Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Integer expression expected
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Integer expression expected Post 302647663 by ganga39 on Monday 28th of May 2012 01:24:17 PM
Old 05-28-2012
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5 (Tikanga)
ya i got the bash shell

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer Expression Expected

Cannot figure out what the error is on line #10 I was trying to change my login prompt though I've success with that this shows up as well. Here's what I have (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moonunit
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

:integer expression expected

Hi, echo $i until || do read NUM if && ; then printf "$FBOLD\nInvalid number, please enter valid backup number: $FREG" fi done Getting below error : ./import_location.sh: line 234: [: : integer expression expected ./import_location.sh: line 234: [: :... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Integer Expression Expected!?!?

Ok, so I am beggining a script to factor the time difference from when a user logs on to current time but before I can even get too far I am getting the INTEGER EXPRESSION EXPECTED error. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? lhour=$(who | grep "$1" | cut -c30,31); lmin=$(who | grep "$1"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: losingit
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error: integer expression expected

root@server01 # df -h | grep /tmp | awk {'print $3}' 252M root@server01 # root@server01 # cat /usr/local/tmpchk.sh #!/bin/sh x=`df -h | grep /tmp | awk {'print $3}'` if ; then rm -fr /tmp/somefolder/ else echo "its small" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected

Newb here echo "$yesterdaysclose" echo "$close" if ; then echo "stocks moving up" elif ; then echo "stock is moving down" else echo "no change" fi seems to evaluate the floating decimal correctly however returns ./shellscript1.sh: line 17: [: : integer expression expected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harte
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, I have placed the script and running successfully on AIX However in Linux it throws integer expression expected Could some one please help me to fix this MaxThreshold4alert=`echo "$MaxCapacitycnt*(80/100)" |bc -l` echo $MaxThreshold4alert Error: 40.00000000000000000000: integer... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajothi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need some help with this if but then it says line 11: I don't know what I'm doing wrong (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: margg
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, I am getting the below error while comparing the month of a file to current month. I am using ls -lrth to get the month of that file and while using the if else condition i am getting the below error.. a1=`ls -lrth abc.txt | awk '{print substr($6,1,3)}'` This gives me the month from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hello , This is the piece of the code which is giving me trouble if ;then exit_proc "${SOURCEDIR}/${OUT_FILE} does not exists or not readable" 2 else word_count=`wc -l < ${SOURCEDIR}/$OUT_FILE` fi if ;then exit_proc "Word_count is more than allowed limit" 1 else... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sri3001
6 Replies
SPACEWALK-CHANNEL(8)						   Red Hat, Inc.					      SPACEWALK-CHANNEL(8)

NAME
spacewalk-channel - Subscribe to or unsubscribe system from channel. SYNOPSIS
spacewalk-channel [options] DESCRIPTION
spacewalk-channel allows you to subscribe to and unsubscribe from specified channels via the command line. A visit to the "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic" website isn't required. OPTIONS
-l, --list Print a list of channel(s) that you are currently subscribed to. -b, --base Print a base channel that you are currently subscribed to. -L, --available-channels Print a list of all available child channels. -a, --add You are subscribing system to given channel(s). You have to specify --user and --password. -r, --remove You are unsubscribing system to given channel(s). You have to specify --user and --password. -u, --user Your username used to register the system with and for Red Hat Network Classic, Red Hat Satellite or Spacewalk. If you do not enter this option and it is required, you will be prompted. -p, --password The password associated with the username specified with the --user option. This is an unencrypted password. If you do not enter this option and it is required, you will be prompted. -c, --channel Label of channel you want to subscribe to or unsubscribe from. Can be specified multiple times. -v, --verbose Print out successfull action. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. NOTE
The addition and removal of channels is mutually exclusive, please use the command twice. EXAMPLES
Subscribe to two channels: spacewalk-channel --add -c rhn-tools-rhel-i386-server-5 -c rhel-i386-server-vt-5 --user username --password password Unsubscribe from channel: spacewalk-channel --remove -c rhn-tools-rhel-i386-server-5 -c rhel-i386-server-vt-5 --user username --password password List subscribed channels: spacewalk-channel --list SEE ALSO
rhnplugin(8), rhn_register(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
Miroslav Suchy <msuchy@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009-2010 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2010 August 30 SPACEWALK-CHANNEL(8)