntu How do I find which version of package is compatible with my Release of Ubuntu server ( 15.10 ) user01@ubuntu01:~$ lsb_release -a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing RPM package using alien on WSL Ubuntu

I was just flirting with the idea of installing one package (bcl2fas2) on my WSL:Ubuntu using alien. However, when I run sudo alien bcl2fastq2-v2.20.0.422-Linux-x86_64.rpm I get the following error: Package build failed. Here's the log: dh_testdir dh_testdir dh_testroot dh_prep... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to install older package version on Ubuntu 18.04?

Hello, I'm running Ubuntu 18.04 and I would like to install libboost-python version 1.46. Currently I have installed version 1.65: wakatana@local-machine:~$ dpkg -l | grep libboost-python ii libboost-python-dev 1.65.1.0ubuntu1 amd64 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wakatana
1 Replies