Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change in last line of each part of a file Post 302646833 by pravin27 on Saturday 26th of May 2012 01:02:15 AM
Old 05-26-2012
How about perl ?
Code:
perl -pe '$/=undef;s/\(\"\\344\"\)(.*?)(\n\s*end;)/\(\"\\344\\006\"\)$1$2/mg;' filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with multiple file rename - change case of part of file name

Hi there, I hope someone can help me with this problem : I have a directory (/var/www/file/imgprofil) which contains about 10000 JPG files. They have a naming convention thus : prefix-date-key-suffix.jpg they all have the prefix p-20050608- then AAAA is a 4 letter code the suffix is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve7
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to change file contents line by line

Hi, I'm struggling to write a script to do the following, -will go through each line in the file -in a specific character positions, changes the value to a new value -These character positions are fixed througout the file ----------------------- e.g.: file1.sh will have the following 3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vini99
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

change part of a line with sed

Hi gurus, I'd like to change this complete line on a file: BAN_COMMAND="/etc/apf/apf -d $ATTACK_HOST {bfd.$MOD}" to this one: BAN_COMMAND="/sbin/iptables -A INPUT -s $ATTACK_HOST -j DROP" I've tried a lot without any successful . :( thanks in advance Israel. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a string in a text file and posting part of the line

What would be the most succinct way of doing this (preferably in 1 line, maybe 2): searching the first 10 characters of every line in a text file for a specific string, and if it was found, print out characters 11-20 of the line on which the string was found. In this case, it's known that there... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: busdude
13 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making replicates of a file with part of a line randomized for each file

Ok, so let's say that I have a file like the following: I want to create 100 replicates of this file, except that for each file, I want different randomized combinations of either A or B at the end of each line so that I would end up with files like the following: and etc. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Scatterbrain26
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Printing a part of the last line of the specific part of a file

Hi, I have 80 large files, from which I want to get a specific value to run a Bash script. Firstly, I want to get the part of a file which contains this: Name =A xxxxxx yyyyyy zzzzzz aaaaaa bbbbbb Value = 57 This is necessary because in a file there are written more lines which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script - Replace just part of a single line in a file.....

Hey guy's.... I new here, But im working on a school project, and I am not really good at programming. In fact, this is the only programming class that I need because programming is not what I am majoring in. But I have everything done in this shell script except for this last part..... ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hxdrummerxc
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading text file, comparing a value in a line, and placing only part of the line in a variable?

I need some help. I would like to read in a text file. Take a variable such as ROW-D-01, compare it to what's in one line in the text file such as PROD/VM/ROW-D-01 and only input PROD/VM into a variable without the /ROW-D-01. Is this possible? any help is appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xChristopher
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep a part of a line from a file

Hi, I have a file with thousands of lines as below INSERT INTO T_DIM_CLNT(CLNT_KY,CLNT_OBJ_ID,ISI_CLNT_ID,OPERN_ID,CLNT_NM,PRMRY_SIC_CD,PRMRY_SIC_DSC,RET_AGE_NBR,REC_CRT_TS,REC_DATA_EXTRC_TS,ETL_LOG_KY) VALUES ( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakar T
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a part of variable/line content in a file

I have a variable and assigned the following values ***XYZ_201519_20150929140642_20150929140644_211_0_0_211 I need to read this variable from backward and stop read when I get first underscore (_) In this scenario I should get 211 Thanks Kris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkris
3 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)