Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 32 bit app on aix 6.1
Operating Systems AIX 32 bit app on aix 6.1 Post 302646797 by zxmaus on Friday 25th of May 2012 06:43:02 PM
Old 05-25-2012
Quote:
After putting these entries application starts working ...
Why do they still feel the need to do anything if it works now

Running a 32bit OS on p7 doesn't sound like a reasonable idea to me and AIX 6.1 is pretty well downwards compatible when you are opening the shared memory section

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX 5.3 , gensyms command, translate 32 bit addr to 64 bit addr

I am trying to map the information from the gensyms command, Its gives information about the various symbols info like symbol type, addr offset, and the main libraries addr starting point. My problem is , how do I map this 32 bit addr to a 64 bit addr, I am trying to extract Segment # information... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmeswani
0 Replies

2. AIX

pthread library on AIX 5.3 64 bit

Hi, I am running my application on two AIX 5.3 64 bit boxes. In one of the boxes it is running fine without any problems. But on the other box it fails as soon as it is started and it core dumps. When I was analysing the core I was able to find the below two lines in addition to other... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: allthanksquery
4 Replies

3. Programming

AIX 5.3 64-bit program crashes with AIX 5.1

I have an AIX 64-bit program which uses following from AIX5.3 /usr/lib/libc.a(shr_64.o) /usr/lib/libpthread.a(shr_xpg5_64.o) /home/jeet_xp/export/power/usr/lib/libsarpc.a(shr.o) /unix /usr/lib/libcrypt.a(shr_64.o) /usr/lib/libc_r.a(shr_64.o) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeet_xp
3 Replies

4. AIX

porting an application on 64-bit AIX version 5

Hi all, I am facing problem in porting to 64 bit AIX especially with compiling options to compile and run under 64 bit kernel.Can any one put some light on the issue thanks in advance vishal (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishalzone2002
14 Replies

5. AIX

Compiling 32 bit app on 64 bit kernal

I've been trying to compile an application that works on AIX 5L in 32 bit mode on an AIX 5L 64 bit mode machine. In doing so I get a lot of undefined symbol errors. Below is a sample of what the output looks like..... %make -f makefile_hl7 all cc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: morrisey
3 Replies

6. AIX

AIX OS bit info

Hi All, How do i find a bit info whether 32 bit or 64 bit of AIX operating system? Please help R (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tenderfoot
6 Replies

7. Web Development

Problems writing app that will communicate with gateway(newbie,last bit of project)

Hi all, Im writing an app that will contact a specified gateway and retrieve info onto our server and perform manipulations on it then return the result back to the gateway for further operations... But I'm a newbie and dont have much of an experience in network programming... Would like to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
0 Replies

8. AIX

AIX 6.1 app running on 5.x?

Hi, A quick question. If I build an application on AIX 6.1 TL3 using XL C/C++ 8.0 and Oracle 10g, can I then take those binaries and run them on AIX 5.3 and previous? Regards Kevin (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KevB
3 Replies

9. AIX

Help with AIX XL C++ complier: app exit before main program

I have two shared libraries, A, B(B depents on A, both linked with -G option which means they're rtl enable), B's toc size is bigger than 64K(-bbigtoc), while A's toc size smaller than 64K. Then I write a "Hello, world" example E, and link with A and B. Link cmd 1: xlC128_r -o E E.o -lA -lB... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackliang
0 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Controlling AIX processes remotely using a NET app on a Windows server?

I have a .NET application that remotely starts, stops, and gets status of Windows services and scheduled tasks. I would like to add the capability of starting, stopping, and getting status of remote AIX applications also. Based on some preliminary research, one option may be to use 3rd party .NET... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: auser1
0 Replies
memlockd(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       memlockd(8)

NAME
memlockd - daemon to lock files in memory with mlock SYNOPSIS
memlockd [ -c config-file ] [ -d ] [ -f ] [ -u user ] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the memlockd command. It is used to lock system programs and config files in memory so that if a DOS attack is experienced then the chance of the sys-admin regaining control of the system in a reasonable amount of time (and therefore having a reasonable chance of discovering the cause of the problem) is significantly increased. OPTIONS
The -c option is used to specify the fully-qualified path name to a config file that lists the names of files to lock, if the config file is not specified then it will default to /etc/memlockd.cfg. In any situation where a config file is used a directory can be used instead, for a directory every file ending in ".cfg" will be processed. The -d option specifies debugging mode, the program will not fork and will produce it's logging messages on stderr instead of via syslog. The -f option specifies foreground (non-daemon) mode, the program will not fork but will still log normally. The -u option specifies the name of a user to use for running ldd (for recursive operation). Note that locking shared objects that are writable by non-root is not safe, but using a different UID will reduce the risk. The config file will contain a number of fully qualified names of files to lock in RAM. When locking shared objects and ELF binaries it is possible to prefix the file name with a + character to indicate that memlockd should recursively lock all shared objects that the program requires and all shared objects that those objects require. When a file not found error doesn't matter (EG you want a single config file to have the file names for multiple architectures or systems) you can prefix the file name with a ? character, in that case errors such as EPERM will still be logged. If a line in the config file starts with a % character it will be taken as the name of a config file or directory to process. Currently only one level of recursion is accepted. SEE ALSO mlock(2), mmap(1). AUTHOR
memlockd was written by Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> memlockd(8)