Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can not open file
Operating Systems HP-UX Can not open file Post 302647669 by Scrutinizer on Monday 28th of May 2012 01:42:25 PM
Old 05-28-2012
This error message is probably coming from a read statement inside the .shar file. It probably writes a file somewhere that it tries to read afterwards.. Perhaps it tries to write in an tmp directory and there is not enough room, or perhaps one needs to be in user writeable directory before unshar'ing the file? You would need to look inside the .shar file to be sure...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file activity (open/closed) file descriptor info using KORN shell scripting

I am trying to find a way to check the current status of a file. Such as some cron job processes are dependent on the completion of others. if a file is currently being accessed / modified or simply open state I will wait until it is done being processed before attempting the next process on that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary Dunn
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to open a text file by double clicking on the file name in gtk+

how to open a text file by double clicking on the file name shown in a label widget in gtk+. thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
0 Replies

3. Programming

libRmath.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

% locate Rmath /m/backup/backup/lib/R/include/Rmath.h /usr/lib/R/include/Rmath.h % gcc -g -o stand stand.c -I/usr/lib/R/include/ -lRmath -lm % ./stand ./stand: error while loading shared libraries: libRmath.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory What's the trouble... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdbug
6 Replies

4. Programming

Some how the open(file,flag, acc) returns 0 and write to the screen, instead of the file ???

I am out of idea what to do to resolve the problem! I need to use the open(file, for.., access) function to write a file. Never have the situation like that: it is return 0 - zero. As a result all write(..) going to the screen! What the problem it could be? I do not even know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

cannot set user id: Resource temporarily unavailable (not open file/open process related)

First post, sorry to be a bother but this one has been dogging me. I have a process user (java application server) that trips a resource limit every couple weeks and need help finding what limit we're hitting. First, this is what's running: This is the error when jobs are run or the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katahdin
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

libodbc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

We are trying to install third party software on this unix server... Here is the error message we are getting... error while loading shared libraries: libodbc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory It seems like odbc driver is not installed... >rpm -q unixODBC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: govindts
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Before I delete any file in Unix, How can I check no open file handle is pointing to that file?

I know how to check if any file has a unix process using a file by looking at 'lsof <fullpath/filename>' command. I think using lsof is very expensive. Also to make it accurate we need to inlcude fullpath of the file. Is there another command that can tell if a file has a truely active... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

fatal: cannot open file `TNAME' for reading (No such file or directory)

Hi, I am running this command through a shell script and getting the error mentioned in the subject line: testing.awk -f x.txt TNAME My testing.awk file contains something like ++++++++++++++++++ #!/usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN{ TAB_NAME="INSERT_ONE_" ARGV ; } if ( $1=="JAM_ONE" &&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunwar
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie.. Find if a file exists and open, if not create the desired file..

Hey all, I'm brand new to script writing, I'm wanting to make a script that will ask for a file and then retrieve that file if it exists, and if it doesn't exist, create the file with the desired name, and I'm completely stuck.. so far.. #! bin/bash echo "Enter desired file" read "$file" if ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Byrang
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk can't open file; file merge attempt

Dear all, I have an AWK related issue. I have two data files; the first, FileA has fewer lines, the second, FileB has more. FileA is a subset of FileB . Both files are tab delimited. What I want to do? When the first two columns for FileA match the first two columns of FileB, I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: A_Human_Person
4 Replies
UNSHAR(1)						      General Commands Manual							 UNSHAR(1)

NAME
unshar - unpack a shar file SYNOPSIS
unshar [ options ] [ file ... ] DESCRIPTION
Unshar scans mail messages looking for the start of a shell archive. It then passes the archive through a copy of the shell to unpack it. It will accept multiple files. If no files are given, standard input is used. OPTIONS
Options have a one letter version starting with - or a long version starting with --. The exception is --help and --version, which does not have a short version. --version Print the version number of the program on standard output, then immediately exits. --help Print a help summary on standard output, then immediately exits. -d DIRECTORY --directory=DIRECTORY Change directory to DIRECTORY before unpacking any files. -c --overwrite Passed as an option to the shar file. Many shell archive scripts (including those produced by `shar' 3.40 and newer) accepts a -c argument to indicate that existing files should be overwritten. -e --exit-0 This option exists mainly for people who collect many shell archives into a single mail folder. With this option, `unshar' isolates each different shell archive from the others which have been put in the same file, unpacking each in turn, from the beginning of the file towards its end. Its proper operation relies on the fact that many shar files are terminated by a `exit 0' at the beginning of a line. Option -e is internally equivalent to -E "exit 0". -E STRING --split-at=STRING This option works like -e, but it allows you to specify the string that separates archives if `exit 0' isn't appropriate. For example, noticing that most `.signatures' have a `--' on a line right before them, one can sometimes use `--split-at=--' for splitting shell archives which lack the `exit 0' line at end. The signature will then be skipped altogether with the headers of the following message. -f --force The same as -c. SEE ALSO
shar(1) DIAGNOSTICS
Any message from the shell may be displayed. AUTHORS
The shar and unshar programs is the collective work of many authors. Many people contributed by reporting problems, suggesting various improvements or submitting actual code. A list of these people is in the THANKS file in the sharutils distribution. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnu-utils@gnu.org>. Please put sharutils in the subject line. It helps to spot the message. September 10, 1995 UNSHAR(1)