Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Headers for kernel 2.6.26-2-xen-686 Post 302647527 by fpmurphy on Monday 28th of May 2012 09:13:50 AM
Old 05-28-2012
you can install it either via apt-get if you configure /etc/apt/sources.list to point to Lenny archives or you can download the .deb from Debian -- Packages or elsewhwere and use dpkg to install it.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

kernel-headers rpm

All, Does the (kernel-headers) rpm required for recompiling the Linux 2.6.11.6 kernel? Knowing that the base OS is RedHat 9 with kernel 2.4.20-8. (rpm -q kernel-headers) shows that it is not installed however (kernel-source) rpm is installed. If so, can you please provide from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Negm
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove text between headers while leaving headers intact

Hi, I'm trying to strip all lines between two headers in a file: ### BEGIN ### Text to remove, contains all kinds of characters ... Antispyware-Downloadserver.com (Germany)=http://www.antispyware-downloadserver.c om/updates/ Antispyware-Downloadserver.com #2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trones
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging of files with different headers to make combined headers file

Hi , I have a typical situation. I have 4 files and with different headers (number of headers is varible ). I need to make such a merged file which will have headers combined from all files (comman coluns should appear once only). For example - File 1 H1|H2|H3|H4 11|12|13|14 21|22|23|23... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marut_ashu
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Download kernel-uek-headers-2.6.32-100.28.5.el6.x86_64

i am in process to fullfill pre-requisites to install R12.1.1 on redhat 6.1 i have to install this rpm kernel-uek-headers-2.6.32-100.28.5.el6.x86_64 i could not find this in source media and not in some other place. please help me to install this rpm. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VMWare kernel headers not found

This is the error: http://imgur.com/1ywCKac I've tried Googling forever. I've tried this command: sudo apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r) It says the package is not found. Nothing works. Please help. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: plsbbg
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about /proc/acpi (Debian 7.2 w/ 3.2.0-4-686-pae kernel)

Hi everyone, I am running Debian Wheezy 7.2 with a 3.2.0-4-686-pae kernel. There are a couple of virtual files and directories in /proc I can't seem to find much information about. I am aware that some of them might be legacy, though. Anyway, here they are: acpi: according to this link, this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
2 Replies

7. Linux

Unload kernel module at boot time (Debian Wheezy 7.2, 3.2.0-4-686-pae kernel)

Hi everyone, I am trying to prevent the ehci_hcd kernel module to load at boot time. Here's what I've tried so far: 1) Add the following line to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf (as suggested here): 2) Blacklisted the module by adding the following string to 3) Tried to blacklist the module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
0 Replies
dpkg-scanpackages(1)						  dpkg utilities					      dpkg-scanpackages(1)

NAME
dpkg-scanpackages - create Packages index files SYNOPSIS
dpkg-scanpackages [option...] binary-dir [override-file [path-prefix]] > Packages DESCRIPTION
dpkg-scanpackages sorts through a tree of Debian binary packages and creates a Packages file, used by apt(8), dselect(1), etc, to tell the user what packages are available for installation. These Packages files are the same as those found on Debian archive sites and CD-ROMs. You might use dpkg-scanpackages yourself if making a directory of local packages to install on a cluster of machines. Note: If you want to access the generated Packages file with apt you will probably need to compress the file with bzip2(1) (generating a Packages.bz2 file) or gzip(1) (generating a Packages.gz file). apt ignores uncompressed Packages files except on local access (i.e. file:// sources). binary-dir is the name of the tree of the binary packages to process (for example, contrib/binary-i386). It is best to make this relative to the root of the Debian archive, because every Filename field in the new Packages file will start with this string. override-file is the name of a file to read which contains information about how the package fits into the distribution (it can be a com- pressed file); see deb-override(5). path-prefix is an optional string to be prepended to the Filename fields. If more than one version of a package is found only the newest one is included in the output. If they have the same version and only differ in architecture only the first one found is used. OPTIONS
-t, --type type Scan for *.type packages, instead of *.deb. -e, --extra-override file Scan file to find supplementary overrides (the file can be compressed). See deb-extra-override(5) for more information on its for- mat. -a, --arch arch Use a pattern consisting of *_all.deb and *_arch.deb instead of scanning for all debs. -m, --multiversion Include all found packages in the output. -M, --medium id-string Add an X-Medium field containing the value id-string. This field is required if you want to generate Packages.cd files for use by the multicd access method of dselect. -?, --help Show the usage message and exit. --version Show the version and exit. DIAGNOSTICS
dpkg-scanpackages outputs the usual self-explanatory errors. It also warns about packages that are in the wrong subdirectory, are dupli- cated, have a Filename field in their control file, are missing from the override file, or have maintainer substitutions which do not take effect. SEE ALSO
dpkg(1), dselect(1), deb-override(5), deb-extra-override(5), dpkg-scansources(1). Debian Project 2012-05-07 dpkg-scanpackages(1)