Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to open 6000 port for XDMCP? Post 302648553 by vbe on Wednesday 30th of May 2012 04:51:33 AM
Old 05-30-2012
Is the /usr/dt/bin/dtlogin process running on your server?
dtlogin is the process that handles your XDM connections.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 8 to many open port

hi all, My OS is solaris 8 with core system installation only. so far everything works fine. by i do some testing from my xp pc as client to nmap and scan opening port to my solaris. the result as below: Initiating SYN Stealth Scan against 10.10.10.10 at 16:25 Discovered open port 21/tcp on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hezry79
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Closing port 6000

Hi I am on solaris 8. And using xdm Xsun for X windows capabilities. Is it possible to close port 6000 and still have xdm Xsun for X windows capabilities. I came across http://www.sunmanagers.org/pipermail/summaries/2004-May/005208.html and neither i can close off port 6000 Rgds (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
2 Replies

3. Linux

open port

How can I open a port on linux machine ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
5 Replies

4. AIX

Get CDE/dtlogin to stop listening on port 6000

Hi all, can anyone help me with this? I'm running AIX 5L v5.3 base and installed CDE is 1.0. I've seen recommendations to add "-nolisten tcp" to the args for X but anytime I try that it simply fails to start. I've tried adding it as an arg to /usr/dt/config/Xservers as well as trying to add it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXNewbie
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Unknown open port: "6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker" found with nmap

Hi. I ran nmap on my server, and I get the following: Starting Nmap 4.76 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2009-03-19 16:33 EDT Interesting ports on -------- (-----): Not shown: 997 closed ports PORT STATE SERVICE 22/tcp open ssh 80/tcp open http 6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rledley
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find port greater than 6000

How to get the listening ports which is greater than 6000 using netstat ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gsiva
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Open port with iptables

Hi, What iptables command do I need to run in order to open up the following port for incomming traffic on the following server: # telnet 127.0.0.1 1521 Trying 127.0.0.1... telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

Tcp ip port open but no such process (merged: Release A Port)

i want to kill a tcp connection by killing its pid with netstat -an i got the tcp ip connection on port 5914 but when i type ps -a or ps-e there is not such process running on port 5914 is it possible that because i do not log on with proper user account i can not see that process running? (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: alinamadchian
30 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10: How to just open a port - nothing else

Hi there, I tried just open a port but I failed ;-( # telnet localhost 9876 That should work so I did ... # vi /etc/services myport 9876/tcp # my port # svcadm restart inetd -> New pid, see ps - ef | grep inet # netstat -an | grep 9876 No port 9876 is waiting ;( #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: System
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script for port is open or not

I need a script on which if i will pass the port number and the host name as external parameter then it should respond me if the port is open or not thread moved (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: patitapaban
0 Replies
localectr(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     localectr(1M)

NAME
localectr - customize and build new locales SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/localectr /usr/bin/localectr -l locale1,locale2... [-d destination_path] [-c compiler_path] [-r 0 | 1 | 2] [-i pkginfo_template] [-p pkgname_prefix] /usr/bin/localectr -h /usr/bin/localectr -q /usr/bin/localectr -V DESCRIPTION
The localectr utility allows new locales to be customized and built. The output of localectr is an installable package containing the com- piled shared object binary which contains the locale data information as well as a number of other supporting files that are required to have a fully working locale on the system. Once generated, the package can be added to the system by using the pkgadd(1M) command and removed with pkgrm(1M). Depending on your default system login, you might have to reset your user environment after you add a locale. If dtlogin(1X) (for the CDE user environment) is the default system login, you need to restart dtlogin. No action is required if gdm(1) (for the Gnome user environ- ment) is the default login. There are two interfaces to localectr, command line (CLI) and graphical user interface (GUI). To customize the locale data, you must use the GUI. To create locales with standard locale data according to Unicode's Common Locale Data Repository (CLDR), the CLI is sufficient. With the CLI it is also possible to generate several locales in a single step, with a separate package being generated for each locale. With the GUI, a single locale is processed at a time. To launch the GUI, run the localectr command with no options. To run from the CLI, use the appropriate options as described below. localectr uses the localedef(1) utility to build the locale data binary shared object. Therefore, access to a C compiler is required in order to run localectr successfully, as this is also required by localedef. localectr is mainly concerned with locale data. However, in order to create a fully working locale on the system with localectr, many fea- tures, such as fonts, translations and input methods, are also required. Depending on what locales are already installed on the system, the relevant features might or might not be present on the system. If they are not present, then localeadm(1M) should be used to add the rele- vant packages before adding packages created by localectr. localectr bundles locale data for the latest set of locales available in Uni- code's CLDR. A user can also create a locale not available in CLDR by supplying her own data in the localectr GUI. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c compiler_path Specify the path to the C compiler that is used to compile the locale data into a shared object binary. Not required if the compiler is already in the user's PATH. -d destination_path Specify the path to the directory where the created package is to be stored. -h Displays the usage message. -i template_file The full path to user defined pkginfo(4) template file. -l locale1,locale2... Specify a comma-separated list of locale(s) to generate. Locale names are in the form: locale.codeset@variant, where codeset and vari- ant are optional. The default and only allowed codeset is UTF-8. The default variant is localectr. -p The package name prefix -q Queries localectr for a complete list of locales for which locale data is defined in localectr. When localectr is run from the CLI, the locale(s) specified with the -l option must be on this list in order for an installable locale package to be generated. -r Specify the range of Unicode characters for which locale data rules in the LC_CTYPE and LC_COLLATE categories are to be generated. There are three valid options: 0 Locale data rules are restricted to the exemplar or to commonly used characters of the locale in question. 1 Locale data rules are restricted to the Unicode plane 0 characters, whose codepoints fall in the range u0000-uFFFF. 2 Locale data rules are generated for all codepoints defined in the latest version of Unicode that is supported by the system on which localectr is being run. -V Shows the version of this software. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Launching the GUI The following example launches the localectr GUI. example% localectr Example 2 Generating Locale for Afrikaans (South Africa) with Default Locale Data The following example generates a package in the specified destination directory, which can be used to install the Afrikaans (af_ZA.UTF-8) locale on the system. The package name is composed of a prefix followed by the hyphen separated ISO-639 language code, the ISO-3166 country code, the locale encoding and an optional user-defined tag. The resulting package can then be added to the system using pkgadd(1M). example% localectr -l af_ZA -d /tmp Example 3 Generating Several South Africa Locales with Full Unicode Range of Characters The following example generates an installable package for each of the specified locales. example% localectr -l af_ZA,en_ZA,xh_ZA,zu_ZA -d /tmp -r 2 Example 4 Generating the Irish Locale with a User-Specified Tag The following example will generate a locale whose full name is ga_IE.UTF-8@mycompanyname. example% localectr -l ga_IE@mycompanyname -d /tmp EXIT STATUS
The following exit codes are returned: 0 Successful completion >0 An error occurred. FILES
/usr/bin/localectr Wrapper script that launches locale creator. /usr/lib/localectr Jar files, scripts, and locale data repository needed to run the application. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWlocalecreator | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ Interface stability is Committed for command-line options and is Uncommitted for other interfaces. SEE ALSO
locale(1), localedef(1), localeadm(1M), pkgadd(1M), pkgrm(1M), pkginfo(4), attributes(5) dtlogin(1X), gdm(1)(these are not SunOS man pages) International Language Environments Guide SunOS 5.11 7 Sep 2007 localectr(1M)