Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Request to check: Not printing all entries Post 302649233 by itkamaraj on Thursday 31st of May 2012 05:07:55 AM
Old 05-31-2012
try the below for loop

Code:

foreach my $record (@records)
{
if ($record =~ /^\*FIELD\*\sAV$/)
{
print "$record";
}
}

---------- Post updated at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:36 PM ----------

Code:

perl -lane 'print $_ if ($_=~/\*FIELD \* AV/)' mutationsonly.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check:find out common entries

I have to compare 2 files which means 2 files with common entries in same column and separate those common entries in a diferent file as well right before those entries common so that I can separat common and Uncommon entries in rows in 2 different files. Is it possible For eg. one file ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check:remove entries with N/A entries

Hi I have a file with numerous entries some entries are 1 mani 2 kavya 3 N/A 4 Praveeen 5 N/A and so on How to remove entries with N/A so the result will be 1 mani 2 kavya 3 Praveeen (6 Replies)
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check:remove entries more than once

Hi I have a file like this 1234 2345 567889 567889 2345 234899420 83743 2345 67890 67890 ................ so on I want to delete entries which are more than once like 2345, 567889 and 67890 so that these appear once (4 Replies)
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check:remove entries with blank spaces

Hi I want to remove entries with blank spaces in my input file: 123 234 456 678 56789 345346456 589 3454 345456 3454566............................ (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check:remove entries with N/A mentioned

Hi I have a file with following entries 122 N/A 123 5654656 123423 43534543 4544 45435 435454 N/A i Have to remove entries with N/A so that only 123 5654656 123423 43534543 4544 45435 remain in output file can anybody guide for a code/unix/perl (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check:remove entries more than once in different column

Hi I have a file 12m 345693460 12 1234 12 1234 34 345 34 345 And I want output fiel as 12m 345693460 12 1234 34 345 hw can it be done Thanks (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check:count specific entries

Hi all I have an input file which contains so many entries like this: And, I want to count hw many among ASN in one column are converted to LYS in third coulmns. which means output shuld contain only "ASN number LYS" Kindly let me know wny programm for this My input is ASN 217 LYS... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract certain entries from big file:Request to check

Hi all I have a big file which I have attached here. And, I have to fetch certain entries and arrange in 5 columns Name Drug DAP ID disease approved or notIn the attached file data is arranged with tab separated columns in this way: and other data is... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check:remove entries with duplicate numbers in first row

Hi I have a file 1 xyz 456 1 xyz 456 1 xyz 456 2 abc 8459 3 gfd 657 4 ghf 658 4 ghf 658 I want the output 1 xyz 456 2 abc 8459 3 gfd 657 4 ghf 658 (3 Replies)
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to check:Fetch certain entries

Hi all. Kindly check it it's urgent!! I have one big file from which which I have to fetch certain data I have attached a small part of this file. from the attached file, I have to fetch and arrange data in 3 columns 1 Generic name 2. Brand names 3. Drug... (10 Replies)
10 Replies
kst(1)								       kst2								    kst(1)

NAME
kst -- plots scientific data SYNOPSIS
kst kst [ -F DATASOURCE ] [ -f STARTFRAME ] [ -n NUMFRAMES ] [ -s FRAMESPERSAMPLE [ -a ] ] kstfile kst datasource [ -f STARTFRAME ] [ -n NUMFRAMES ] [ -s FRAMESPERSAMPLE [ -a ] ] [ -P PLOTNAME ] [ -A] [ -d ] [ -l ] [ -b ] [ -x FIELD ] [ -e FIELD ] [ -r RATE ] [ -y FIELD ] [ -p FIELD ] [ -h FIELD ] [ -z FIELD ] [ --png filename ] [ --print filename [ --landscape | --portrait ] [ --Letter | --A4 ] ] DESCRIPTION
kst is a graphical data plotting tool, which includes the ability to plot live data (contiuously update the plot as new data becomes avail- able). kst may be run entirely from within its GUI, in which case no command line arguments are needed. kst has a powerful wizard for easily set- ting up new plots. In the second invocation, kst loads pre-saved plot specifications from the file kstfile and optionally may override some of the settings in that file. In the third invocation, kst displays plots of the data as directed in the default manner. Additional datasources may be specified on the command line with options for that datasource following it. Command line options generally apply to all subsequent options unless later overridden. OPTIONS
-A plot all curves in separate plots -a average frames (simple mean) when plotting with -s. --A4 use A4 sized paper for printing. Requires --print. -b plot as bargraphs. -d use points when plotting curves. -e FIELD use FIELD as the magnitude of error bars applied to the next plot. -F datasource override the datasource indicated in the kstfile and instead use datasource. -f STARTFRAME begin plotting at STARTFRAME frames into the data. Set to -1 to start at NUMFRAMES from the end of the data. -h FIELD plot FIELD as a histogram. -l use lines when plotting curves. --landscape use landscape orientation for printing. Requires --print. --Letter use US Letter sized paper for printing. Requires --print. -n NUMFRAMES plot at most NUMFRAMES frames of data. Set to -1 to indicate all of the data. -P PLOTNAME plot all plots in the plot named PLOTNAME. -p FIELD plot FIELD as a power spectrum plot. --png filename render to a portable network graphics (png) image with file name filename and quit. --portrait use portrait orientation for printing. Requires --print. --print filename print the plot to file filename and quit. -s FRAMESPERSAMPLE plot every FRAMESPERSAMPLE frames when plotting. -x FIELD use FIELD as the X-axis vector. -y FIELD plot FIELD as an XY plot. -z FIELD plot FIELD as an image. EXAMPLES
Plot all data in column 2 from data.dat. kst data.dat -y 2 Same as above, except only read 20 lines, starting at line 10. kst data.dat -f 10 -n 20 -y 2 also read col 1. One plot per curve. kst data.dat -f 10 -n 20 -y 1 -y 2 Read col 1 from data2.dat and col 1 from data.dat kst data.dat -f 10 -n 20 -y 2 data2.dat -y 1 Same as above, except read 40 lines starting at 30 in data2.dat kst data.dat -f 10 -n 20 -y 2 data2.dat -f 30 -n 40 -y 1 Specify the X vector and error bars: Plot x = col 1 and Y = col 2 and error flags = col 3 from data.dat kst data.dat -x 1 -e 3 -y 2 Get the X vector from data1.dat, and the Y vector from data2.dat. kst data1.dat -x 1 data2.dat -y 1 Placement: Plot column 2 and column 3 in plot P1 and column 4 in plot P2 kst data.dat -P P1 -y 2 -y 3 -P P2 -y 4 BUGS
Please report bugs to either the kst mailing list at kst@kde.org or to the kde bugzilla under the kst product at http://bugs.kde.org/. If you can run kst, you can easily report bugs by selecting Bug Report Wizard from the Help menu. AUTHOR
Matthew Truch <matt@truch.net> LICENSE
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, with no Front-Cover Texts, and with no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the `COPYING.DOC' file as part of the kst distribution. Version 2.0.3 22 February 2011 kst(1)