Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Splitting file based on pattern and first character Post 302646541 by clx on Friday 25th of May 2012 09:07:32 AM
Old 05-25-2012
Like this..?
Code:
awk '/#error occured#/ {printf ("%.135s\n",$0) > "pema.junk"} /^r/ && ! /#error occured#/ { printf ("%.135s\n",$0) > "pema.r"} /^s/ && ! /#error occured#/ {printf ("%.135s\n",$0) > "pema.s"}' pema.txt

I know it looks dirty Smilie
This User Gave Thanks to clx For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting the file based on logic

Hello I have a requirement where i need to split the Input fixed width file which contains multiple invoices into multiple files with 2 invoices per file. Each invoice can be identified by its first line's second character which is "H" and sixth character is " " space and the invoice would... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsdev_123
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a file based on two patterns

Hi there, I've an input file as follows: *START 1001 a1 1002 a2 1003 a3 1004 a4 *END *START 1001 b1 1002 b2 1004 b4 *END *START 1001 c1 1004 c4 *END (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kbirde
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Splitting a file based on first 8 chars

I have an input file of this format <Date><other data> For example, 20081213aaaaaaaaa 20081213bbbbbbbbb 20081220ccccccccc 20081220ddddddddd 20081220eeeeeeeee 20081227ffffffffffffff The first 8 chars are date in YYYYMMDD formT. I need to split this file into n files where n is the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: paruthiveeran
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting large file into multiple files in unix based on pattern

I need to write a shell script for below scenario My input file has data in format: qwerty0101TWE 12345 01022005 01022005 datainala alanfernanded 26 qwerty0101mXZ 12349 01022005 06022008 datainalb johngalilo 28 qwerty0101TWE 12342 01022005 07022009 datainalc hitalbert 43 qwerty0101CFG 12345... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy12
19 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with splitting large file based on pattern

Hi Experts, I have to split huge file based on the pattern to create smaller files. The pattern which is expected in the file is: Master..... First... second.... second... third.. third... Master... First.. second... third... Master... First... second.. second.. second..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saisanthi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File character adjustment based on specific character

i have a reqirement to adjust the data in a file based on a perticular character the sample data is as below 483PDEAN CORRIGAN 52304037528955WAGES 50000 89BP ABCD MASTER352 5434604223735428 4200 58BP SOUTHERN WA848 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pema.yozer
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging two special character separated files based on pattern matching

Hi. I have 2 files of below format. File1 AA~1~STEVE~3.1~4.1~5.1 AA~2~DANIEL~3.2~4.2~5.2 BB~3~STEVE~3.3~4.3~5.3 BB~4~TIM~3.4~4.4~5.4 File 2 AA~STEVE~AA STEVE WORKS at AUTO COMPANY AA~DANIEL~AA DANIEL IS A ELECTRICIAN BB~STEVE~BB STEVE IS A COOK I want to match 1st and 3rd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crypto87
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting based on occurence of a Character at fixed position

I have a requirement where i need to split a file based on occurence of a character which is present at a fixed position. Description is as below: 1. The file will be more than 1 Lakh records. 2. Each line will be of fixed length of 987 characters. 3. At position 28 in each line either 'C' or... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neelkanth
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting textfile based on pattern and name new file after pattern

Hi there, I am pretty new to those things, so I couldn't figure out how to solve this, and if it is actually that easy. just found that awk could help:(. so i have a textfile with strings and numbers (originally copy pasted from word, therefore some empty cells) in the following structure: SC... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: luja
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Splitting a file based on a pattern

Hi All, I am having a problem. I tried to extract the chunk of data and tried to fix I am not able to. Any help please Basically I need to remove the for , values after K, this is how it is now A,, B, C,C, D,D, 12/04/10,12/04/10, K,1,1,1,1,0,3.0, K,1,1,1,2,0,4.0,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies
Tcl_GetKeyedListKeys(TCL)												 Tcl_GetKeyedListKeys(TCL)

NAME
TclX_NewKeyedListObj, TclX_KeyedListGet, TclX_KeyedListSet, TclX_KeyedListDelete, TclX_KeyedListGetKeys - Keyed list management routines. SYNOPSIS
#include <tclExtend.h> Tcl_Obj * TclX_NewKeyedListObj (void); int TclX_KeyedListGet (Tcl_Interp *interp, Tcl_Obj *keylPtr, char *key, Tcl_Obj **valuePtrPtr); int TclX_KeyedListSet (Tcl_Interp *interp, Tcl_Obj *keylPtr, char *key, Tcl_Obj *valuePtr); int TclX_KeyedListDelete (Tcl_Interp *interp, Tcl_Obj *keylPtr, char *key); int TclX_KeyedListGetKeys (Tcl_Interp *interp, Tcl_Obj *keylPtr, char *key, Tcl_Obj **listObjPtrPtr); DESCRIPTION
These routines perform operations on keyed lists. See the Extended Tcl man page for a description of keyed lists. TclX_NewKeyedListObj Create and initialize a new keyed list object. Returns: A pointer to the object. TclX_KeyedListGet Retrieve a key value from a keyed list. Parameters: o interp - Error message will be return in result if there is an error. o keylPtr - Keyed list object to get key from. o key - The name of the key to extract. Will recusively process sub-keys seperated by `.'. o valueObjPtrPtr - If the key is found, a pointer to the key object is returned here. NULL is returned if the key is not present. Returns: o TCL_OK - If the key value was returned. o TCL_BREAK - If the key was not found. o TCL_ERROR - If an error occured. TclX_KeyedListSet Set a key value in keyed list object. Parameters: o interp - Error message will be return in result object. o keylPtr - Keyed list object to update. o key - The name of the key to extract. Will recusively process sub-key seperated by `.'. o valueObjPtr - The value to set for the key. Returns: TCL_OK or TCL_ERROR. TclX_KeyedListDelete Delete a key value from keyed list. Parameters: o interp - Error message will be return in result if there is an error. o keylPtr - Keyed list object to update. o key - The name of the key to extract. Will recusively process sub-key seperated by `.'. Returns: o TCL_OK - If the key was deleted. o TCL_BREAK - If the key was not found. o TCL_ERROR - If an error occured. TclX_KeyedListGetKeys Retrieve a list of keyed list keys. Parameters: o interp - Error message will be return in result if there is an error. o keylPtr - Keyed list object to get key from. o key - The name of the key to get the sub keys for. NULL or empty to retrieve all top level keys. o listObjPtrPtr - List object is returned here with key as values. Returns: o TCL_OK - If the zero or more key where returned. o TCL_BREAK - If the key was not found. o TCL_ERROR - If an error occured. Tcl Tcl_GetKeyedListKeys(TCL)