Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Best AV for Itanium IA64 (Windows 2000, 2003, NT) Post 302648463 by otheus on Wednesday 30th of May 2012 02:10:05 AM
Old 05-30-2012
clamAV is open source
This User Gave Thanks to otheus For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I view a Windows 2003 folder in Unix?

Is it possible to do something like this? Have a folder shared on a Windows machine and then be able to view it under a Unix server? Sort of like a reverse Samaba share? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix and Windows Server 2003

Hello All, I need your help with this, i appreciate all your help that you can give. Windows NT Domains Connect Windows XP as a domain client to both systems, Windows Server 2003 and Unix. Secure shell Set up secure shell on Linux (ssh). Set up secure client on Windows XP. Putty? I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: italia
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

OpenSSH Server for Windows 2003

Hi Gurus I have installed OpenSSH server in one of my Windows 2003 boxes. I have installed the setup and added the users as told in the link. But i am getting an "Access denied" whenever i try to log in through ssh or sftp. But when i try to log in through my loopback IP (127.0.0.1),i am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Install Windows 2003 R2 on existing Windows 2008

Hi, I am trying to install WIndows 2003 R2 Server on existing Windows 2008 server. When I run the 2003 cd it says no disk found. What can be the problem. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunnervarma
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Dual Boot WIndows 2003 and Solaris 10

Hi, I have a dual boot server with Windows on C0t0d0 and Solaris 10 on C1t0d0. When I do a reboot it automatically boots with Windows as default without an option to boot onto Solaris. I want to set Solaris as my default boot. any ideas? Thanks, Suresh (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunnervarma
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Windows 2003 use Samba user database

Hi, I have been looking for information on how to make a Windows 2003 server use the user database of an existing Samba installation. What I want is to use the Win3K as a (second) file server allowing users (using Win2K & Win XP computers) to access its shares using their existing user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcd
0 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

OpenSSH with windows server 2003

Hi people, I'm trying to configure the OpenSSH in my win server 2003 to accept connection with public/private keys, without password. I research all over internet sites about, almost all them, have the same instructions that doesn't work. I can just get a sFTP connection with password without... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: laurentiis
0 Replies

8. Solaris

I want to mount windows 2003 oracle instance

I want to mount windows 2003 oracle instance to solaris machine. Can any one has idea? Please send me your experiences ,if any. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagandadi
5 Replies
FSF-FUNDING(7)								GNU							    FSF-FUNDING(7)

NAME
fsf-funding - Funding Free Software DESCRIPTION
Funding Free Software If you want to have more free software a few years from now, it makes sense for you to help encourage people to contribute funds for its development. The most effective approach known is to encourage commercial redistributors to donate. Users of free software systems can boost the pace of development by encouraging for-a-fee distributors to donate part of their selling price to free software developers---the Free Software Foundation, and others. The way to convince distributors to do this is to demand it and expect it from them. So when you compare distributors, judge them partly by how much they give to free software development. Show distributors they must compete to be the one who gives the most. To make this approach work, you must insist on numbers that you can compare, such as, ``We will donate ten dollars to the Frobnitz project for each disk sold.'' Don't be satisfied with a vague promise, such as ``A portion of the profits are donated,'' since it doesn't give a basis for comparison. Even a precise fraction ``of the profits from this disk'' is not very meaningful, since creative accounting and unrelated business decisions can greatly alter what fraction of the sales price counts as profit. If the price you pay is $50, ten percent of the profit is probably less than a dollar; it might be a few cents, or nothing at all. Some redistributors do development work themselves. This is useful too; but to keep everyone honest, you need to inquire how much they do, and what kind. Some kinds of development make much more long-term difference than others. For example, maintaining a separate version of a program contributes very little; maintaining the standard version of a program for the whole community contributes much. Easy new ports contribute little, since someone else would surely do them; difficult ports such as adding a new CPU to the GNU Compiler Collection contribute more; major new features or packages contribute the most. By establishing the idea that supporting further development is ``the proper thing to do'' when distributing free software for a fee, we can assure a steady flow of resources into making more free software. SEE ALSO
gpl(7), gfdl(7). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1994 Free Software Foundation, Inc. Verbatim copying and redistribution of this section is permitted without royalty; alteration is not permitted. gcc-4.0.1 2009-05-18 FSF-FUNDING(7)