Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract a substring using SED/AWK Post 302647383 by balajesuri on Monday 28th of May 2012 06:03:40 AM
Old 05-28-2012
Code:
echo "XYZ[1.2.3]" | perl -ne '(/(.+?)\[(.+?)\]/) && print "name=$1\nversion=$2\n"'

This User Gave Thanks to balajesuri For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed, grep, awk, regex -- extracting a matched substring from a file/string

Ok, I'm stumped and can't seem to find relevant info. (I'm not even sure, I might have asked something similar before.): I'm trying to use shell scripting/UNIX commands to extract URLs from a fairly large web page, with a view to ultimately wrapping this in PHP with exec() and including the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ropers
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract using sed/awk - need help? Please!!

Need help..not sure how to use with awk or sed I want to take data from the notification.$$ file and assign the data to variable "group". Not sure how to do it. The data I want to extract from the notification.$$ is on the first line of the file ..right after the (notice): NetWorker... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gzs553
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Awk in shell script to extract an index of a substring from a parent string

Hi All, I am new to this shell scripting world. Struck up with a problem, can anyone of you please pull me out of this. Requirement : Need to get the index of a substring from a parent string Eg : index("Sandy","dy") should return 4 or 3. My Approach : I used Awk function index to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepms17
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed extract substring on (OS X)

On OS 10.4.11 I have filenames like: 670711 SA T2 v1-1_DS_EF.doc CT_670520 AM T1 v1-2_DS_EF.doc CT_670716 - 2 SA T4 v1-2_DS_EF.doc CT_670713 SA T3 v1-1_DS_EF.doc 670421 PA DYP1 v1-1_DS_EF.doc CT_670425 PA DYP2 v1-1_DS_EF.doc CT_670107 RA T3 v1-2_DS_EF.doc CT_670521 AM T2 v1-2_DS_EF.doc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlommel
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract some characters with SED or AWK

Hi, I have the following example string: today_is_a_good_day.txt The character "_" inside the string can sometimes be more or less. The solution for every string equal the count of "_" should be alway the rest after the last underline character. Result: day.txt I want to use awk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: climber
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using sed to extract a substring at end of line

This is the line that I am using: sed 's/^*\({3}*$\)/\1 /' <test.txt >results.txt and suppose that test.txt contains the following lines: http://www.example.com/200904/AUS.txt http://www.example.com/200903/_RUS.txt http://www.example.com/200902/.FRA.txt What I expected to see in results.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring using sed or awk

I am trying to get a substring from a string stored in a variable. I tried sed with a bit help from this forum, but not successful. Here is my problem. My string is: "REPLYFILE=myfile.txt" And I need: myfile.txt (everything after the = symbol). My string is: "myfile.txt.gz.20091120.enc... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamjam10k
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring using cut/awk/sed

Hi Gurus,I have a seemingly simple problem but struggling with it.It is as follows : I/p string - ABCDEFGHIJ20100909.txt desired o/p - AB,DEF,20100909,ABCDEFGHIJ20100909.txt How to achieve it ?Thanks in advance. Please use code tags, thank you (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumoka
20 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed, awk or perl to remove substring of all lines except the first

Greetings All, I would like to find all occurences of a pattern and delete a substring from the all matching lines EXCEPT the first. For example: 1234::group:user1,user2,user3,blah1,blah2,blah3 2222::othergroup:user9,user8 4444::othergroup2:user3,blah,blah,user1 1234::group3:user5,user1 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacksolm
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk/sed HTML extract

I'm extracting text between table tags in HTML <th><a href="/wiki/Buick_LeSabre" title="Buick LeSabre">Buick LeSabre</a></th> using this: awk -F "</*th>" '/<\/*th>/ {print $2}' auto2 > auto3 then this (text between a href): sed -e 's/\(<*>\)//g' auto3 > auto4 How to shorten this into one... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: p1ne
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)