Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed with find command Post 302647411 by ygemici on Monday 28th of May 2012 06:40:13 AM
Old 05-28-2012
change the find cmd
Code:
find /backup/test1/LogFiles/ -type f -name "$filename"_*.* 2>errorlog

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help on find with chmod.. urgent help needed

Hello to all Unix gurus.. I am writing a generic script which takes the options of unix command as input and concatenate all the pieces and forms a complete executable command. I am getting an error with the following command as I am resetting my own permission on the root directory. When the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdlayeeq
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and Replace code help needed

I have a file "dbshot.xml" that contains lines that need replacing in a batch format but the parameters are based on two lines. Ex. <role roletype="01"> <status>1 needs to be changed to <role roletype="01"> <status>0 I can't use simply "<status>1" replace since the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: E Orgill
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and Remove help needed!!!!

thank you for the help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scooter17
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FIND and REMOVE HELP NEEDED!!!

Hello, I am aware of that Find command finds certain files and remove command removes certain files. However, is there a way to Find certain DIRECTORY and remove that DIRECTORY? thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scooter17
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find explantion needed

Dear Experts, please can any body help me to explain the below commants in detail what exactly its doing what we mean by -mtime +2 and -exec and rm{}; find /home/data/ab.200* -mtime +2 -exec rm {} \; Regards, SHARY (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed with find command

Hi Guys, Can someone help with this. I have to find out a file name which calls the following sql script "abhishek_to_sdw.sql". In other words it contains a pattern like "abhishek_to_sdw.sql". I have found out using "find" command that the file abhishek_to_sdw.sql is existing on the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: max29583
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed with find command

Hi, I'm a complete noobie at UNIX and have hit a problem. I'm using the 'Talend' ETL tool to try and extract flat files from UNIX on a weekly basis. The dates are maintained in a control table and the appropriate folder has been mounted. I am using a component in 'Talend' which enable... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: markee
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find/mail help needed

so I saved a mail message of mine to a new dir/file My question is how do I find the path to my file containing my saved email from my home dir prompt in unix? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drew211
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find with prune option help needed

Hello, I am using ksh93 (/usr/dt/bin/dtksh) on Solaris and am stuck when trying to use find with the -prune option. I need to search a directory (supplied in a variable) for files matching a certain pattern, but ignore any sub-directories. I have tried: find ${full_path_to_dir_to_search}... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gary_w
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed - find command for recursive search

Hi All I have a requirement to find the file that are most latest to be modified in each directory. Can somebody help with the command please? E.g of the problem. The directory A is having sub directory which are having subdirectory an so on. I need a command which will find the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudeep.id
2 Replies
fslint-gui(1)							   User Commands						     fslint-gui(1)

NAME
fslint-gui - A GUI wrapper for the individual fslint command line tools SYNOPSIS
fslint-gui [OPTIONS] [PATHS] DESCRIPTION
fslint is a toolset to find various problems with filesystems, including duplicate files and problematic filenames etc. Individual command line tools are available in addition to the GUI and to access them, one can change to, or add to $PATH the /usr/share/fslint/fslint directory on a standard install. Each of these commands in that directory have a --help option which further details its parameters. findup - find DUPlicate files findnl - find Name Lint (problems with filenames) findu8 - find filenames with invalid utf8 encoding findbl - find Bad Links (various problems with symlinks) findsn - find Same Name (problems with clashing names) finded - find Empty Directories findid - find files with dead user IDs findns - find Non Stripped executables findrs - find Redundant Whitespace in files findtf - find Temporary Files findul - find possibly Unused Libraries zipdir - Reclaim wasted space in ext2 directory entries PARAMETERS
If [PATHS] are specified, they become the default search path, otherwise the current directory becomes the default. --version Display the fslint version and exit --help Display help for tool specific options AUTHOR
Written by Padraig Brady REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <P@draigBrady.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2009 Padraig Brady <P@draigBrady.com>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details, which is available at www.gnu.org fslint July 2009 fslint-gui(1)