Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Promotion! Like Our New Facebook Timeline Page for 10,000 Bits! Post 302649191 by Neo on Thursday 31st of May 2012 04:15:01 AM
Old 05-31-2012
Thanks!

We will be adding timeline milestones for the forums as we ramp up; including milestones for when posters reach a certain number of posts, tributes to mods and admins, and such things.

In the beginning, we want to frame the timeline of linux and unix, because without linux and unix, and the major events and milestones for linux and unix, the forums would not exist. So, paying tribute to those before is also a way to pay respect to the great minds and creators of the past.

BTW: You can create a FB account and keep it (nearly) 100% private, and only "like us" if you "like" Smilie

The timeline is a work-in-progress (we just started it two days ago) and we are certainly open to all ideas for the timeline.

Two days, over 200 likes, not great; but not bad either.
Promotion!  Like Our New Facebook Timeline Page for 10,000 Bits!-screen-shot-2012-05-31-31645-pmpng

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Microsoft "Donates" $3,000,000,000 to Feds

Surreal quote from the news link below: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A44615-2002Nov12.html (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Bits Club link on main page

Hi, I noticed that the Bit Club is no longer accessible from the main page. It used to be in the Members Only Forum (I think, can't really remember.) Was this intentional? Regards, Ni2 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ni2
3 Replies

3. Web Development

MySQL Query to Build Mockup Vue.js UserCP Timeline Page

Here is the query (and some sample results) I plan to use to build a new timeline page in the mockup vue.js usercp I am working on. When the postid is the same as lastpostid, this means the timeline entry will be - "{{Member}} Started Discussion {{Thread Title}} at {{date and time}}" and when... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies
.::SWF::MovieClip(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    .::SWF::MovieClip(3pm)

NAME
SWF::MovieClip - MovieClip Class SYNOPSIS
use SWF::MovieClip; my $movieclip = new SWF::MovieClip(); DESCRIPTION
SWF::MovieClip allows you to add animated objects to your Flash movies. METHODS
$mc= new SWF::MovieClip() Returns an SWF::MovieClip object. $item = $mc->add($swfobject) When you add following types of objects to the $mc they will return a SWF::DisplayItem: SWF::Button SWF::PrebuiltClip (a whole external swf file) SWF::MovieClip (you can nest them like a tree) SWF::Shape SWF::Text SWF::TextField SWF::VideoStream [ToDo: to be verified: When you add a SWF::Sound the return value is a SWF::SoundInstance: $si = $mc->add($sound); ] $si = $mc->startSound($sound) Starts making noise and returns an object of SWF::SoundInstance class. $mc->stopSound($sound) Stops sound started by startSound() method. $mc->remove($di) Removes SWF::DisplayItem $di from the display list. $mc->nextFrame() Move to the next frame in the timeline of SWF::MovieClip $mc $mc->setNumberOfFrames($i) $mc->setFrames($i) Sets total number of $mc frames to $i This is an optional autofiller, e.g. when you want to be sure that 2 different movieclips have 100 frames when playing, but the number of nextFrame() calls in these 2 movieclips is unknown or dynamic (dependent on data from databases, whatever). By default a movieclip the number of frames in the timeline is how often you called $mc->nextFrame for this clip. $mc->labelFrame($name) Sets frame name to $name. You are then able to access this frame by name in ActionScript, not just by frame number. $mc->setScalingGrid($x, $y, $w, $h) This function (available from SWF>=8) sets a 9 slice scaling grid: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 X, y, w and h define a rectangle, which is the dimension of the center slice(5). All other slices are determined out of the characters bounds and the defined rect. While slice 5 is scaled vertical and horizontal, slice 2 and 8 are only scaled horizontal. Slice 4 and 6 only vertical. The 4 corner slices are not scaled (1, 3, 7, 9). [ToDo: to be verified] $mc->removeScalingGrid() Removes scaling grid rectangles. $mc->addInitAction($action) Adds an initial ActionScript block to MovieClip $mc. These actions are executed before the MovieClip is available as a script object. [ToDo: to be verified] $mc->setSoundStream($sound, $rate, [$skip]) Includes streaming sound to a movie. [ToDo: add more doc and a demo here.] AUTHOR
Soheil Seyfaie (soheil@netcom.ca) Peter Liscovius see AUTHORS of ming distribution (ming.sf.net) SEE ALSO
SWF::DisplayItem for how you can modify the instances in a SWF::MovieClip or SWF::Movie SWF, SWF::Action, SWF::InitAction, SWF::Button, SWF::Movie, SWF::Shape, SWF::Sound, SWF::SoundStream, SWF::Text, SWF::TextField, SWF::VideoStream perl v5.14.2 2011-10-26 .::SWF::MovieClip(3pm)