Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix script to create a backup on a remote computer Post 302647077 by 14th on Sunday 27th of May 2012 06:56:24 AM
Old 05-27-2012
will it be same with `create a backup script on remote computer > run ssh from local computer to remote computer > run backup script on remote computer`?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

transferring files to and from remote computer

Hi all, i first have to ssh into my university account and then through there another ssh into my office computer, from my home computer. I have been trying to transfer files to and from with no such luck. How do i send a file from home to my office computer. Do I have to send it to my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogi1
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying files from remote computer

hi, i want to copy files from a remote computer in a network to a specific directory on my PC. ( script ) Forexample , IP of the remote PC is 172.16.5.24 login:aaaa Passw:123 /folder1/file1.txt to my pc folder /fd/awa.txt kinldy help Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krabu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy file from script file to remote computer

hi, i want copy one or group of file from a computer to others, but i have some problem that do not allow me to do this. i do this by scp command like this : scp <file name> root@cpName:destinationAddress but the problem is that it do not it automatically. it means when it is connecting to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MShirzadi
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access a remote computer using perl

Dear all, Where can i find documentation on how to access a remote computer using a perl script? I search to the internet but i can not find something straightforward to this issue. Which is the easiest way to do that? What i would like to do is to access a remote computer access a directory... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

loggin remote computer as a super user.

hello all, can i loggin remote computer as a super user(i know root user/passwd) and change his access controlle list. if yes please tell me how to do it, i am new to linux. thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zius_oram
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

currenlty logged in user on remote computer

Hello everyone Does anyone know, if there is a command that tells you who is logged in on remote host? I'm ssh-ing as root to the remote host and then run whoami but that doesn't tells me who is logged in that particular computer instead shows my remote login. Is there a way to do that?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goude
2 Replies

7. AIX

backup script failed with error '0403-005 Cannot create the specified file'

In AIX 5.1, a daily run script that backing up oracle data failed yesterday with following errors: The Tivoli backup of DBPROD failed. What could be the issue, OS, backup or Oracle? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalite19
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a simple shell script to backup

Hello - I am in process of deleting many files which are older than 4 weeks. For example I am inside: /subsystem/prod/ Files are with various extentions, but anything older than 4 weeks should be deleted. What would be the most simplest script to acheive this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
4 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Create a simple bash backup script of a file

This is the problem: Write a script that will make a backup of a file giving it a ‘.bak’ extension & verify that it works. I have tried a number of different scripts that haven't worked and I haven't seen anything really concise and to the point via google. For brevity's sake this is one of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: demet8
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Triggering remote UNIX shell script from Remote desktop

I m trying to run a batch script in remote desktop which executes unix commands on the unix server...the problem is i wnt the output in HTML format.so in my batch script i m giving the cmd like ssh hostname path ksh HC_Report.ksh>out.html ...but it generates the HTML file in remote desktop .i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsan
2 Replies
CD-HIT-2D-PARA.PL(1)						   User Commands					      CD-HIT-2D-PARA.PL(1)

NAME
cd-hit-2d-para.pl - divide a big clustering job into pieces to run cd-hit-2d or cd-hit-est-2d jobs SYNOPSIS
cd-hit-2d-para.pl options DESCRIPTION
This script divide a big clustering job into pieces and submit jobs to remote computers over a network to make it parallel. After all the jobs finished, the script merge the clustering results as if you just run a single cd-hit-2d or cd-hit-est-2d. You can also use it to divide big jobs on a single computer if your computer does not have enough RAM (with -L option). Requirements: 1 When run this script over a network, the directory where you run the scripts and the input files must be available on all the remote hosts with identical path. 2 If you choose "ssh" to submit jobs, you have to have passwordless ssh to any remote host, see ssh manual to know how to set up passwordless ssh. 3 I suggest to use queuing system instead of ssh, I currently support PBS and SGE 4 cd-hit-2d cd-hit-est-2d cd-hit-div cd-hit-div.pl must be in same directory where this script is in. Options -i input filename for 1st db in fasta format, required -i2 input filename for 2nd db in fasta format, required -o output filename, required --P program, "cd-hit-2d" or "cd-hit-est-2d", default "cd-hit-2d" --B filename of list of hosts, requred unless -Q or -L option is supplied --L number of cpus on local computer, default 0 when you are not running it over a cluster, you can use this option to divide a big clustering jobs into small pieces, I suggest you just use "--L 1" unless you have enough RAM for each cpu --S Number of segments to split 1st db into, default 2 --S2 Number of segments to split 2nd db into, default 8 --Q number of jobs to submit to queue queuing system, default 0 by default, the program use ssh mode to submit remote jobs --T type of queuing system, "PBS", "SGE" are supported, default PBS --R restart file, used after a crash of run -h print this help More cd-hit-2d/cd-hit-est-2d options can be speicified in command line Questions, bugs, contact Weizhong Li at liwz@sdsc.edu cd-hit-2d-para.pl 4.6-2012-04-25 April 2012 CD-HIT-2D-PARA.PL(1)