Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create subfolder within folder in one command Post 302647317 by lalitpct on Monday 28th of May 2012 04:18:39 AM
Old 05-28-2012
Create subfolder within folder in one command

suppose if i am checking folder g as shown below path
a/b/c/d/e/f/g ,and some directory c,d,e,f,g not present then is there anyway to create directory in one command
or i need to use mkdir for everyfolder

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a subfolder one by one in parent folder?

Hi friends, I am getting some trubles in folder reading. I am having 10 subfolders inside server7 folder. i wanna to read a subfolder name first and check if the foldername gets started with "http". if so , i need to read a file inside that folder. This willl continue for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamatchirajan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to view folder subfolder and its capacity

Can any one tell how to view folder and subfolder with its capacity df -k will cannot be used it shows only the parent folder while du -k will show all subfolder and files but not show the capacity and also i dont want view any files Thank you!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shivu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create folder and sub-folder in UNIX ?

Hi all, I have the following code to check the whether the folder is exist in my system. if ; then echo 'folder exist'; else echo 'folder not exist'; mkdir /home/batch/testing ; fi When I remove the "testing" folder from "/home/batch" directory, the code is working fine. But when I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suigion
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Link multiple files from different subfolder to a new subfolder

Hi, I have the following subfolder with files: /data/a/1/xxx.txt /data/b/2/yyy.txt /data/c/3/zzz.txt And i have a set of new folders which have exactly the same structure as above but different disk without the files: /data_02/a/1/ /data_02/b/2/ /data_02/c/3/ Now i would like to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: total_ysf
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to create a command that would print files only from 1 folder

Hi there how to create a command in csh that would print files only from 1 folder but as an argument takes home directory for e.g. in my home diecrtory I have 3 folders unix, windows,mac and alot of files. and I running the program as ./op ~ this should return me files from unix folder without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FUTURE_EINSTEIN
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

create t a filelist with the latest file by YYYYMMDD and move to subfolder

Hi all, I am receiving files named like: ABC_20120730.csv ABC_20120801.csv ABC_20120812.csv They are residing in a folder named Incoming. I am supposed to write a script that will create a filelist which will contain only the name of the latest file beginning with ABC_, by YYYYMMDD... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedrick
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

List of files in a folder inclusive subfolder

Hi, I need to list the names of existing files in a specific folder. I have written a script for that, but the problem is, it is also picking up name of a subfolder that is there in that folder. I need only the list of files and not that subfolder. How to go about that ? Can anyone plz help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subhasis
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in finishing a bash script for listing subfolder by size in a large folder

Greetings everyone. I have seen that you do wonders here. I have a large folder on a Ubuntu linux. Organization main folder, inside 20 000 subfolders, and inside those subolders many other like 5-6 folders and files. I am interested to create an output to a txt file under the bash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimo
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a shared folder using acl

Hello. I need some help to create a shared folder. A group 'publicuser' has been created. A user 'publicuser' has been created ( no login, no home) and belongs to group 'publicuser'. A public folder '/doc' has been created and owner is publicuser:publicuser. All users belonging to group... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for Shell script to move files from Subfolder to Parent folder and delete sub folder

Hi Team, I am new to shell script and there is a requirement where files should be moved from Subfolder to parent folder. Eg: parent folder --> /Interface/data/test/IN Sub folder -->/Interface/data/test/IN/Invoice20180607233338 Subfolder will be always with timestamp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivarun15
6 Replies
explain_mkdir_or_die(3) 				     Library Functions Manual					   explain_mkdir_or_die(3)

NAME
explain_mkdir_or_die - create a directory and report errors SYNOPSIS
#include <libexplain/mkdir.h> void explain_mkdir_or_die(const char *pathname); DESCRIPTION
The explain_mkdir_or_die function is used to call the mkdir(2) system call. On failure an explanation will be printed to stderr, obtained from explain_mkdir(3), and then the process terminates by calling exit(EXIT_FAILURE). This function is intended to be used in a fashion similar to the following example: explain_mkdir_or_die(pathname); pathname The pathname, exactly as to be passed to the mkdir(2) system call. Returns: This function only returns on success. On failure, prints an explanation and exits. SEE ALSO
mkdir(2) create a directory explain_mkdir(3) explain mkdir(2) errors exit(2) terminate the calling process COPYRIGHT
libexplain version 0.52 Copyright (C) 2008 Peter Miller explain_mkdir_or_die(3)