Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Remove Duplicates and Sum in a spreadsheet Post 302648791 by Giorgio C on Wednesday 30th of May 2012 10:51:18 AM
Old 05-30-2012
Remove Duplicates and Sum in a spreadsheet

Hi all,

I have a problem hoping someone can help me.
I have this spreadsheet :

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Removed embedded code

These are all separate columns and rows. The first 5 (PC.333,PC.444...) are patients and under them every number represents the number of Bacteria that the patient presents referred to the row.

I need to merge hetero the fields regarding Bacteria but without loosing the count of them for every patients. In other words I need to delete duplicate but sum before for the patients the numbers. So do not miss anything. Is there any possibilities ?! The file is very big and I would like to avoid doing it manually.

Please help Me ! Thank you in advance

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

fastest way to remove duplicates.

I have searched the FAQ - by using sort, duplicates, etc.... but I didn't get any articles or results on it. Currently, I am using: sort -u file1 > file2 to remove duplicates. For a file size of 1giga byte approx. time taken to remove duplicates is 1hr 21 mins. Is there any other faster way... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika
15 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove duplicates without sorting

Hello, I can remove duplicate entries in a file by: sort File1 | uniq > File2 but how can I remove duplicates without sorting the file? I tried cat File1 | uniq > File2 but it doesn't work thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicates

Hello Experts, I have two files named old and new. Below are my example files. I need to compare and print the records that only exist in my new file. I tried the below awk script, this script works perfectly well if the records have exact match, the issue I have is my old file has got extra... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumthreads
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Remove Duplicates and Sum in a spreadsheet

Hi all, I have a problem hoping someone can help me. I have this spreadsheet : PC.333 PC.444 PC.555 PC.666 PC.777 0 0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Giorgio C
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Remove Duplicates

I have the following code for removing duplicate records based on fields in inputfile file & moves the duplicate records in duplicates file(1st Awk) & in 2nd awk i fetch the non duplicate entries in inputfile to tmp file and use move to update the original file. Requirement: Can both the awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk remove first duplicates

Hi All, I have searched many threads for possible close solution. But I was unable to get simlar scenario. I would like to print all duplicate based on 3rd column except the first occurance. Also would like to print if it is single entry(non-duplicate). i/P file 12 NIL ABD LON 11 NIL ABC... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sybadm
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicates

I have a file with the following format: fields seperated by "|" title1|something class|long...content1|keys title2|somhing class|log...content1|kes title1|sothing class|lon...content1|kes title3|shing cls|log...content1|ks I want to remove all duplicates with the same "title field"(the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtdt
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicates

Hi I have a below file structure. 200,1245,E1,1,E1,,7611068,KWH,30, ,,,,,,,, 200,1245,E1,1,E1,,7611070,KWH,30, ,,,,,,,, 300,20140223,0.001,0.001,0.001,0.001,0.001 300,20140224,0.001,0.001,0.001,0.001,0.001 300,20140225,0.001,0.001,0.001,0.001,0.001 300,20140226,0.001,0.001,0.001,0.001,0.001... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tejashavele
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to Sum columns when other column has duplicates and append one column value to another with Care

Hi Experts, Please bear with me, i need help I am learning AWk and stuck up in one issue. First point : I want to sum up column value for column 7, 9, 11,13 and column15 if rows in column 5 are duplicates.No action to be taken for rows where value in column 5 is unique. Second point : For... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: as7951
1 Replies
TableMatrix::Spreadsheet(3pm)				       perl/Tk Documentation				     TableMatrix::Spreadsheet(3pm)

NAME
Tk::TableMatrix::Spreadsheet - Table Display with Spreadsheet-like bindings. SYNOPSIS
use Tk; use Tk::TableMatrix::Spreadsheet; my $t = $top->Scrolled('Spreadsheet', -rows => 21, -cols => 11, -width => 6, -height => 6, -titlerows => 1, -titlecols => 1, -variable => $arrayVar, -selectmode => 'extended', -titlerows => 1, -titlecols => 1, -bg => 'white', ); DESCRIPTION
Tk::TableMatrix::Spreadsheet is a Tk::TableMatrix-derived widget that implements some bindings so the resulting widget behaves more like a spreadsheet. Bindings Added: o Row/Col resize handles appear when the cursor is placed over a row/col border line in the rol/col title area. Dragging these handles will resize the row or column. If multiple rows or columns are selected, then the new row/col size will apply to all row/cols selected. Note: With the base Tk::TableMatrix, it is possible to resize the row/cols by dragging on any cell border. To be more spreadsheet-like, Tk::TableMatrix::Spreadsheet defaults to enable row/col resizing only thru the title row/col dragging. To override this default behavoir, set the -resizeborder option to 'both' at startup. o A popup menu for row/col insert/delete appears when the mouse is right-clicked in the row/col title areas. o Cells activate (i.e. the contents become edit-able) only when the cell is double-clicked or the F2 button is pressed. The default Tk::TableMatrix behavior is for the cell to be activated when the cell is single-clicked. o The Escape key causes any changes made to a cell to be canceled and the current selection cleared. o The return key causes the the current cell to move down. o The tab (or shift tab) key causes the current cell to be moved to the right (left). o The delete key will delete the current selection, if no cell is currently active. o The Mouse button 2 (middle button) paste from the PRIMARY. (Control-v pastes from the clipboard). Additional Information Widget methods, options, etc, are inherited from the Tk::TableMatrix widget. See its docs for additional information. Tk1.23 2007-01-09 TableMatrix::Spreadsheet(3pm)