Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete the last line if match the string Post 302647585 by bmk on Monday 28th of May 2012 10:59:20 AM
Old 05-28-2012
Thanks lot,it's working fine...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: find match and delete the line above

I am searching a dhcpd.conf to find the hardware ethernet match, then once the match is found delete just the line above it. For example: testmachine.example { hardware ethernet 00:00:00:00:00:00; fixed address 192.168.1.100; next-server 192.168.1.101; filename "linux-install/pxelinux.0"; }... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete a line that does not match the pattern

hi, i am parsing a file, in that searching for lines those contains "$threadNo.Received message:" , if that line contains the required fields write them into a separate file other wise ignore them. i am using the following code,but it is printing all the lines , i dont want to rpint , please help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines line by match data 2 file.

i need to delete the lines is match from file data 1 & data 2 please help? data 1 4825307 4825308 4825248 4825309 4825310 4825311 4825336 data 2 4825248 0100362210 Time4Meal 39.00 41.73 MO & MT MT SMS 4825305 0100367565... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a string from input file and delete next three lines including the line contains string in xml

Hi, 1_strings file contains $ cat 1_strings /home/$USER/Src /home/Valid /home/Review$ cat myxml <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/Src"> <input 1/> <estimate value/> <somestring/> </projected> <few more lines > <projected value="some string" path="/home/$USER/check">... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greet_sed
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete line with match and previous line quoting/escaping problem

Hi folks, I've list of LDAP records in this format: cat cmmac.export.tmp2 dn: deviceId=0a92746a54tbmd34b05758900131136a506,ou=devices,ou=customer,ou=nl,o=upc cmmac: 00:13:11:36:a5:06 dn: deviceId=0a92746a62pbms4662299650015961cfa23,ou=devices,ou=customer,ou=nl,o=upc cmmac:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomas.polak
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Delete the exact match line from file

Hello All, I have following line and text file line =08 * * 3 /data/reports/bin/xyz.ksh -o customreports.com -f abc.sql -m xyz.com -c -g file:- abc.crontab 08 * * 3 /data/reports/bin/xyz.ksh -o customreports.com -f abc.sql -m xyz.com -c -g 06 * * 3 /data/reports/bin/xyz.ksh -o... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anyera
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk match on columns and delete line

Hi, I have a file like this a 1 2 b 2 2 c 2 3 d 4 5 f 5 6 output a 1 2 c 2 3 d 4 5 f 5 6 Basically, I want to delete the whole line if $2 and $3 are the same. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete line by pattern match in column

file: 1|12322|tow| 5|23422|pow| 6|23423|cow| 3|34324|how| deletelines: 12322 23423 My command to delete line while read NUM do awk -F"\|" '$2 !~ /`"$NUM"`/' file >file.back mv file.back file done<deletelines (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a string,delete the line and replace with new string in a file

Hi Everyone, I have a requirement in ksh where i have a set of files in a directory. I need to search each and every file if a particular string is present in the file, delete that line and replace that line with another string expression in the same file. I am very new to unix. Kindly help... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradhikshan
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete the previous line after pattern match?

Team, I am writing a shell script to perform few health checks of the system, where I need to delete the previous line in the text file after pattern match using sed (or) awk. Could you please help me out on this? For example, <td> <td style=color:green align=center> </td> </tr>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraj R
6 Replies
Tcl_StringMatch(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures						Tcl_StringMatch(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_StringMatch, Tcl_StringCaseMatch - test whether a string matches a pattern SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> int Tcl_StringMatch(str, pattern) int Tcl_StringCaseMatch(str, pattern, flags) ARGUMENTS
const char *str (in) String to test. const char *pattern (in) Pattern to match against string. May contain special characters from the set *?[]. int flags (in) OR-ed combination of match flags, currently only TCL_MATCH_NOCASE. 0 specifies a case-sensitive search. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This utility procedure determines whether a string matches a given pattern. If it does, then Tcl_StringMatch returns 1. Otherwise Tcl_StringMatch returns 0. The algorithm used for matching is the same algorithm used in the string match Tcl command and is similar to the algorithm used by the C-shell for file name matching; see the Tcl manual entry for details. In Tcl_StringCaseMatch, the algorithm is the same, but you have the option to make the matching case-insensitive. If you choose this (by passing TCL_MATCH_NOCASE), then the string and pattern are essentially matched in the lower case. KEYWORDS
match, pattern, string Tcl 8.5 Tcl_StringMatch(3)