Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Menu with sub-menu options
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Menu with sub-menu options Post 302647813 by donadarsh on Tuesday 29th of May 2012 02:26:56 AM
Old 05-29-2012
correct this and try -
Code:
read -r filename ; find $filename"_"*.* -type f ! -name ".*" 2>errorlog

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing root menu options on Redaht

Hello all, I would like to change the options on the root menu when I use the middle button on a three mouse buttom setting. I can append to the menu but, I seem to be unable to find the lisp code for pop-root-menu. Does anyone know how to change this? THANKS ALL (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed with menu options

I'm programming a menu for an intro to unix class and am hung up on 2 required options. One has to exit from unix. The other has to get a command prompt by using one of the menu choices, then return to the menu via CTRL-D. below is my code #!/bin/ksh #Jimmy's happy menu mesg y msg="ON"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanitywonko
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

menu.lst, boot options?

Hi all, I would like to have some details on menu.lst!! the reason is ,if i am trying to add my own boot option where do i need to add it? is it in menu.lst only or elsewere(am referring to unix os) because i tried adding a unique boot option and it was not reflected when the system booted?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
8 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Menu Driven Shell Script which accepts1 to 5 options

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: 1) Write a Menu Driven Shell Script which accepts1 to 5 options and performs the following actions for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaghya
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows Advanced Options Menu

I dual boot between Windows XP and Linux Mint. I am trying to get the Windows Advanced Options Menu to show up. Normally you would press f8 to make this happen when your computer is booting. With a dual boot it makes it way more complicated. If you press f8 when your computer first starts it does... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl simple text menu with options

Hopefully I'm in the right place. Im new to the forums and linux! I'm looking to add a menu to my perl hangman game i have created. The menu will use user input for the desired option and then perform the operation indicated. I would like something along the lines of: Welcome to Hangman... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jahburmski
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in create menu with 3 sub menu using the case command

hi all i am a newbie to this is there any examples on creating a main menu with 3 sub menu main menu -> option a , b and c a menu -> option 1 ,2 and 3 b menu -> option 1 ,2 c menu -> option 1 ,2 i am getting headache as my code kept getting unexpected EOF ---------- Post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercm
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate the menu options using shell script

I have a menu option which will look as follows Select a menu option 1.change password 2.login as root user 3.show system version 4.quit Select> 1 please enter the new password: unix reenter the new password: unix press any key to enter (then displays again the menu options to enter the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivakumar6g
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to include menu based options in Shell script?

Hi Friends, I have a menu based tool which requires input/option to proceed further. How to make a shell script ? eg: menu looks like Get_data.sh to continue (y/n) : Here I need to key in "y" to proceed. I want to prepare a script which should consider option y. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Gnome 3.28.3 menu item dissapears under the system menu

I installed CentOS 8 with Gnome 3.28.2 and I noticed that the "switch user" menu item disappeared from under the system menu of Gnome classic (Both X11 & Wayland). I checked google and this problem seems to have a history going back several releases of Gnome. Unfortunately, I never found a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bodisha
1 Replies
menu_opts(3CURSES)					     Curses Library Functions						menu_opts(3CURSES)

NAME
menu_opts, set_menu_opts, menu_opts_on, menu_opts_off - menus option routines SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmenu -lcurses [ library... ] #include <menu.h> OPTIONS menu_opts(MENU *menu); int set_menu_opts(MENU *menu, OPTIONS opts); int menu_opts_on(MENU *menu, OPTIONS opts); int menu_opts_off(MENU *menu, OPTIONS opts); DESCRIPTION
Menu Options set_menu_opts() turns on the named options for menu and turns off all other options. Options are boolean values that can be OR-ed together. menu_opts_on() turns on the named options for menu; no other option is changed. menu_opts_off() turns off the named options for menu; no other option is changed. menu_opts() returns the current options of menu. The following values can be OR'd together to create opts. O_ONEVALUE Only one item can be selected from the menu. O_SHOWDESC Display the description of the items. O_ROWMAJOR Display the menu in row major order. O_IGNORECASE Ignore the case when pattern matching. O_SHOWMATCH Place the cursor within the item name when pattern matching. O_NONCYCLIC Make certain menu driver requests non-cyclic. RETURN VALUES
Except for menu_opts(), these routines return one of the following: E_OK The routine returned successfully. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error. E_POSTED The menu is already posted. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
curses(3CURSES), menus(3CURSES), attributes(5) NOTES
The header <menu.h> automatically includes the headers <eti.h> and <curses.h>. SunOS 5.11 31 Dec 1996 menu_opts(3CURSES)