Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: egrep getting numbers only
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers egrep getting numbers only Post 302646689 by Scrutinizer on Friday 25th of May 2012 12:26:24 PM
Old 05-25-2012
POSIX grep:
Code:
grep -Eo '([0-9]+\.){3}[0-9]+' infile

This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Egrep cheat sheet anywhere? Looking for meaning of egrep -c

Hi I've been searching google and have not found what egrep -c means. Does anyone know where I can get a cheat sheet or what that -c means? thanks, Linda (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leelm
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search ")" with egrep - egrep: syntax error

Hi Guys, we have a shell script which basically query the Database which retrieves huge data and use the data with "egrep" . Now there is some data which contains characters like "abc)" and the same is used like below : "egrep (.+\|GDPRAB16\|GDPR/11702 96 abc)\|$ temp.txt" now while... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagarjani
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

seperating records with numbers from a set of numbers

I have two files one (numbers file)contains the numbers(approximately 30000) and the other file(record file) contains the records(approximately 40000)which may or may not contain the numbers from that file. I want to seperate the records which has the field 1=(any of the number from numbers... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiv@jad
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

read numbers from file and output which numbers belongs to which range

Howdy experts, We have some ranges of number which belongs to particual group as below. GroupNo StartRange EndRange Group0125 935300 935399 Group2006 935400 935476 937430 937459 Group0324 935477 935549 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace US numbers with European numbers

hey, I have a file with numbers in US notation (1,000,000.00) as well as european notation (1.000.000,00) i want all the numbers to be in european notation. the numbers are in a text file, so to prevent that the regex also changes the commas in a sentence/text i thought of: sed 's/,/\./'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FOBoy
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

the smallest number from 90% of highest numbers from all numbers in file

Hello All, I am having problem to find what is the smallest number from 90% of highest numbers from all numbers in file. I am having file with thousands of lines and hundreds of columns. I am familiar mainly with bash but I am open to whatever suggestion witch will lead to the solutions. If I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Apfik
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex/egrep matching numbers in brackets

Experts: I don't know that regular expressions will ever be easy for me, so if one of you guru's could help out, I'd appreciate it. I'm trying to match a line in our syslog, but I can't figure out how to match a number inside a bracket. This is what I'm trying to match. "Jul 16 00:01:34... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdveencamp
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print numbers and associated text belonging to an interval of numbers

##### (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl match multiple numbers from a variable similar to egrep

I want to match the number exactly from the variable which has multiple numbers seperated by pipe symbol similar to search in egrep.below is the code which i tried #!/usr/bin/perl my $searchnum = $ARGV; my $num = "148|1|0|256"; print $num; if ($searchnum =~ /$num/) { print "found"; }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kar_333
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Decimal numbers and letters in the same collums: round numbers

Hi! I found and then adapt the code for my pipeline... awk -F"," -vOFS="," '{printf "%0.2f %0.f\n",$2,$4}' xxx > yyy I add -F"," -vOFS="," (for input and output as csv file) and I change the columns and the number of decimal... It works but I have also some problems... here my columns ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: echo manolis
7 Replies
oggz-scan(1)						      General Commands Manual						      oggz-scan(1)

NAME
oggz-scan -- Scan an Ogg file and output characteristic landmarks SYNOPSIS
oggz-scan [-k | --keyframe ] [-o filename | --output filename ] [-f format | --format format ] filename oggz-scan [-h | --help ] [-v | --version ] Description oggz-scan scans the content of an Ogg file and outputs timestamps of characteristic features. Options oggz-scan accepts the following options: Output options -o filename, --output filename Write output to the specified filename instead of printing it to standard output. -f format, --format format Write output in the specified format. Supported formats are plain, cmml, html. (Default: plain) Feature options -k, --keyframe Display timestamps of unforced Theora keyframes. Miscellaneous options -h, --help Display usage information and exit. -v, --version Output version information and exit. AUTHOR
Silvia Pfeiffer October 7, 2005; COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005 CSIRO Australia SEE ALSO
oggz-dump(1), oggz-info(1), oggz-rip(1), oggz-validate(1) oggz-scan(1)