Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Debug perl script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Debug perl script Post 302647491 by jamie_123 on Monday 28th of May 2012 08:34:43 AM
Old 05-28-2012
Debug perl script

Hi,

I am trying to get squid up and running using a redirector process, and every time I try to load a web page, squid fails miserably.

Can some one with perl and squid knowledge take a look at these codes and tell if something is wrong here.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
#

$| = 1;

@endings = qw/ \.gif$ \.jpg$ \.jpeg$ \.png$ \.gz$ \.img$ \.tgz$ \.sit$ \.hqx$ \.image$ \.bin$ \.Z$ \.TAZ$ \.exe$ \.zip$ \.avi$ \.mov$ \.mp3$ \.mpg$ \.mpeg$ \.mov$ \.pkg$ \.wav$ \.dmg$ \.aiff$ \.pdf$ \.iso$ \.toast$ \.bz2$ \.js$ \.css$ /;
while (<>)
{
    ($url, $addr, $fqdn, $ident, $method) = m:(\S*) (\S*)/(\S*) (\S*) (\S*):;
        if ($method eq "GET")
        {
                $stop = 0;
                foreach $ending (@endings)
                {
                        if (($url =~ /$ending/i))
                        {
                                $stop = 1;
                                break;
                        }
                }
                if ($stop == 0)
                {
                        system("/opt/servers/squid_main/preget $url");
                }
        }
        print "\n";
}
# EOF

Code:
#!/bin/sh
#
# note: change 10.163.3.1:3129 to the IP and port of squid_back!
# also /tmp/targ must exist so wget stuff can be dropped there.
#
http_proxy="http://10.163.3.1:3129/"
export http_proxy
#echo "pregetting $1" >> /opt/data/squid_main/logs/myurls
wget -q --level=1 -nd  --directory-prefix=/tmp/targ/ -p "$1"
rm -rf /tmp/targ/* &
# EOF

I am trying to run the setup from here-
Code:
http://veloso.org/SquidConfig/SquidConfig.html

Thanks a lot.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

what's the debug command for perl scripts

Hi, Can you please let me know if there's any debug command for perl scripts like set -x for shell scripts (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dayanandra
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange net::SFTP Perl module debug entry

I installed Net::sftp on a solaris 8 server and I am able to successfully transfer files to the remote server. I am running the command out of a script with debug=1 on so I can see the verbose output. The last two lines of the debug output show it couldn't fsetstat, but I don't know what that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csgonan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

debug this script

echo "input time in hhmmss" read $st h=`echo $st | cut -c1-2` min=`echo $st | cut -c3-4` s=`echo $st | cut -c5-6` echo "input time in hhmmss" read $end h1=`echo $end | cut -c1-2` min1=`echo $end | cut -c3-4` s1=`echo $end | cut -c5-6` x= `expr $h /* 60 + $min` y= `expr $h1 /* 60 +... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek27
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: NET::FTP..>Debug Messages

HI All, NET::FTP->new($server, DEBUG=>1); I need to get all the Debug Messages in an array or a file.... Please suggest!! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: angad.makkar
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with debug the script

Hi, I have this script, searches and sets variables, then searches and sets more variables from multiple files. I'd need to debug it a bit. #!/bin/bash egrep $1 `find | grep MAGT` >/tmp/resRA-$$ thread=`sed -n '/{0x/ {s/^.*{0x\(*\).*/\1/p;q}' /tmp/resRA-$$` tag=`sed -n '/Tag=/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vitoriung
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: a way to see a sub code in debug mode: perl -de 0 ?

Is there a way to see or print a sub code? Sometime a sub could be already defined, but in the debug mode (so, interactively) it could be already out of screen. So, I would think about a way to check if the sub is defined (just 'defined' is not a problem) and how it is defined. Also, if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Debug script already running

Hello, is it possible to debug a script that is already running "on-demand"? Somehow a command like "set -x" but once you've executed the script. And another one to disable debugging? Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: asanchez
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging perl and shell debug mode.

I have a shell program which calls a perl program. I am running the shell program with command; $ ksh -x <prog_name> Inside the shell program, I am calling perl with warnings. I want to capture the entire output as it comes on screen. The command I tried is: $ ksh -x... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Debug Stepping Answering Questions

I am new to perl and want to get a little better understanding of debugging code in perl. I have a perl script that has questions to be answered like: he following PERL modules are recommended: Crypt::DES Crypt::PasswdMD5 IO::Pty Net::Write::Layer2 String::CRC32 Attempt to install... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Debug script

How can I debug this script? I want to know what it is doing or not doing? #!/bin/bash # # if ; then # Do the thing you want before suspend here echo "we are suspending." > /tmp/systemd_suspend_test.txt elif ; then # Do the thing you want after resume here echo "and we are... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
21 Replies
SQUIDGUARD(1)						     SquidGuard documentation						     SQUIDGUARD(1)

NAME
squidGuard - Filter and redirector plugin for Squid and Squid3 SYNOPSIS
squidGuard [-u] [-C block]> [-b] [-t time] [-c file] [-d] [-P] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
squidGuard is flexible and ultra fast filter, redirector and access controller plugin for squid. It lets you define multiple access rules with different restrictions for different user groups on a squid cache. squidGuard uses squid's standard redirector interface. OPTIONS
-u Update .db files from .diff files. -C file|all Create new .db files from urls/domain files, which are specified in "file". -b Switch on progress bar when updating the blacklists. -t time Specify startup time in the format: yyyy-mm-ddTHH:MM:SS -c file Load alternate config file. -d Send all errors to stderr. -P Do not go into emergency mode when an error with blacklists is encountered. -v Show version number. -h Show the short help. COPYRIGHT and LICENSE Copyright (c) 1999 Tele Danmark InterNordia, Oslo, Norway Copyright (c) 2006-2011 Shalla Secure Services, Gauting, Germany This package is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License version 2 can be found in `/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2'. AUTHOR
squidguard was written by Pal Baltzersen and Lars Erik Haland. This manual page was written by Joachim Wiedorn <ad_debian at joonet.de> for the Debian project (and may be used by others). SEE ALSO
update-squidguard(1), squid(8), sgclean(1), hostbyname(1) Version 1.5 2012-04-20 SQUIDGUARD(1)