Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Disc is full - NOT! How to fix? Post 302648799 by Corona688 on Wednesday 30th of May 2012 11:02:43 AM
Old 05-30-2012
Are you sure you have enough space in that particular partition, though? If you're not familiar with linux, it may not be going where you think it does. df -h.

Also, you may be out of inodes instead. Without these filesystem structures, you cannot create files.

Code:
df -i

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disc Copy

Is there a disk copy utiliy for unix systems eg: I need to make a duplicate copy of a netraT1 to a netraT1 Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SmartJuniorUnix
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Calculating Disc Space

Ok.... Can someone please point me in the right direction. I simply want to know how to take the results of a dfspace or df command and be able to know how to determine how much disk space is either used or remaining. 1$ dfspace Filesystem 512-blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Docboyeee
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy of HP-UX from MO disc

This is my newbi question. I have HP-UX on a MO drive, need to backup that MO in case of damaging the original. Therefor I need a copy on server and be able to put that copy onto a blank MO to recreate a working bootable disc. This what I did. First I tried to make a copy with dd dd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tops
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disc Needs Maintenance

Hello All Here I am using Sun V880 server which have discsuit pack of 8 discs with 2 sub mirrors each. Everything was fine for the last 1 year. Now I am getting problem of taking backup of the server. After analysis what I got that each 2nd submirrors are in NEEDS MAINTENANCE status. What... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ailnilanjan
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

format disc

What is the best way to format the partition? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Ultra 10 - Copying Files From Disc After Booting Up With Recovery Disc?

Hello, I'm still learning unix and I have what is probably a simple question but I can't seem to find the question to. I have an Ultra 10 Sparc Server running solaris 8 and the drive may have crashed (I hope not). Currently, it appears some files in the /etc folder are missing. I have a backup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ideffects
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract strings from full path when full path is not fixed

/Path/snowbird9/nrfCompMgrRave1230100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird6/nrfCompMgrRave1220100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird14/nrfCompMgrRave920100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Getting a 90% disc full alert

Hello experts, need help One of filesystem on my solaris server is 90% full /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s3 32G 28G 3.3G 90% /usr here is contents of the folder jboss-ie10ux013:/usr\n\r-> ls 4lib X11R6 ccs j2se lost+found openv proc spool ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karghum
2 Replies

9. AIX

100% Inode full with only 67% FS full.

AIX Version 6.1 and 7.1. I understand that when the OS initially creates the FS and inodes, its pretty strict, but not always tuned to a 1:1 ratio. I see the same thing when adding a whole disk LV to a separate device. It seems that when we expand a filesystem the inodes don't get tuned... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
5 Replies
MKFS.BFS(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual					       MKFS.BFS(8)

NAME
mkfs.bfs - make an SCO bfs filesystem SYNOPSIS
mkfs.bfs [-N nr-of-inodes] [-V volume-name] [-F fsname] device [size-in-blocks] DESCRIPTION
mkfs.bfs creates an SCO bfs file-system on a block device (usually a disk partition or a file accessed via the loop device). The size-in-blocks parameter is the desired size of the file system, in blocks. If nothing is specified, the entire partition will be used. OPTIONS
-N Specify the desired number of inodes (at most 512). If nothing is specified some default number in the range 48-512 is picked depending on the size of the partition. -V volume-label Specify the volume label. I have no idea if/where this is used. -F fsname Specify the fsname. I have no idea if/where this is used. -v Be verbose. EXIT CODES
The exit code returned by mkfs.bfs is 0 when all went well, and 1 when something went wrong. SEE ALSO
mkfs(8). AVAILABILITY
The mkfs.bfs command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. Util-linux 2.9x 12 Sept 1999 MKFS.BFS(8)