Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: yesterday's "weekday" date
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting yesterday's "weekday" date Post 302648013 by jack.bauer on Tuesday 29th of May 2012 08:20:54 AM
Old 05-29-2012
yesterday's "weekday" date

i've been going through https://www.unix.com/answers-frequent...rithmetic.html to find a cmd that will print me yesterday's date. I have found one that does it nicely

Code:
set YEST = `date '+20%y/%m/%d' | awk -F"/" '{print $1$2($3-1)}'`

as you can see its very rudimentary i.e is subtracting 1 from the day.
im looking to make this a little clever and take into account weekend such that if executed on a monday, it would return Friday's date.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

add seconds to: date"|"time"|"HHMMSS

Hey all, I have a shell that invokes a AWK. In this AWK i want invoke a function that receives 3 parameters: date: 20080831 time: 235901 duration: 00023 that function receive this 3 parameters and sum to this value two more seconds: 2008083123590100025 Remember that in case that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaconga
3 Replies

3. AIX

xx=`date +"%a %b %d"`;rsh xxx grep "^$XX" zzz ?

AIX 4.2 I am trying to do an rsh grep to search for date records inside server logs by doing this : xx=`date +"%a %b %d"` rsh xxx grep "^$XX" zzz gives : grep: 0652-033 Cannot open Jun. grep: 0652-033 Cannot open 11. But if I do : xx=`date +"%a %b %d"` grep "^$XX" zzz it works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Solaris

The slices "usr", "opt", "tmp" disappeared!!! Help please.

The system don't boot. on the screen appears following: press enter to maintenance (or type CTRL-D to continue)...I checked with format command. ... the slices "0-root","1-swap","2-backup" exist. ...the slises "3-var","6-usr" -unassigned. :( (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
16 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk "date" and "system" command

Hello experts! I need your help please I have a file.txt of which I want to extract 3rd and 4th columns with date with the form e.g.: 2016-11-25 03:14:50and pass them to "date" command, but also append the 9th column in a file as well. So I want to execute date -d '2016-11-25 03:14:50' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phaethon
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
Weather::Com::Forecast(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Weather::Com::Forecast(3pm)

NAME
Weather::Com::Forecast - class representing all available weather forecasts for one location SYNOPSIS
[...] my @locations = $weather_finder->find('Heidelberg'); my $forecast = $locations[0]->forecast(); my $tomorrow = $forecast->day(1); print "Forecast for tomorrow: "; print " - tomorrow it's the ", $tomorrow->date()->date(), " "; print " - sunrise will be at ", $tomorrow->sunrise()->time(), " "; print " - maximum temperature will be ", $tomorrow->high(), " "; DESCRIPTION
Using Weather::Com::Forecast objects is the way to access weather forecast information for one specific location (city) and 0 (today) to 9 days in the future. Each time you call the Weather::Com::Location objects' "forecast()" method, you'll get an updated Weather::Com::Forecast object. This object is used to access the 10 Weather::Com::DayForecast objects containing the actual data. CONSTRUCTOR
new(hash or hashref) You usually would not construct an object of this class yourself. This is implicitely done when you call the "forecast()" method of a Weather::Com::Location object. METHODS
all() Returns an arrayref of all Weather::Com::DayForecast objects if called in scalar context, an array if called in list context. day(day number) Returns the Weather::Com::DayForecast object that corresponds to the day number you provided. The day number can be any number between 0 and 9. Day 0 is usually today. Due to a bug (I think it is one) in the weather.com XOAP API, you may get the full forecast data of yesterday if you call for day 0 just after midnight. I think this may have do something with the timezone. I have not fully investigated this issue, yet. Please contact me, if you have! SEE ALSO
See also documentation of Weather::Com, Weather::Com::Location, Weather::Com::DayForecast. AUTHOR
Thomas Schnuecker, <thomas@schnuecker.de> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2004-2007 by Thomas Schnuecker This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The data provided by weather.com and made accessible by this OO interface can be used for free under special terms. Please have a look at the application programming guide of weather.com (http://www.weather.com/services/xmloap.html) perl v5.8.8 2007-07-09 Weather::Com::Forecast(3pm)