Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to install .rpm file from a directory using yum? Post 302647937 by frappa on Tuesday 29th of May 2012 05:58:00 AM
Old 05-29-2012
Hi albertspade,

did you check out for problems in /etc/yum.conf? It seems to be the main issue to resolve before trying anything else (check for proxies; look at the repositories mirrorlist and baseurls listed in the files inside /etc/yum.repos.d and see if you can get at those addresses by manually navigating via a web-browser).

As a last resort, if dependencies are not so hard to resolve you can try to resolve them manually (look at --requires rpm option).

see ya
fra

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris - Can it install RPM file?

Currently i just installed solaris 10 now i want to install a package in rpm format which i used to install in Linux can it install in Solaris 10 as well ? if yes,what is the command ? last time in linux i used to type this command #rpm -i xxxxx.rpm but i tried in linux it not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluefries
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto install RPM package for non-Root user directory?

Dear expert, Suppose I have an application that comes in rpm format. Let's call it: my_downloaded_package.rpm How can I install it in my particular home directory (since I'm not a root user). Say the directory where I want to install above rpm package is: ~/.my_desired_location... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monkfan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to install rpm to specific directory

Hi, For example, I want to install abc.rpm to /abc directory. How can I do that? Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beeloo
2 Replies

4. SuSE

How to install .src.rpm ? ( source rpm )

Hi, I have got few RPM's from rpmfind.net ( mainly gcc ). But it seems to be src files instead of the image. so I think we have to build the src files according to target machine using rpmbuild. Can any one help me with 1) Various options of rpm build that have to be taken care 2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sivaswami
3 Replies

5. Linux

where to edit yum or rpm packages to update

I am setting up a new server with the goal of porting a solaris server to centos. I want to compile some packages myself (ie) http, ssl, mysql, etc. The reason for this is the downloadable rpm packages are very old. I probably want to make sure the kernel is up to date, but the individual pages... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csross
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Remote installation of rpm package (Using YUM)

Hi, I have configured YUM repository on a server and we have 10 linux machine (clients). Is there any way we can install a package on all the 10 machines from YUM repository server? Please help me. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday123
7 Replies

7. Linux

Difference in binary file sizes after deploying package via yum/rpm

Hi Guys, I have an issue whereby I package up an rpm and when I deploy it, the binary filesizes differ from what I packaged up from the SOURCE directory. from source - -rwxrwxr-x 1 user group 685156 Sep 26 15:50 cybAgent.bin after install - -rwxr-xr-x 1 user group 683388 Oct 16 11:10... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gazza-o
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Yum gives error : filename does not end in .rpm.

Hi there /root #yum localinstall sg3_utils Loaded plugins: product-id, refresh-packagekit, subscription-manager Updating Red Hat repositories. Setting up Local Package Process Skipping: sg3_utils, filename does not end in .rpm. Nothing to do /root # above is the error /root... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: heman96
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Yum, rpm, apt-get install command not found in Solaris

I am using solaris 10 yum command not found apt-get install command not found rpm command not found how to use yum and apt-get command in solaris how to install dhcp, openldap-servers packages in solaris (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ainstin
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Installation of virt-manager while yum update and yum install rhvm does not work

I have downloaded RHEV-H 4.2 Red Hat Virtualization - Red Hat Customer Portal (RHVirtualization 4.2 Host and Manager iso). I uploaded the image and installed on an HP G9 server baremetal. I found I dont have a WAN/net connectivity later on HPG9 server. How can I still install virt-manager on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies
yum-list-data(1)														  yum-list-data(1)

NAME
yum list data plugin SYNOPSIS
yum [options] [command] [package ...] DESCRIPTION
This plugin extends yum for some commands that give aggregate package data based on lists of packages added yum commands are: * list-vendors * info-vendors * list-rpm-groups * info-rpm-groups * list-packagers * info-packagers * list-licenses * info-licenses * list-arches * info-arches * list-committers * info-committers * list-buildhosts * info-buildhosts * list-baseurls * info-baseurls * list-package-sizes * info-package-sizes * list-archive-sizes * info-archive-sizes * list-installed-sizes * info-installed-sizes * list-groups * info-groups all of which take the same arguments as the list and info yum commands. The difference between the list and info varieties is that the info versions lists all the packages under each aggregation. list-vendors, info-vendors Is used to list the aggregate of the vendor attribute on the packages, examples are "Fedora Project" and "Red Hat, Inc.". list-rpm-groups, info-rpm-groups Is used to list the aggregate of the group attribute on the packages, examples are "Applications/System", "Development/Tools" and "System Environment/Base" list-packagers, info-packagers Is used to list the aggregate of the packager attribute on the packages, examples are "Fedora Project" and "Red Hat, Inc.". list-licenses, info-licenses Is used to list the aggregate of the license attribute on the packages, examples are "GPL" and "MIT" list-arches, info-arches Is used to list the aggregate of the arch attribute on the packages, examples are "i386" and "x86_64" list-committers, info-committers Is used to list the aggregate of the committer attribute on the packages, this is taken from the most recent changelog entry of the package. list-buildhosts, info-buildhosts Is used to list the aggregate of the buildhost attribute on the packages, examples are "mybuilder.example.com" and "xen- builder1.fedora.redhat.com" list-baseurls, info-baseurls Is used to list the aggregate of the url attribute on the packages after discarding the path of the URL, examples are "http://yum.baseurl.org/" and "http://www.and.org/" list-package-sizes, info-package-sizes Is used to list the aggregate of specified ranges the packagesize attribute on the packages, examples are "[ 1B - 10KB ]" and "[ 750KB - 1MB ]". list-archive-sizes, info-archive-sizes Is used to list the aggregate of specified ranges the archivesize attribute on the packages, examples are "[ 1B - 10KB ]" and "[ 750KB - 1MB ]". list-installed-sizes, info-installed-sizes Is used to list the aggregate of specified ranges the installedsize attribute on the packages, examples are "[ 1B - 10KB ]" and "[ 750KB - 1MB ]". list-groups, info-groups Is used to list the aggregate of the yum groups that the packages are in, examples are in "yum grouplist". Note that in yum groups a package can be in more than one group at a time. It is worth noting that some of the above data can be "unknown", to yum, at which point a separate aggregation called "-- Unknown --" is listed. EXAMPLES
To list all the groups that have an update, along with the number of packages in each group, use: yum list-rpm-groups updates To list all the committers to packages that have yum in their name, use: yum list-committers 'yum*' To list ranges of the sizes of packages installed or available, use: yum list-package-sizes To list yum groups that have an update, use: yum list-groups SEE ALSO
yum-filter-data (1) yum (8) yum.conf (5) AUTHORS
James Antill <james.antill@redhat.com>. James Antill 04 February 2008 yum-list-data(1)