Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users [Solved] Capture network disconnect or hung case Post 302647287 by vibhor_agarwali on Monday 28th of May 2012 03:05:34 AM
Old 05-28-2012
It was pretty simple.
Just caught the SIGHUP & cleaned up the lock.

So many signals in UNIX.
Thanks for the help Smilie
This User Gave Thanks to vibhor_agarwali For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

How to capture network traffic

Hi, Can someone give me the clue on how to capture network traffic at gateway. Thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
2 Replies

2. AIX

Capture Network Packets from AIX

Hi, I am using smitty to create and configure a print queue. I am giving a print of a text file to the print queue created. I am using this in network. How to capture network packets of the print from AIX to the printer and printer to AIX. I tried Wireshark to capture network packets. I am... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
16 Replies

3. HP-UX

ssh session getting hung (smilar to hpux telnet session is getting hung after about 15 minutes)

Our network administrators implemented some sort of check to kill idle sessions and now burden is on us to run some sort of keep alive. Client based keep alive doesn't do a very good job. I have same issue with ssh. Does solution 2 provided above apply for ssh sessions also? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoda9691
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Changing to upper case in csh

How can I change a string contained in a variable to upper case using csh ??? ---------- Post updated at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:29 AM ---------- I think I've got it, using tr has solved the problem set opt = ` echo $opt | tr "" "" ` (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Change Upper case to Lower case in C shell

Is there a command that can switch a character variable from UPPER case to lower case? like foreach AC ( ABC BCD PLL QIO) set ac `COMMAND($AC)` ... end Thanks a lot! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockytodd
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disconnect scripts

I think I read that by entering "disconnect <script_name>" somewhere in pppd, that when ppp connection is lost that the named script will be executed. I also see that something similar can be (if I read correctly) in ip-down. Which is correct or are both correct. I want to set off the system... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Command Substitution and Variable Expansion within a Case

Hello All, I don't write scripts very often, and in this case I am stumped, although it may be a bug in the version of bash I have to use (it's not my system). I want to extract a specific string snippet from a block of text (coming from a log file) that is dependent on a bunch of other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaimielives
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

[SOLVED] Wireless Network Setup

Hi, I am trying to set up a wireless internet connection on my centos OS (6). I can connect via the copper using the internal LAN but cannot get the wireless connection working. The 2 files that I have configured are: My wpa_supplicant.conf: ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Strange Problem in case statement while shift

Hi, Here is my code as below: test.ksh: ======= #!/bin/ksh option="${1}" while do case $1 in -f) FILE="${2}" echo "File name is $FILE" ;; -d) DIR="${2}" echo "Dir name is $DIR" ;; -*) echo "`basename ${0}`:usage: | " (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaq1xsw2
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect once db disconnect after all execution

Hi All, Please see the below code. it is working fine when in 'test_file' have only one emplid. test_file contains only emplid and date, like below ... 0000221|1/12/2003 0000223|1/1/1996 Problem :- when test_file contains more then one records(emplids) it is not giving any errors... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
3 Replies
DISLOCATE(1)						      General Commands Manual						      DISLOCATE(1)

NAME
Dislocate - disconnect and reconnect processes SYNOPSIS
dislocate [ program args... ] INTRODUCTION
Dislocate allows processes to be disconnected and reconnected to the terminal. Possible uses: o You can disconnect a process from a terminal at work and reconnect from home, to continue working. o After having your line be dropped due to noise, you can get back to your process without having to restart it from scratch. o If you have a problem that you would like to show someone, you can set up the scenario at your own terminal, disconnect, walk down the hall, and reconnect on another terminal. o If you are in the middle of a great game (or whatever) that does not allow you to save, and someone else kicks you off the ter- minal, you can disconnect, and reconnect later. USAGE
When run with no arguments, Dislocate tells you about your disconnected processes and lets you reconnect to one. Otherwise, Dislocate runs the named program along with any arguments. By default, ^] is an escape that lets you talk to Dislocate itself. At that point, you can disconnect (by pressing ^D) or suspend Dislo- cate (by pressing ^Z). Any Tcl or Expect command is also acceptable at this point. For example, to insert the contents of a the file /etc/motd as if you had typed it, say: send -i $out [exec cat /etc/motd] To send the numbers 1 to 100 in response to the prompt "next #", say: for {set i 0} {$i<100} {incr i} { expect -i $in "next #" send -i $out "$i " } Scripts can also be prepared and sourced in so that you don't have to type them on the spot. Dislocate is actually just a simple Expect script. Feel free to make it do what you want it to do or just use Expect directly, without going through Dislocate. Dislocate understands a few special arguments. These should appear before any program name. Each should be sep- arated by whitespace. If the arguments themselves takes arguments, these should also be separated by whitespace. The -escape flag sets the escape to whatever follows. The default escape is ^]. CAVEATS
This program was written by the author as an exercise to show that communicating with disconnected processes is easy. There are many fea- tures that could be added, but that is not the intent of this program. SEE ALSO
Tcl(3), libexpect(3) "Exploring Expect: A Tcl-Based Toolkit for Automating Interactive Programs" by Don Libes, O'Reilly and Associates, January 1995. AUTHOR
Don Libes, National Institute of Standards and Technology 7 October 1993 DISLOCATE(1)